HSBC Default 3 years late

Emptysack
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 668 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, I have a defaulted credit card with HSBC as I got into difficulty and arrears. It became to much every month and I let it default. Or at least I though that's what had happened... Instead of defaulting the card they have just let it run for the past 2-3 years with perpetual late payments on my credit report. 

The past 2 years my HSBC card has just received a 6 every month on credit report and not a D. It has only been in the last month that they have actually defaulted the account.

Are the allowed to do this? I know I should of paid it, and it my own fault. I admit that but I was in difficult circumstances at the time. I knew this would punish me financially for 6 years when I defaulted the account, but it looks as if HSBC are looking to punish me for 9 years instead. Is this even legal?

I am in a better financial  situation now and I've been working to get my credit report back on track but with this it looks like its going to be 2028 now.

Is there anything I can do, or what do yous advise.

Thanks in advance.

Edited by Emptysack

Have you complained to HSBC it's not really fair?

The ico guidelines changed in 2014 from 3-6mts recommendation to no longer specified , but we've seen banks retro such dates when approached.

Dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

you could write and appeal to there better nature and default the A/C on the 3rd bad marker, explaining as you have above you feel it unfair, but in all truth if its after 2014 this all started, they are under no obligation to do so.

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Not moved have you?

could it poss be that its not hsbc that have done. It?

have you any evidence is was?

there certainly were times when by default the cra's themselves could show a defaulted date xxxx i n the debt summary, what the current situation is now im not present ly aware of.

Dx

and they