Three - Lowell

ads_uk
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 584 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi all.
bit of advice please.

I had a Three contract up until November last year. At £11pcm for 24mths. Paid every month on time via their online portal.

When I ported over, I received a letter from Three thanking me for being a customer blah blah blah..
It also said IF I owed anything a final bill will be sent.

No final bill ever received - I get a phone call around the first week in December form an Indian sounding man who was extremly difficult to understand.
Said he was calling from Three, and wanted me to confirm my details - something of which I didnt as something didnt sit right.
He said I could log into my account and review my bill as I owed money and then hung up.

After the call I thought I'd best log into my account just in case. 
Couldnt log in. Account access denied.
Logged on to chat - they said as I ported over and I was no longer a customer my access was suspended.

Couple of weeks later I had another call from a local area number and answered again it was some Indian guy telling me I owed money, wanting me to confirm details.
I refused and he said details will be sent out to me to my email on account and my home address as it was important.

Once again nothing..

15th Dec I received an email from PastDue in my name RE Three.
Email stated they were contacting me about Three an I should receive a letter soon regards to this matter.
Says about visiting their website. 

22nd Jan another email form Pastdue. Stating they have yet to receive a response to the letter, and they had already sent me an email about this.
We will continue to contact you until this matter is resolved. Again asks me to login.

23rd Jan letter received dated 13th Jan. Titled "We are here to help keep your Three Services" 
Claiming I owed "Airetime Balance £201.43" and contract period was 26/11/2019 to 25/11/2020

States "We have been appointed by Three to recover the amount of £201.43. If you pay this amount in full Three may be able to waive the cancellation fee and reconnect their service for you" - what cancellation fee / re connection??? I ended the contract giving the 30days notice and paying the last bill..

Then the normal crap about its important to pay. If I'm experiencing difficulties etc.

Now both December and  January Credit reports from ClearScore, Credit Karma, Credit Expert, Totally Money and Equifax all show Three as Closed and balance as Zero.
(Date Satisfied /closed 17th Nov, bal 0, last updated 30th Nov)

I've had nothing from Three. As far as I'm concerned I owe nothing as no final bill and no access to the portal.

Should I email PastDue and do a prove it & attach proof of Credit Reports being £0 or do I do something else?

The 1st 2 calls were the normal scam calls.

get a truecall box

the PDC stuff you ignore

their letter States our client three

whom if you wanted too you deal with directly.

Until/unless whenever it gets sold on too and they eventually send a letter of claim you maintain radio silence

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• 1 year later...

Morning all.

Following on from PDC claim back in Jan 2021 (https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/431180-pastdue-three-alleged-debt/)

I have received a letter from Three & Lowell stating that Three have now sold the debt of £201.43 to Lowell.

As per the original PDC post, I was told I'd I owed anything when I switched network I'd receive a final bill - however no final bill received and ALL credit report entries relating to Three are shown as closed and all show that the balance was £0 account and marked as settled.

Should I ignore, or respond to Lowell - I've been getting texts and emails every few days from them relating to this (not posted sooner as I have only just returned from hols)

have you moved since you last used/paid this account and failed to inform 3?

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Nope.

Same address as I have been at for the past 25+years.

Three have communicated to me in the past at this address with promotion material when account was close to renewal.

It was one envelope received with both letters from Lowell saying they bought the debt and one from three stating they sold the debt.

All credit reports still show Hutchinson 3G LTD as closed (settled) as of 17th November balance £0

await if they are ever brave enough to send a letter of claim.

dx

and they

• 3 weeks later...

Might be worth doing screen shots of the Credit Agencies showing the account as settled and zero owing.

Not sure what good it would do but just in case, costs you nothing but a few bytes of disk space.

Also wonder if a SAR to 3 might be in order.  At least you will find out if they did generate a final bill that you never got and the date etc that they sold the debt on.

Also useful for determining what the STAT BAR date will be.

Already have credit reports (TransUnion, Equifax, Experian and screens from TotallyMoney, CreditKarma, Clear score & CreditClub), showing the entry as £0 on 20/11/2020.

However I've viewed all today and recently Three has been removed from all of them.

I'm not entering into any communication with anyone, not even 3.

I have proof account closed with zero balance in November 2020 by way of the credit reports.

On 27/06/2022 at 14:23, dx100uk said:

dx

When a debt is sold the OC will zero the balance and mark as settled for their entry. If/if not the debt buyer puts it up under their name, as they can, is another matter.

Dx

and they

I closed the account with Three November 2020.

The entry for Three on all credit reports had a last update of 30/11/2020 and the settled/satisfied as 17/11/2020 with the balance of zero.

If I owed something to Three then they would have contacted me/chased me.

I had nothing from them.

The PDC letter was the first I heard that they claimed I owed something but then they hadn't sold the alleged debt to PDC & credit reports were still £0 balance with a last update of 30/11/2020

• 1 month later...

I've received multiple letters over the past 4wks all along the lines of contact us.

Today I've received one that now says "we're considering further recovery action.

If we don't hear from you, we will consider taking further recovery action to recover what you owe "

Is it a case of ignore this one aswell?

On 27/06/2022 at 14:23, dx100uk said:

dx

and they