Huddle Utilities Claimform - Shared Student Accommodation Util resellers - Elec/Gas/TV/BB/Water debt ***Claim Struck Out***

My daughter left university 4 years ago and is been chased for an old utility bill of £500 from her letting agent. 

During her final year she paid the bills monthly at the requested amount of the letting agent never missing payment

however at the end of the contract they sent a bill for the outstanding balance as they claimed they had used more than they had paid.

At the time there 4 students sharing and to my knowledge were all asked for the same amount so 2k.

As a result we asked for proof of underpayment which after a lot of emails the agent sent a copy of a bill with all the figures crossed out which I replied was not good enough proof.

After 4 years they have decided to proceed and try and get payment and have applied to take the amount through her wages.

They have paid £40 to do a search to find out where she works.

Also they said they are applying through the court to get the money.

Can someone give me any advice.

My annoyance with this is they can do this to every student and how many just pay so I’m disputing it until we have proof which I am sure we have a right to ask.

R.

unless they have already been to court and won, they can do nothing of the sort.

all just willy waving.

post it up here please suitably redacted.

read upload carefully

give us everything in one mass PDf in date order please.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

So they have got a CCJ against your daughter ?  Your post suggests that they have got a CCJ.

Why was the Court claim not defended ?

Have you got a copy of the judgement ? 

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Thanks for your reply’s no CCJ been applied but as dx mentions I think it’s just Willy Waving and threatening a CCJ but just want to be sure I will get her to post some edited letters and emails(more tech savvy than me ) in date order including the latest email received just doing this as a type. 

just one mass PDF will do.

but please redact all pers detail dont worry about any fleecer details just her detail email name address ref no's etc.

just so THEY cant ID her here.

i recognise the user name we used to have another rob miller been here before?

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Just so we are completely clear @Robsmillers has your daughter checked her credit record with Experian and the other CRA to make sure there is no CCJ or anything else about this alleged debt on her credit record?

Second question: when our children were in student rented accommodation we, as parents, had to give a guarantee to the letting agency for any unpaid amounts that our daughter owed. Did you give a guarantee?

Update to my original post after clarity from my daughter.

Its not the letting agency sending her the emails it’s another company who are utility contractors. 

She has checked her Credit report and nothing is logged.

Second you're right about the guarantors which was my wife but that was with the letting agent which I don’t think was used against the 3rd party utility contractor.

so willy waving yes.

IF we win in court, then we would go for an attachment of earnings order.

wonder if they are trying this scam on all the students that were there..

thats the disadvantage of emails

free way to harass people.

pers i'd block and bounce their email addresses.

if they are really that serious

let them follow the pre-action protocol, which they must, giving you 30 days to reply

and then another 30 days before they can raise a court claim.

hope they weren't reselling all those utils at a higher price:pound:

• Like 1

and they

My daughters' been checking a student forum and this company is still billing students after their contracts have finished.

Although now it looks like they're just taking money from accounts anyway…

to your last point I think they were hence the cover up on figures lol 

Ensure all dd's are cancelled.

If they ever gave them a debit card number get it's CPA to them nulled too 

You aren't naming them so we can't check them out

Dx

• Like 1

and they

of course

dx

and they

• 11 months later...

Thank you for re opening :)

After nearly 12 months they have been back in touch via Email which was sent last Thursday threatening to send someone round if she had not been in touch in 7 days followed by a letter which received yesterday dated the 8th June saying same thing.

The debt collectors from Huddle have today been to my address and my Daughters complete with body cams etc 

If i was in they would have been told where to go,  I am sure there used to be a letter to give them.

Thx 

• dx100uk changed the title to Huddle Utilities Ltd Student utility debt

no dont enter stupid letter tennis

can you scam the letter/email up please.

dx

and they

• dx100uk changed the title to Huddle Utilities Ltd Student utility debt - now doorstepper!
  • dx100uk changed the title to Huddle Utilities Ltd chasing 2019 Mass Utilities debt - now doorstepper!

been doing some background on HUDDLE UTILITIES LTD and the FAKE truenergy (closed) ex co. on the FCA register and companies house.

utter BS.

they CANT do doorsteppers, no co. can do that 

this co are NOT FCA registered so cannot carry out debt collection activities without permission.

you need to report these scammers!

those are employees posing as FAKE bailiffs. OPPSS!!

and the 'debt' is from a range of utils they provide from elec/gas/water to BB/TV and wireless access..

utter utter scammers. so which 'utility' did your daughter not pay..try and work that out from their bills...you cant.

with your history rob.

i'd be banging on the FCA's door very loudly .

there must be 10'000 of students getting scammed by these fleecers over outstanding bills.

and the list of closed companies the 'officers' have owned and gone bist or been closed down is as long as your arm.

the very best thing here is for them to get her in court.

their company would fall like a pack of cards one exposed

and they

Thanks dx for your reply and pretty much confirming what I thought.

Your right I believe they are scamming Students left right and centre they accidentally sent my daughter the details of 2 other students they are chasing with all their personal information, lovely breach of data protection but like you say there is probably 1000’s more. 

I cannot believe they are not part of the Fca . I will get a strongly worded letter drafted today.

I have always maintained  if they show me proof of the debt in detail I would quite happily pay however they won’t and probably don’t want to show they are re selling the utility allegedly.

• dx100uk changed the title to Huddle Utilities Ltd student utilities resellers chasing 2018 'debt' - fake bailiffs/doorstepper!??

Update

Hi my response from FCA just pasted the main points

Huddle Utilities Ltd 

I’ve conducted a search on the Financial Services Register (the register) which is a public database of the firms we authorise and regulate and it also shows warning pages for unauthorised firms. I’ve been unable to locate a firm called Huddle Utilities Ltd which means they’re not authorised by us.  

If a firm is offering certain investments or financial services in the UK or if they have any affiliation to the UK, then they should be authorised by the FCA to do this. If they're not authorised then they may not require authorisation and you wouldn’t have any protections in place if anything went wrong. 

Your next steps  

Although we regulate and oversee the UK’s financial industry, there are certain services or products which don’t fall within our regulation. This means firms that perform or offer any unregulated products or services are not subject to our rules, and we have no authority over their business. 

If a firm are collecting regulated debt they would require authorisation to do so and we would expect them to adhere to our rules. Examples of this type of debt include mortgages, credit cards, and loans. If you believe the firm are trying to collect regulated debt please let me know. 

However, debt that doesn’t relate to a consumer credit agreement (for example, parking fines, utility bills, council tax) generally falls outside our remit and firms collecting those debts don’t need to be authorised by us. You can find further information here. Instead you may benefit from contacting the Credit Services Association, who are the trade association for the debt collection and debt purchase industry.   

It may also be useful to seek some legal guidance. A good starting point can be through contacting Citizens Advice for information and guidance regarding your consumer rights in relation to this matter. Citizens Advice can be contacted on 0800 144 8848 or by visiting www.citizensadvice.org.uk 

Does the above alter anything ?? 

na just that you cant poke a finger back..AFAIKS shame.

shame you didnt film them on your phone so it can go up on youtube.

they really cant do that.

dx

and they

• 2 months later...