Parking charge notice... Premier Park Tasman Court, Ocean Village, Southampton SO14 3TP

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 639 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, been a long time since I have been here..

Received this little beauty through the post the other day. I was parked there for work, but can say if necessary that I went to the apartment and got the pass and put it in the car after the photos were taken.

The car park is Tasman court in Ocean Village Southampton.

I know things have changed over the last few years...... can I avoid paying this speculative invoice??

Please answer the following questions.

1 Date of the infringement 16th June 2022

2 Date on the NTK [this must have been received within 14 days from the 'offence' date] 17th June 2022

[scan up BOTH SIDES as ONE PDF- follow the upload guide]

please do not put JPG Picture files into your post

3 Date received 24th June 2022

4 Does the NTK mention schedule 4 of The Protections of Freedoms Act 2012? [Y/N?] Y

5 Is there any photographic evidence of the event? yes

6 Have you appealed? [Y/N?] post up your appeal] no

Have you had a response? [Y/N?] post it up n/a

7 Who is the parking company? Premier Park

8. Where exactly [carpark name and town] Tasman court, Ocean Village, Southampton

For either option, does it say which appeals body they operate under.

BPA

pcn.pdf

I am not a solicitor :!::!:

Most of my knowledge came from this site :-D:-D

If I have been helpful in any way at all .............. Please click my star..... :-(:-(

• honeybee13 changed the title to Parking charge notice... Premier Park Tasman Court, Ocean Village, Southampton
  • honeybee13 changed the title to Parking charge notice... Premier Park Tasman Court, Ocean Village, Southampton SO14 3TP

dont forget to remove the PCN number next time

you dont need these fleecers finding you here.

done it for you.

the photos are very blurred

i cant see how these photo's were taken

it looks like a CCTV camera out a window?

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Thanks for that DX. Like I said, been a long time..

I think you are right about the source of the photos, they must have just driven through the very empty parking area and took a snap shot or 2

If I have been helpful in any way at all .............. Please click my star..... :-(:-(

well ifit was a CCTV system or an walk about operator then the PCN should have been put on your windscreen and an NTK sent 29-56 days later.

as it is they are conning you its an ANPR capture which it is not and no PCN should be sent in the post.

the experts will pop along later as said

but dont appeal whatever you do.

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

No way are thgose ANPR, ANPR must capture images of number plates, not a motor parked up, if claiming ANPR  NTK not compliant anyway but the experts will be along soon

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

Cheers.. the photos show where the car was parked, not moving or on entry

And from my previous experience on here I remembered not to appeal.

1 hour ago, dx100uk said:

well ifit was a CCTV system or an walk about operator then the PCN should have been put on your windscreen and an NTK sent 29-56 days later.

Spot on dx.

Then they have you as parked from 07:18, to, er 07:18, so no proof at all that you stayed longer than the 15-minute obligatory grace period.

You say you were there for work.  Can you tell us a bit more?  Such as who asked you to work there.  If there were any signs about how to get their silly permits.  Etc.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Yes I was there to do an inventory on a vacant flat. the permits were in the kitchen of the flat, and I should have gone over to the flat, got the permit, put it in my car for the duration, and then put it back. As it was early, I didn't do that and just worked through. There were loads of empty parking spaces.

But what if the Permits weren't there as previous occupants binned them as maybe they have a car Registration number on them as some will have in some places?  Would have been same result if you had displayed t one.  You were there on legitimate business so might well be classed same as a removals company or delivery.  Some fleecer's have been known to invoice removals vans and even police cars.

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

Plus the fleecers have photographed you at 07:18, presumably when you arrived.  There is absolutely nothing to show that you didn't then collect the permit and display it at the earliest possible opportunity, and certainly within the 15-minute grace/consideration period.

At some stage might be worth informing the Managing Agent or landlord that all prices for any jobs on that site must include an optional £100 surcharge to cover the cost of any invoices the Company or its operatives  receive for daring to park up and do the task they were hired to do, as it is not good business for their agent the parking Fleecer to invoice people legitimately working on site.  Just a thought. Over to the teasm

There are a number of things wrong with the PCN.

First as already mentioned there is no parking period mentioned. There has to be a start and an end to the parking period. You were supposed to be there and the permit was available to you.

Does the signage cover their T&Cs for 24 hours?  It would have been better had a  photograph been added with the permit included. Could you still do it without including the day and time? This would show that you were entitled to be there. 

Not sure that the driver would be granted a grace period if no permit though that could mean the driver was trespassing and  only the land owner can sue for trespass.

But the driver could always put them to strict proof as to the length of stay the car was there.

Then there is an argument to say that the car was stopped and the T&Cs were read. After reading them the motorist left but a ticket had already been issued.

The second thing wrong with the PCN is the wording they used does not comply with Schedule 4 s9 [2][f]-the words in brackets are missing.

The third thing  is that they are claiming £115 if payment is not received within the stipulated time. That makes the PCN unlawful since the maximum that can be demanded is £100 and that amount should definitely not appear on the Notice to Keeper which is very strict on what can be said.

All that means is that the keeper is not liable for the debt. Only the driver is. So as long as the keeper does not divulge who was driving there is no one Premier can sue.

There is also a new Act coming out called the Private Parking Code of Practice .

This is an upgrade on the Protection of Freedoms Act 2012 and allows tickets issued for a Permit or a Blue Badge for instance not being shown at the time of the offence to be cancelled if they did actually have a current Permit or Blue Badge at the time

.It is too early to know if Judges will take that into consideration yet but we may know more once some of the newer cases arrive in Court.

• Like 1

Thank you all for your comments....

What do I do now? do I just ignore them? or is there a letter I can send?

We only suggest writing if and when you get a Letter Before Claim/Action that's headed as such.

Before that you're likely to get letters from debt collectors and possibly lawyers, but LBC is the thing to watch for. If you're not sure, come back here and we'll confirm whether you need to do something or not.

It might be a good idea to read some other parking threads for a refresher on how it all works.

HB

• I agree 1

Illegitimi non carborundum

Yes await if/when they send an loc

Dx

and they

• 5 weeks later...

Hi all,

new threatogram today.... from a lovely lady called Abigale...

Can they up the percieved charge to £170?? 😁

img20220726_12195353.pdf img20220726_12185258.pdf

ah the Unicorn feed tax added, no they cannot add it if pursuing the keeper.

Also this is not Debt Recovery Plus's debt.  They are an uninterested third party.  They have no power to do anything.

Not been reading up in the downtime then i see?

Dx

and they