mis-description of car sold by Copart.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 654 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I purchased a Mokka,

having U category and was listed as 'minor dents & scratches' and with secondary issue as normal wear.

The car was delivered with a seized engine.

When corresponding with Copart they have quoted their usual terms and conditions and also show a picture of the rev counter showing zero and deny any responsibility.,

, what do you suggest I do next...

communicating with them seems a no-hoper.

I purchased a Mokka from Copart for £4200, it was described at Cat U and also having a primary issue of 'minor dents and scratches' and secondary issue of 'normal wear'.

All checks of vehicle seemed good.

When eventually the car was delivered on a low-loader it had a seized engine.

Copart are referring to their terms and conditions etc and are showing that the rev counter was at zero and they deny any responsibility, which I am sure is the standard format. 

Have I just been stupid here or have I some claim of redress. 

Unfortunately I paid by debit card.

Copart are saying that because they provided an image of the rev counter when the engine was switched on and that the counter registered zero I should have know that the engine was faulty...

my argument is, that if the engine was faulty they should have stated this as the primary fault reason, and not that of the 'minor dents & scratches '

Did you view and purchase this solely on line without viewing the vehicle?

And can we have dates of each stage please?

Dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• dx100uk changed the title to mis-description of car sold by Copart.
1 hour ago, acc1956 said:

Copart are saying that because they provided an image of the rev counter when the engine was switched on and that the counter registered zero I should have know that the engine was faulty...

It sounds unreasonable to me that a non-expert should be expected to draw that conclusion from an an image of a rev counter showing zero, it could just as easily have meant that the rev counter was broken! 

If it was only an image of a rev counter how were you supposed to know that  that the engine was switched on?

A seized engine cannot reasonably be described as "normal wear".

Please find attached the image of the rev counter that Copart are referring to.

Also attached are details of the vehicle as issued by Copart. 

The auction took place on the 8th June, the vehicle was delivered on the 21st June.

My first correspondence email to Copart was on the 23rd, their reply on the 24th.

I then replied on the 28th and they responded the same day.

I sent them, a further email on the 2nd July and they responded today... their admin is good !

2016 VAUXHALL MOKKA TECH.pdf Doc1.pdf

can we just be sure here

you did not attend the auction

everything was done -online-

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hi

What I find strange is the PDF of the Vauxhall Mokka Tech specs states:

Odometer:  53974

Yet the Doc 1 PDF (why they are using against you) states: Odometer Reading as '0'

So they advertised this for Auction with an Odometer Reading of '53974' when in fact the actual Odometer Reading was '0' due to a faulty engine not mentioned in there advertisement for that specific Auction.

I agree we need you to clarify for this Auction it was all either done online only and you didn't attend Auction or you attended the Auction and had the opportunity to view the vehicle?

How to Upload Documents/Images on CAG - **INSTRUCTIONS CLICK HERE**

FORUM RULES - Please ensure to read these before posting **FORUM RULES CLICK HERE**

I cannot give any advice by PM - If you provide a link to your Thread then I will be happy to offer advice there.

I advise to the best of my ability, but I am not a qualified professional, benefits lawyer nor Welfare Rights Adviser.

Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

This auction was all undertaken 'on-line' on the 8th June, on their Sandy location... I'm sorry, I am unable to see where the odometer reading is a 0.

thanks

All online, informed it was not as described/faulty day after delivery.

Your consumer rights are quite clear, you can get a full refund IMHO 

Dx

and they

For the majority of customers, the image of the instruments in the pack would be simply to show the odometer reading  in confirmation of the advertised mileage. The fact that the Rev counter is showing '0' would simply mean that the ignition was on, but the engine had not been started.

It is disingenuous of them to imply otherwise.

• Like 1
  • I agree 1

My time as a Police Officer and subsequently time working within the Motor Trade gives me certain insights into the problems that consumers may encounter.

I have no legal qualifications.

If you have found my post helpful, please enhance my reputation by clicking on the Heart. Thank you

Thank you so much everyone who has helped, this has eased my mind and has shown that I am not alone.   There is a story that I would like to share, if you have the time to read...

There was a stranger walking a path, wondering to himself, what was the meaning of life and what was a good society.  He came upon a wise man sitting at the path side and he asked him the same question.    The wise man pointed to a nearby castle and said I’ll take you there and will show you your answer.

Together they walked a path and in the castle there were two turrets and in each turret there was a large round room and in each room there was a large round oak table. In the middle of the table was a copper bowl filled with best gruel. Around each table were twelve knights each having a long handled spoon... the spoon was long enough to reach into the bowl but was too long to feed their mouths.

In  one of the two rooms the knights had turned to the ugliest of skeletons and dust,  whilst in the second room the knights were in the best of health, laughing and singing.

The stranger asked why there was a difference and the wise man replied, in the first room the knights only thought of themselves, whilst in the second room the knights thought of and fed each other.

Thanks to everyone, it’s nice to be in the second room with you....what do I do not with Copart?

• Thanks 1

A heads up on something they might throw back at you at some point, just so you are prepared for it if they do. 

Back in post 1 you said it was sold as Cat U. Not knowing what that meant I looked it up and this what they say on their website.

Salvage Auctions – Guide to Buying a Used Unrecorded Car – Copart UK

They may allege that you should have been aware that if they say a vehicle is 'Category U' it might need "skills and knowledge ... to repair and restore the vehicle".

• I agree 1