Old HSBC joint secured Loan - Sold to Lowell, who wrote off debt in 2015 - trying to sell home.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 655 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi there, 

I really need some help please!!

In 2013 HSBC sold a secured loan to Lowell financial services (but bizarrely they didnt transfer the charging order to Lowell). 

The title deeds of my house say that the charge is still in favour of HSBC. 

I was never made aware of the sale to Lowell until I went to sell my house last week - when I contacted Lowell I found out two things: 

1. Lowell have absolutely no record whatsoever of my ex-partner who was also a signatory on the secured loan!???

2. In 2015 Lowell financial wrote off the debt as "Unecconomoical to recover" - thats what their internal systems say. 

I asked Lowell to send me a letter confirming that the account was closed and settled in full and they very kindly did this!!

I thought that this would be the end of my woes with Lowell however they are saying they wont authorise the removal of the charging order from my house unless I "Agree to reopen the account" (that they closed) and pay it in full??!! (After 7 years of no contact!???)

All this despite me having a letter from them saying it was "settled in full" and a "zero balance".

What are my options? 

Obviously there was an outstanding debt originally but they have closed the account and if they are going to re-open it surely they should be chasing both my ex-partner and me jointly and not just me!?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!!!

Thank you :)

Hi there, yes the property is jointly owned by my ex-partner (who also signed the original secured loan agreement). 

Also Lowell have sent me letter stating that the account is closed (it was closed in 2015 by them stating "unecconomical to recover") 

I'm really confused by all this!!

I have done the search for you. Read this:

FREECONVEYANCINGADVICE.CO.UK

We want to sell our property. And pay back our mortgage in full. But not the other restriction charging order on my boyfriends beneficial in the prope

• Sad 1

Can't be a restriction k ..the charge is as a result of a secured loan taken out by both owners of the property at time.

Sadly no other option bar to negotiate a low f&f.

Dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Nope the charge and its wording is all they need and explains everything 

Dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• dx100uk changed the title to Old HSBC joint secured Loan - Sold to Lowell, who wrote off debt in 2015 - trying to sell home.