Is 19 months on too late to pursue losses against delivery services?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 652 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I suspect this should have been done long ago, but if I am still able to do something then great.

Mobile phone sold on eBay in late September 2020 for £195 and sent via Parcel2GO. They lost the parcel and I was out of pocket £195. Open a case and in early November got a standard response of 'no insurace cover/no compensation'.

I couldn't be bothered pursuing it because life and everything, but I'm wondering if there is any chance at all attempting to fight them with so much time passed. If there is, great, I will edit this post, if not may as well delete.

Edited by DJ191

Yes, you can still pursue the issue if you want .

We are happy to help you but if we do help you then you will have to be a little bit more engaged with us and with the problem then you have been so far .

If you want to go ahead then start reading up the stories on this subform and also give a succinct bullet pointed chronology laying out the story

Ok, I understand this will likely now involve LBA and it seems they drag their heels until mediation/a claim going ahead. So.

On 06/10/2020, I received £194.42, total cost £201.56 before fees for a mobile phone which I had sold on eBay.
I booked EVRi (now EVRI) delivery with Parcel2GO. The value decalared was £200 and 'parcel protection' was not purchased.

I dropped the phone off at a parcelshop on 07/10/22 and it was collected the same day but stopped tracking ever since. 16 days later & no updates, EVRi admitted they 'couldn't locate' so I refunded my buyer the £194.42.

On 30/10/20 I opened a case with P2G to report a failure of service. On 14/11/20 the claim was rejected and closed, quoted reason 'you opted against taking out parcel protection.' 

Nothing ever since. This was a reasonable time ago, so I no longer have access to the ebay page, but I do have PayPal history showing what was sold, the value, sales venue, assigned tracking numbers, etc. along with my P2GO invoice, case and tracking history.

I suspect that the next step will likely be to deliver a LBA to Parcel2GO?

Edited by DJ191

No .

That is to start reading the stories on this sub forum and send a follow up complaint and tell them that despite the delay, you do not accept their decision and you are going to proceed but you are giving them a chance to reconsider .

Of course they will knock you back or maybe not even respond.

Start drafting a letter of claim and post it here .

With the money claim website and start preparing your claim and post a draft particulars of claim here

Ok. Complaint typed into letter/pdf but no email to send it to, person on live chat informed me that they only allow 28 days for a claim/28 days further to rebutt their response as per their T&C's. We went round in circles even with heavy persistence and they couldn't provide an email to send it to.

I do have the CEO email which I could deliver it to, or could post once I can get to a printer.

In the meantime I will trawl past posts re; couriers, draft a letter of claim and post it, and research money claim/particulars of claim

Send it to the CEO email. Tell them that you don't give a monkeys about their time minutes.

Email/follow on complaint delivered yesterday evening and it's presence acknowledged this morning.

I am still reading through previous stories, mostly Evri, a couple of p2g but I am getting an idea of how this will likely go. Fairly confident.

Letter before claim drafted ready for the fob off. I've attached it with redactions.

As for money claim I have signed up and looked over it. It seems there is two systems, moneyclaims.service.gov.uk and moneyclaim.gov.uk (MCOL) and they differ in layout/usage. Can I use either?

Draft notice of claim parcel2go.pdf

Ok. Letter of claim looks fine. Keep on doing the reading and bide your time

Yes the complaint was denied, Parcel2go are just reiterating their nonsense re; parcel cover as expected.

Minor changes to letter of claim to reflect the reason for the complaint being rejected and I've added the cost of the bogus contract. I'll have it sent in the next few days once I get to a printer as I'm guessing an email won't do.

Attached particulars ready to go on MCOL.

Parcel2Go Particulars of Claim Redacted.pdf

Edited by DJ191

I would remove all references to the fact that you had to reimburse a customer. It's not relevant and it doesn't concern them .

You were simply somebody who bought the service and used it to send at an item which they lost in breach of the contract .

The insisted that you buy an enhanced insurance and that is unfair and uninforceable

LBA response. At first they quoted 'the T&Cs' re: to no requirement to compensate, then a 'claim approval' offering £50 + postage come through.

Not sure it's a case of p2g feeling generous. I  suspect they are not confident their T&C's would hold up in court and the best course of action would be to press on with this?

Edited by DJ191

Accept the money they have offered you but make it clear in writing in your acceptance that you will be proceeding for the balance