EVRI Have "Lost" A PS5 I sent, Offering £25 compensation rather than the £500+ I am Owed.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 575 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all, first time user of consumer action group.

I would like to contact small claims court regarding getting full compensation. I have been reading other cases and have written a letter of claims to send via post to Evri (attached below).

background to the case can be found in the letter.

Does anyone know an email that I can contact?

Any pointers on the letter of claims would be much appreciated.

Hermes Parcelnet Limited_Letter of Claim.pdf

never use email if you are intending court. you need a papertrail - get free proof of posting from any po counter.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Have you sent an initial letter of complaint? Have they knocked you back on any pretext and if so what ?

Did you take out the so-called insurance?

I have not sent a letter of complaint as I didnt see the point as its gonna get ignored anyway.

I have been in communication with Packlink rather than Evri directly as I was told to contact Packlink. They sent me an email explaining the £25 compensation after I said that I wanted to be compensated in full, thats the only pretext so far.

No I did not take out insurance.

Yes an initial letter of complaint will be ignored but you should send it anyway .

Send a letter of complaint and make your claim. After about 10 days or so, come back here with a draft letter of claim and we will go through the next step .

In the meantime, make sure you read up about the enforceability of the insurance requirement and all the other issues that will come up during your claim against them. We have lots of stories on the sub forum and we have covered everything.

From the questions you are asking here, I think it's about time that you paused and started reading around the stories on the subforum so that you understand the way that we approach these things .

It's important that you are familiar with the steps because it will give you a greater level of confidence and make you much more effective when you start to go formal with them

Spend at least a day reading around lots of stories not only to understand the principles involved but also to understand the steps .

Then come back here

Don't set a deadline at this point.  

The rest is fine

• 5 weeks later...

Apologies its been a while, I sent off my letter of formal complaint around a month ago and I have not heard anything from Evri.

I have written a draft letter of claims and have attached it below.

Regarding the particulars of claim, do I need to send that with the letter of claim or should I send that at a later date ?

Hermes Parcelnet Limited_Letter of Claim.pdf

You don't send the particular s anywhere.

Have made yourself familiar with the process of starting your court claim on the mcol website and what needs doing?

Dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry for the late reply, just got back from holiday.

I have familarised myself with the MCOL process and would like to send of my letter of claims, 

Will the one I attached in my previous message suffice ?

Will

Yes that's fine although you could add that further court costs and interest will be added should you have to issue a court claim.

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread