Bailiff letter to my address to a person unknown to me

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 678 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have received an enforcement letter for a civil debt in the County Court.

The problem is we don't know the person it's addressed to. The named person has never lived at my address.

I have no idea how the plaintiff got my address, but they have made a mistake.

I can prove via council tax and electoral records that only me and my wife have ever lived here.

We are elderly and are very worried.

I don't know if it's a scam, but I've looked up the enforcement company and they appear to be genuine.

How can I stop them chasing me for a county court judgeent which has nothing to do with me?

well rest assured there is noting they can do, they most certainly cannot force entry or anything like that.

i will guess this is a court? bailiff for a CCJ judgement and a notice of enforcement letter? how much is the debt too?

who's the bailiff company please?

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Post back the enforcement notice with a covering letter advising that they have written to the wrong address, as no one of the name mentioned in their notice has ever resided at the address.  If it is possible include a photocopy of Council Tax and suggest they check available records to see how they have managed to write to the wrong address.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

You can't search cra files by address 

Dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

You might include in the letter that if they check the Register of elector's along with the enclosed Council tax Bill, they will see that the named debtor does not live at your address.  Might have made an error in street name or number though.  What bailiff firm is this.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!