• Tweets

• The crisis-hit country's next shipment of petrol is not due to arrive until later this month.View the full article
    • Oh and forgot to mention that 3 of the directives which were issues by the tribuunal service were blatantly ignored by her and not addressed:   1) Stated that she had to provide evidence of benefits/rent received in relation to the property 2) Stated that she had to provide evidence of expenditure in relation to the property such as utility bills 3) Stated that she had to justify whether the RRO amount should be reduced   None of these directions were addressed.   The PDF bundle she sent the tribunal servuce was 163 pages and is literally indexed by the "email subjects". She literally printed off ALL comms between her and I over 2 years and basically stated "here is the evidence" without any references to particular parts of the evidence. Literally a "do it yourself" when it comes to understanding her evidence.   Finally the english in her response is apauling and in multiple occasions she refers to people by the wrong names, he called me "she" (whereas I'm a he) on a number of occasions, spelling errors galore and the grammar is horrendous. Dates are incorrect, etc... None the less, everything she stated in her response has nothing to do with any of the items in my statement of case? does that mean I can literally just state that the repsondent hasn't denied any ofmy allegations nor has she addressed them.
    • It wont let me edit the OP but here's the statement of case. all statements are backed up with evidence in teh bundle as either email messages, text messages, police reports, etc....   In short, as I wouldn't allow her in the property because she refused to adhere to covid safety measures, she went off on a harassment mission and started to contact my guarantor. She told my guarantor that she was going to sell the property. She got multiple agents to contact me (even dubious ones with iffy email addresses @live.com for example), the police warned her off but she ignored this and carried on. She even lied about the police and stated that they told her that I didnt have a case, which the police report from the Public Disclosure documents confirms. Literally shes backed into a corner and throwing totally ficticions allegations around with no evidence. Not only that, but her respones to my statement of case literally addressed none of my allegations in the statement of case. SO can I regard her answers as "out of scope" as they have nothing to do with the case I've brought before the tribunal. I dont care if the courts catch her out lying, infact I'd be pleased if she gets in trouble as he's been skating a thin line which literally buoycots actuallly getting into trouble.  
    • Hi   IMO if the Lease has still not been transferred to this new individual you really need to speak to your solicitor dealing with this to put a stop on that transfer of Lease until the money is fully paid and for the solicitor to notify this individual of this.        
    • Hi   Difficult one to advise on with little information to go on.   Could you give us a brief summary of events and the specific Breaches that led to you going for RRO?   IMO you need to list what you have stated in you case for the breaches and also that the landlord has failed to provide evidence to the contrary then with landlords response you state each of these and why they are negated in your case i.e. the allegation of advances to her no evidence provide to back up claim which you refute etc. ( I do hope the landlord realises making statements like that opens them up as the First Tier Tribunal are part of the Courts Service)   Couple of links:   Rent repayment orders under the Housing and Planning Act 2016 - GOV.UK WWW.GOV.UK Statutory guidance for local housing authorities on the extension of rent repayment orders.   Shelter Legal England - Rent repayment orders - Shelter England ENGLAND.SHELTER.ORG.UK Orders requiring landlords or agents who has committed relevant offences to repay rent or housing benefit/universal credit.    
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• Recommended Topics

Bannatyne won't cancel my contract

Hi I am still within my 12 month fixed contract with bannatyne however I have just recently bought a house so can no longer comfortably afford the gym.

However bannatyne won't cancel my membership as they keep asking for proof of job loss or redundancy which I obviously can't provide.

Is there any way to solve this or if I cancel my Direct Debit will I still be Liable to pay the remaining term?

Thanks in Advance

Have you moved further away from their gym?

How much are we talking each month? Can you reduce the membership package at all?

How much longer is left to run on the membership?

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

I have only moved slightly further away within the same city. 

There is no way to reduce the package as far as I can see and there is 7 months left on the contract.

They cant do anything.

Youve told them you are going to cancel.

Allow one further payment to be taken, as 30 days notice is the contract norm (not the 3mts they claim).

Gyms dont do court.

Gym accounts dont show on credit file.

Any DCA they might get to latterly chase you are not BAILIFFS, and have ZERO legal powers on any debt no matter what its type.

Dx

• Like 2

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hi DM and a belated welcome to CAG

Technically, you signed up for 12 months and could be held accountable for those payments. Plus Bannatynes may also say you have to give 3 months notice to quit making 15 months they want.

In reality, we've seen many threats of action to enforce the contract but they don't follow through at all.

If you feel unable to continue with the m/ship due to your change in finances, you don't have to produce anything to B's and they have no right to demand this.

Have you decided what to do yet and have you written to B's ?

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)