• Tweets

• Good afternoon, I am writing because I am very frustrated. I received a parking fine from MET Parking Services Ltd , ( Southgate park Stansted CM24 1PY) . We stopped for a quick meal in Mcdonalds and were there fir around 30 mins. We always do this after flights and never received a parking fine before.  Reason: The vehicle left in Southgate car park without payment made for parking and the occupants southgate premises. they took some pictures of us leaving the car. i did not try and appeal it yet as I came across many forums that this is a scam and I should leave it. But I keep getting threatening letters.  Incident happened : 23/10/2023 I did contact Mcdonalds and they said this:  Joylyn (McDonald’s Customer Services) 5 Apr 2024, 12:05 BST Dear Laura, Thank you for contacting McDonald’s Customer Services. I’m sorry to hear that you have received a Parking Charge Notice following your visit to our Stansted restaurant.   We've introduced parking restrictions at some of our restaurants to make sure there are always parking spaces available for customers.   We appreciate that some visits such as birthday parties or large group visits might take longer and the parking restrictions aren't intended to stop this. If you think your stay will exceed the stated maximum parking time then please speak to a manager in advance.   Your number plate is scanned by our Automatic Number Plate Recognition (ANPR) system when you enter our car park, and then again when you leave. If you have overstayed the maximum time allowed, you will not be notified straight away- a Parking Charge Notice will be sent to you via the post.   If you feel that a Parking Charge Notice has been issued in error, please contact our approved contractors who issued the charge in order to appeal the charge. Unfortunately McDonald's are unable to revoke parking tickets- the outcome of the appeal is final and cannot be overturned by McDonald’s.   Many thanks for taking the time to contact McDonald’s Customer Services.   Can someone please help me out and suggest what I should do next?  Thank you 
    • Good Evening, I've got a fairly simple question but I'll provide some context incase needed. I've pursued a company that has operations in england despite them having no official office anywhere. I've managed to find a site they operate from and the papers there have been defended so I know they operate there. They've filed a defence which is honestly the worst defence ever, and despite being required to provide their witness evidence, they have not and have completely ignored the courts and my request for copies of it. I'm therefore considering applying to strike out their defence on the grounds the defence was rubbish and that they haven't provided any evidence for the trial. However, it has a trial date set for end of june, and a civil application wouldn't get heard until a week before then, so hardly worth it. However, my local court is very good at dealing with paper applications (i.e ones that don't need hearings, and frankly I think they are literally like 1-2 days from when you submit it to when a Judge sees it. I'm wondering if I can apply to strikeout a defence without a hearing OR whether a hearing is required for a strikeout application.   Thanks
    • I have just opened another bank acc with lloyds (i have a few already) After doing some research they may have some relation to tsb or be apart of the same group will this cause me issue if my salary is paid into my lloyds account? Also, if the debts do go into default and nothing is paid then after 6 years it all goes away? As the DCAs cannot do anything? I do want to start paying in like 3/4 months or do you advise I leave it if it goes into default? again sorry for all the questions, i am just processing everything
    • one reply only  follow post 2 of letter of claim <<clickme link. dx
  • Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

LOWELL/OVERDALES Threatening Letters 10 yr Old Debts Please Help

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 614 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Dear CAG Community,

I started to receive letters from a company called Lowell about 6 to 8 months ago claiming they needed to reach me concerning 'a personal matter'?

There was nothing in the letters explaining what this matter was so i ignored them assuming it was some form of phishing expedition or something of that nature.

At the time i had a lot on my plate, my father had died and my mother was ill.. id just lost my dog, work was troublesome, money was short etc etc. It was an easy thing to ignore those letters.

want to keep this short so i will fast forward to a letter i subsequently received from Overdales Solicitors stating thay had been instructed by Lowell Portfolio Ltd to recover the following debt... £3138.59 on a Vanquis credit card i had back in 2011.

I panicked to be honest as i had totally forgotten about this and wrote to them asking for specific details.

I then received a letter of claim several days ago saying i have 30 days to avoid a County Court Claim with a 'Reply Form' attached which apparently i have to fill in and sign?

I dithered over what i should do and then i found this website and im hoping someone can give me some advice.

What should i do?

Subsequent to the above i received another letter from Lowell a few days ago concerning another debt with Creation Finance from 2009!

I should say that i have looked at my credit file (Experian) and there is nothing on there about any debts. No GAIN records either. Nothing at all.

This is really stressing me out so any help or advice.. i will be very grateful.. thank you

1st a DCA is not a BAILIFF

And have ZERO legal powers on any debt- no matter what it's type 

I will guess you've moved since taking these out? And did not update the original creditors you had in writing?

The letter of claim you must reply too 

Hit it and follow post 2.

Dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Thanks for replying..

yes i have moved a couple times since then. i was on an IVA back in the day for these debts and was paying that for some time but i havent had any contact with the company managing the IVA for almost six years.

So i should fill in the 'Reply Form'? And sign it? Im not sure how i should fill it in there are several optional boxes..

Sorry.. what does hit it and follow box 2 mean? im new here.. :)

.. I read somewhere here about debts being 'statute barred' what does that mean?

More than 6yrs since you last used or paid the credit or 6yrs from default notice issuance, whichever is the latter 

Dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

So it has been at least 6yrs??

If so you could send both our SB letter from the debt collection section of our library 

But you must be 1000% sure.

Dx

and they

the last contact i had with the IVA management company was in December 2016.

The last time i used/paid the credit directly would have been 2012/13

. If there was a default notice.. and i cant remember if there was, i guess there must have been.. it would have been around that time 2012/13. is there any way i can find out for sure?

incidentally just received a second letter from Lowell regarding the Creation Finance debt offering a 50% discount off the bat.

I have attached  a copy of the reply form from Overdales as i am unsure of how to proceed with this and reluctant to sign anything. any help/advice would be fantastic.

I have also attached a scan of my adverse events page from my credit report.. do you know why none of the above appears on my credit report?

Thank you so much for your help..

.. had to attach further files separately

merged.pdf

Pers id send both our sb letter.

Be done with them.

but you never sign anything you send to a powerless dca.!!

Dx

and they

sorted the PDF 

not sure why you posted a form up we know what they look like

when was the last payment made through the IVA to any of the debts within it? or the last time you paid the IVA company?

did the IVA just fail as you stopped payment?
i suspect so?

and they

hi..

i uploaded the form as ive never seen one before and i dont know what the best way to proceed is?

i didnt know you had seen them before.. this is my first time here and i have no experience of dealing with this particular situation..

the last payment i made was on 10/11/16 and the last contact i had with them was on 19/12/16. it was the last year of the arrangement and i had accrued some arrears which they were putting enormous pressure on me to pay off but i just didnt have the means to do it.

I had sent them all the documents they required (P60, payslips, expenditure etc) but they just seemed not to want to find a solution. I certainly didnt stop paying them. There were odd months where i couldn't pay all that they wanted so i accrued the arrears which was around £450.

The very last email i had from them asked for an arrears solution. I replied to them immediately and never heard from them again.

I suspect the arrangement was failed but i have no confirmation of that. I do remember at the time there was talk of IVA companies failing arrangements in the final year of the arrangement but i cant remember the reasons for this

thank you, then that means that any debt paid through the IVA is most probably not yet statute barred until November, which again sort of tallies with why these 2 fleecers have reared their heads, the debts are nearing SB and these debt buyers want to try and scam you still whilst they can.

who was the IVA company, we probably know them.

and were these 2 debts part of the IVA?

you possibly indicate that the (5yrs) IVA actually finished, but the IVA company claimed you actually still owed them £450 due to short payments or fees for its 5yrs term?

the Reply form in that PDF is the std form they have to send out for you to fill in with a letter of claim.

if you click letter of claim<<clickme

goto post 2 in the thread it takes you too 

and read that post what you need to do with that debt becomes clear.

however hold off for now till you fill in the blanks of my questions above....

dx

and they

the IVA company was Payplan? im pretty sure those two debts were part of the IVA.

yes they were asking that i pay off the shortfall, which was about 450. i recall they were trying to get me to pay it all in one payment.. which of course there was no way i could do. i was working only part time and looking after my mother, which i still do.

digressing slightly.. the Vanquis credit card had an original limit of 500 which they increased pretty quickly over time to 2500 without ever asking me if i wanted it. also the last balance on the Vanquis credit card was 2100 or thereabouts.. i dont know where the figure of 3300 has come from..

would have been through payplan not PP themselves, they are just a debt charity, they typically forwarded you on to one of their favourite monthly Fee taking scammers that provided it.

your banks DD should have their name.

and they

I used to pay monthly through their website. Never had a DD far as I can remember. I'm not with the same bank anymore but I might still have statements.. ill dig them out and see what was on them

ok.. only found one statement i still have from the relevant time frame. on the statement it just says payplan.com? i hope they did actually pass these payments on to the creditors?...

ok yes they did sometimes do them directly themselves during various short periods in their history.

i think i would send them an SAR lets get a full list of things

unless you still have access via their online portal?

what date is on the overdales letter of claim please?

dx

and they

No never SAR a DCA not worth it 

SAR payplan but read all the posts in the thread.

On 27/06/2022 at 10:58, dx100uk said:

the Reply form in that PDF is the std form they have to send out for you to fill in with a letter of claim.

if you click letter of claim<<clickme

goto post 2 in the thread it takes you too 

dx

No you don't SAR a DCA pointless 

Thats what the above is for  

You SAR payplan but read all its posts 

Dx

and they

Hi, thanks for that.

I've checked out the post. Download of the pap form failed but that may be because I'm on my phone so I'll try that again when I get home.

I'm still a little confused.. forgive my ignorance..

I think I get the pap section.. which box to tick etc. However, do I send csa along with the reply form to the solicitors?

Also it mentions something about sending a csa to the debt purchaser? I'm assuming that would be Lowell?

CCA request not CSA

you can send it to either

dont forget the sar to PP with a ctax bill copy.

dx

and they

click sar and read all the posts there

and they

• 1 month later...
16 minutes ago, Jashbo said:

hi.. just recieved this letter from OVERDALES (see attached) .. not sure what to make of it??

any ideas?

Name not redacted upload hidden......states a balance nil and they are returning the nil balance alleged debt to their client whoever that is for whatever the alleged nil debt is....simples.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread