Parkingeye ANPR PCN - LIDL ORMSKIRK

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 350 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Can you do that sticky too please dave..the q&a.

Dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Thanks DX...

1 Date of the infringement 8/6/22

2 Date on the NTK [this must have been received within 14 days from the 'offence' date] 15/6/22

3 Date received 19/6/22

4 Does the NTK mention schedule 4 of The Protections of Freedoms Act 2012? [Y/N?] Y

5 Is there any photographic evidence of the event? Y

6 Have you appealed? [Y/N?] post up your appeal] N

Have you had a response? [Y/N?] post it up n/a

7 Who is the parking company? Parkingeye

8. Where exactly [carpark name and town] Lidl Ormskirk

For either option, does it say which appeals body they operate under.

BPA

Plenty of threads here on omskirk

Read them then write to lidls... Usually works.

Dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Write to 

[email protected]

Point out that you bought £140 of goods and if there was any hold up at the tills. 

From there you point out that it has now been confirmed that with PoFA, the parking period is to be taken to mean the period when a motorist actually parks the car and everyone disembarked and when the motorist re-enters the car and pulls away.

It is not the period in between entering and leaving the car park which can easily  take ten minutes off the total time in Lidl during busy periods.  Combined with the grace period and the time taken while waiting to be checked out in the store you were actually within the time limit.

So ask for the PCN to be cancelled please.

Until/unless you ever get a letter of clain.

Dx

and they

The government Code of Practice says there is a 15-minute grace/consideration period.

So they essentially going after you for one minute!

So, belt & braces, as dx says -

8 hours ago, dx100uk said:

Read them then write to lidls... Usually works.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Sadly there's no point in appealing to PE and a lot of reasons not to. Best not to fall into that trap. Was it the local store or head office who replied please?

I expect the guys will be along later with suggestions for you.

HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

Dear Mr. XXXXXXX

Our Ref: 7xxxxxxx

Re: Parking Charge Notice

Thanks for getting in touch.

I was sorry to learn that you received a parking charge. I appreciate this must be frustrating for you.

In order to ensure our customers are able to park without waiting for a space we have Car Park Management in place with time restrictions on length of stay.

You can appeal the parking charge you have received. This appeal would need to be placed in writing by yourself. Doing so allows you to retain your right to formally appeal any decisions made.

Details of the appeals procedure can be found on the reverse of the Parking Charge Notice you received. When raising your appeal please include the following information:

- Parking Charge Notice Number
- Vehicle Registration Number

To further support your appeal please attach / enclose any of the applicable following documents:

- Lidl store receipt or proof of shopping with us
- Disabled badge holder evidence
- Further documentation which may support your case

The Car Park Management Company will then conduct your appeal and communicate the outcome to you directly in writing.

We hope that your appeal is brought to a speedy conclusion.

Thank you for contacting us.

Yours sincerely, 
For and on behalf of Lidl Great Britain Limited 

Anita Mcarthur
Customer Service

i don’t sorry. I have already printed off my bank statement tho, and deleted the personal bits, if you want me to upload that?

I’ve just called them direct. And their advice was for me to lodge an appeal as they think I’d have a good chance of having it cancelled.

There was a period when it was easy to get Lidl to cancel these invoices.

However it seems they had a change of policy some months back and now the opposite is the case.  Given it costs nothing to send an e-mail, I would suggest replying -

Dear Ms Mcarthur,

Your ref: 7xxxxxxx

Re: Parking Charge Notice

Thank you for your e-mail of XXXXX.

Your letter is a complete cop out.  Lidl are the organ grinder, you employ fleecers like Parking Eye to "manage" your car parks and you can easily call your dogs off if you want to.

The time limit is 1 hour and 30 minutes.  There is an obligatory 15-minute grace/consideration period under the government Code of Practice (Parking (Code of Practice) Act 2019).  That means I am being asked to pay £100 for overstaying by one minute!  And why did the vehicle overstay by one minute?  Because £140 was being spent in your store (bank statement attached).

If you really think such behaviour is "customer service" then you are in the wrong profession.

I refuse to pay this invoice.  That means Parking Eye will take me to court.  I will add Lidl as a Third Party to the court case and make sure the national and local press are invited to the hearing.

Of course all this unpleasantness could be avoided if, instead of sending me a copy & paste reply, you simply told Parking Eye to drop the matter.

Best regards,

XXXXX

I doubt you'll get anywhere, but nothing ventured ...

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Many thanks much appreciated will do.

they are total cowards saying they can’t cancel it, as Fitness First have shown how very easy it is to have a parkingeye PCN cancelled in the blink of an eye. It is a complete cop out 

Dear Mr. 

Our Ref: 

Re: Parking Charge Notice

Thank you for your recent email.

This matter has been escalated to the customer service management team.

I was sorry to hear you were unhappy with our previous responses as it is never our intention to cause further upset.

I am writing to advise that the information provided in our previous emails is correct. We are unable to intervene and appeal this charge on your behalf. Please follow the instruction on the parking charge notice you received to get this matter resolved.

Nevertheless, all your comments regarding this matter have been noted. 

Thank you again for your contact.

Yours sincerely, 
For and on behalf of Lidl Great Britain Limited 

Ms Stonyte
Customer Service

Absolute cowards.

Nevertheless this seems to be Lidl's policy now.

Ignore PE unless you get a Letter of Claim.

Thanks FTM shameless aren’t they. Treating very very good customers like criminals.

Safe to say it’s the last time I’ll be shopping at that store again. Maybe karma will catch up with it one day.

• 1 month later...

I’ve just got back from my hols and found another letter dated 19th July.

It says the requirements of Sch 4 of PoFA in respect of keeper liability have now been satisfied, and my 29 days have passed, and Parkingeye has the right to recover any unpaid part of the parking charge from you, the registered keeper.

the amount payable is £90 required within 14 days (so I think this has passed now)

if this letter is ignored further action may include referring to a CRA etc

does this all sound par for the course?

Edited by Dave962

as long as it is not entitled LETTER OF CLAIM

safe to ignore it.

dx

and they