Local Parking Security ltd windscreen PCN - walked off site - Regent Retail Park, Loughborough

Hi,

I'm really hoping that someone would be able to advise me the best way possible to approach this.

I used a carpark that was on a retail park, it said on the sign that it was 2 hours free they had a look around a shop then had a KFC which was less than 2 hours. This happened on the 4/6/22.

U don't have long left to appeal as it says I only have 28 days.

I dont know whether to ignore it, appeal or pay the £100 which I really don't want to do as I dont feel I have done anything wrong.

If someone could lead me in the right direction that would be amazing.

Thank you.

• dx100uk changed the title to Local Parking Security ltd.ANPR PCN - overstay -

You do not appeal.

Please complete this.

DX

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

For a windscreen ticket (Notice To Driver) please answer the following questions....

1 The date of infringement? 4/6/22

2 Have you yet appealed to the parking company yet? [Y/N?] No

If you have then please post up whatever you sent and how you sent it and the date you sent it,

suitably redacted. [as a PDF- follow the upload guide]

Has there been a response? N/A

Please AS A PDFFILE  ONLY ..post it up as well, suitably redacted. - follow the upload guide]

If you haven't appealed yet - .........DONT ! seek advice on your topic first.

Have you received a Notice To Keeper? (NTK) [must be received by you between 29-56 days] No

What date is on it? N/A

Did the NTK provide photographic evidence? No

[scan up BOTHSIDES to ONE PDF of the PCN and your NTK - follow the upload guide]

3 Did the NTK mention Schedule 4 of the Protection of Freedoms Act 2012 (PoFA) [Y/N?] N/A

4 If you appealed after receiving the NTK,

did the parking company give you any information regarding the further appeals process?

[it is well known that parking companies will reject any appeal whatever the circumstances] N/A

5 Who is the parking company? Local Parking Security Ltd

6. Where exactly [Carpark name and town] did you park? Regent Retail Park, Loughborough

I Hope this is correct this time,

Thank you

Parking ticket front edited..pdf

• dx100uk changed the title to Local Parking Security ltd windscreen PCN - overstay - Regent Retail Park, Loughborough

await the notice to keeper that should arrive between days 29-56 

nothing you need to do till then.

100's of threads here to read but only one relating too this site.

LPS/Gladstones Windscreen claimform - walked off site - Regent retail park, Loughborough, LE11 5PF - Private Land Parking Enforcement - Consumer Action Group

however they will need to produce photographic evidence you did exceed the 2hrs free parking and ofcourse prove that they have a VALID contract with the land owner and that any original planning permission granted by the council regarding parking has not been varied.

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Yes your new post is perfect thank you.

You say that you left within the 2 hour period and that parking was free for two hours yet you still got a ticket.

I note on their PCN that they state the parking location is  the Regent Retail Park though in brackets they say Off Site. I guess that means that KFC is not part of the retail park, and you walked there rather than driving?

From the Local Parking point of view therefore you left the shopping precinct but you left your car there. You were nor shopping in their premises  so you attracted a parking charge. Is that what happened or have I got it wrong?

in other words you were then trespassing and I think that had you paid £1.80 you would probably have been ok. But we are where we are.

First you were right not to appeal. In doing so you would could have revealed that you were the driver if you had been the driver by saying I parked my car in the car park  instead of saying the driver parked the car in the car park. The reason that you don't want to reveal to them who was driving, is that after 28 days if the driver hasn't paid, the keeper becomes responsible for the debt providing the parking company have complied with  the Protection of Freedoms Act 2012.  Already that have missed off the windscreen notice that Local Parking is the Creditor and it may be that they have the parking period incorrect also. Both of those faults means they cannot transfer the liability to the keeper.

Local Parking look a bit of an amateur company so I wouldn't be surprised if they make other mistakes on the Notice to keeper which should be sent to you at least 28 days after the alleged breach. so now they are kind of stuck. The cannot sue the keeper and they do not know who was driving. They can assume that it was the keeper but the Courts do not allow that-there needs to be something more concrete than just an assumption. That is why we say not to appeal. So many drivers give away that they are the driver when they appeal.

Just sit tight and do nothing. The next PCN will be along probably next month some time and if you can post that up we can see what other mistakes they have made there. Relax there is not much that they can do as anyone with a valid insurance policy can drive your car.

Hi,

KFC is on the retail park so one would assume it falls under the same parking rules. 
I have a picture of the parking sign which shows KFC directly behind and may be able to give you more information. 
Thank you very much for all your advise it’s been very helpful. 

Sunny Sky

I would suggest its the same reason as tha t earlier thread, you walked off site.

Dx

and they

• 3 weeks later...

The Reminder notice is their version, and a poor one at that, of the Notice to Keeper. First they miss off that they are the Creditor. Then they do not put the period of parking as required by the protection of Freedoms Act 2012. Then they include a demand for an extra £75 which is not  mentioned in hte Act and is an unlawful claim anyway.  So a major fail that absolves you the keeper from being liable for the alleged debt.and 

The driver is unlikely to be  liable unless that they can prove that KFC is not part of the car park  and  the  consideration period and the grace period should not be taken into account  as well as the fact that if you were in a queue for KFC then you weren't parked at any time -you were waiting to be served.. 

On both the NTD and NTK they have written "Parking without displaying a valid ticket".  But isn't this a free car park where it's impossible to purchase a ticket?

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Thanks for the insight!

Yes this is a free car park providing you don’t stay longer than 2 hours. 
But there are means to pay for parking from the machines.

This is great news that the keeper can’t be held liable for the invoice and is very doubtful that they would be able to prove who was driving anyway. 

From this point onwards what would be the best course of action (if any) to take going forward? 

Many Thanks

Sunny Sky. 

The first thing to realise is that their case is total pants.  They say you were there at 18:29.  And presumably at 18:43 which is when they put the ticket on your windscreen.  Well so what?  There are two hours' free parking!  You had every right to be there.  Where is their proof you overstayed this limit?  It doesn't exist.

The second thing is that all their threats mean absolutely nothing, anyone can write rubbish to anyone else about how they'll be hung, drawn & quartered unless ...  However, a Letter Before Claim/Letter before Action is a formal threat to start court action and if they ever do that then please come back and we will help you to draft a suitable reply.

For the moment relax.

Well don't relax exactly, read similar threads so you can genned up with the legal process.

Thanks for explaining the ticket machine option.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

You got the ticket because you  had not visited any of the shops so you have to ay to park. But as I said you weren't parking you were in a queue for KFC therefore not parking therefore you owe diddly squat. Or perhaps less. 

If they are stupid enough to go to Court they all  [the parking crooks] tend to assume that the keeper is also the driver. Oh dear, the Courts do not accept that theory since on many occasions driver can be members of the keeper's family and also  anyone who has a motor policy is legally allowed to drive your car.  So they will have an uphill struggle to prove who was driving.

Hi Yes I didn’t quite understand what you meant by in a queue, as if wasn’t a drive through purchase as it was mentioned that two shops were visited and one of them being KFC which was a dine in affair. So the vehicle was parked. 
I hope this makes sense. Unless I’m still not understanding? 🤔

read this is will all make sense....your ticket says 'off-site' too

you walked out of the carpark you parked in to go eat a meal.

the fact you walked out of the car park 'only' for those shops it covered by, is the reason you got the ticket.

no such thing as reverse trespass!!

and they

• dx100uk changed the title to Local Parking Security ltd windscreen PCN - walked off site - Regent Retail Park, Loughborough

here are the sins from the above thread i pointed too.

if you dont visit the shops there, they will slap a PCN on your windscreen.

you walked off site

pictures of signs..pdf

and they