jaxads v Halifax!!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5896 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

But if you have no intention of accepting a better offer why go to the expense of a telephone call?

This is true - if you feel you should get every penny, plus interest and refund of court costs, then you shouldn't waste time calling for an updated offer.

If anyone does call to try that then they should be prepared for a little less than their full claim, and of course that means no 8% interest if settled before court stage.

Be good to those who give you advice that helps - click the star to give them your thanks by way of a reputation credit.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

YIPPEEEEE Well guys -- success!!! As my deadline had passed for the Halifax to respond to my LBA - and I'd not heard anything at all - I gave them a ring on the number on the letterhead of their original offer letter!! I spoke to a really pleasant guy who said nicely that did I not appreciate that it did cost the Halifax money to operate accounts where items were returned. I said "of course I do appreciate that fact, but the money you have earned in interest alone from my charges will more than cover any expenses you have incurred in running my account". He said he would send out a revised offer, 1st class in the post today, for the full amount requested of £2281! YEEESSSSSSSSSSSS !!!!!! Will donate once funds are through.

Happy happy happy happy!! (It's a shame I don't have any more accounts where I've been charged!!!) Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeee xxx

____________________-

Just to say, requested statements end of November, full offer made today - 4 Jan!!! Really quick don't you think!!!

jaxads

Halifax - £2281, successfully refunded all charges after LBA letter & telephone call.

Have been offered the difference between the £20 and £12 charges from Capital One -- am sending LBA for remainder.

GE Money - Received settlement of £441, being total charges requested. No interest though.

CCA'd Bank of Scotland / Blair Oliver Scott to produce CCA Agreements on two Credit Cards - well in default, although still chasing payment!!!

EOS Solutions "ceased action on account" on behalf of a friend.

All in all, quite busy at the moment and enjoying every minute of it
:eek:

Thanks Clara - it's a shame you and I couldn't go to the sales together - the shops wouldn't know what had hit them - lol!!!!!

jaxads

Halifax - £2281, successfully refunded all charges after LBA letter & telephone call.

Have been offered the difference between the £20 and £12 charges from Capital One -- am sending LBA for remainder.

GE Money - Received settlement of £441, being total charges requested. No interest though.

CCA'd Bank of Scotland / Blair Oliver Scott to produce CCA Agreements on two Credit Cards - well in default, although still chasing payment!!!

Thanks sally -- just waiting for postie now with the "full amount offer" - I hope they've not changed their minds!!! x

jaxads

Maybe the penny has dropped and they know the claim will rise with interest and court costs etc..well done you and well done Halifax.:)

Donate to keep this site open

Any help or advice is offered as just that, help and advice without any liability. If in doubt consult a legal expert or CAB.

Make Cash Flow Forecast

They are prob so overloaded now, they are giving up fighting, hope you recieve your money soon. Well Done. Its nice to see peole around my time line winning already.

HOW TO...DUMMIES GUIDE TO CAG...Read here

STEP BY STEP GUIDE...Read here

F&Q's... Read here

EVERYTHING YOU NEED THE A~Z GUIDE...Read here

Go to our Cag Toolbar Download page here

Please don't forget this site is run on DONATIONS If this site has helped in any way, then please give a little back. ;-)

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability. All I know has come from this site. If you are unsure, please seek professional advice. .

Thanks guys!!

Still waiting for postie!!

jaxads

YESSSS!!! Postie has just delivered letter with the full amount in full and final settlement!!! Will get that sent back, 1st class recorded, today! On the top of the acceptance form, it has a SOLVE.IT REF:

Not sure how long it will take for funds to be put into the account, but I'm another step closer.

Good luck to all!!!

jaxads

Well done Jaxads and thanks fr recommending your thread to so many of us newbies. Its a relief to hear that not all cases get to court stage as that is the bit that is worrying me the most.

Karen :oops:

05/01/07 S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) posted

07/03/07 Offer made of £457. Rejected. Offer remade of £651, accepted.

26/03/07 PAID IN FULL

Your Site Needs You!

and we need this site!

Please don't forget to make a donation!

I faxed back my signed acceptance yesterday, and also posted the original by 1st class recorded delivery. I've just telephoned them -- they have the signed acceptances on my file now at the lady I spoke to said she'd move it to the correct "pile". She said it would take 7-10 days, although will probably be through much quicker than that. She said for me to keep an eye on my account. Will keep you all updated. Gook luck all. jaxads x

jaxads

BRILL --- MONEY NOW IN ACCOUNT --- please can a mod move this to **WON** -- I've done the survey and will proceed to donate. Think I may chase up Capital One next, although don't think I'll have much in the way of charges, but every little helps!!!

jaxads

• 1 month later...

Ouch!!!!

I was trying to be such a good girl!!!!! :(

But due to a mix up in payments I've had another charge of £78 (2 x£39) in one day from my beloved Halifax :o

Have any of you guys claimed against the Halifax a second time without them closing your account??

I'd like to ring and ask for the refund, but don't want to risk closing the account. Our credit rating isn't the best :rolleyes: and I'd like to stick with this account as we have a cheque book and debit card and don't know that we'd get that with another bank now!!!!

Any comments anyone.

I was trying to be such a good girl too!!!!

jaxads xx

jaxads

Bumpety Bump ----- anyone any suggestions??

jaxads

I have come across the odd thread where the customer rang Halifax and basically said as they have just settled do Halifax really want to go through this rigmarole again or can they be sensible/nice. Must be worth a 'phone call. Besides they have made a profit of £5.25 BILLION. Sally

Hi Sally -- thanks for that -- perhaps i should slip the £5.25 Billion into the conversation too - lol!!!

I may put it in writing and fax it to the guy to see instead of ringing him. I gather he's pretty busy at present!!

I was really trying to be careful too and not have any more charges. I wrote a large cheque out one day, which cleared much quicker than I thought, hence the two smaller ones got returned the very day I transferred the funds over --- I never seem to get it right!!!!

Best wishes

jaxads

It is soooo easily done. We have all done it, Thats why we here..;)

Like sally says, a call cant hurt.

HOW TO...DUMMIES GUIDE TO CAG...Read here

STEP BY STEP GUIDE...Read here

F&Q's... Read here

EVERYTHING YOU NEED THE A~Z GUIDE...Read here

Go to our Cag Toolbar Download page here

Please don't forget this site is run on DONATIONS If this site has helped in any way, then please give a little back. ;-)

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability. All I know has come from this site. If you are unsure, please seek professional advice. .

Thanks seaside lady --- I feel better already :) and I've not even contacted them yet!!!!

Best wishes

• Haha 1

jaxads

Hi guys -- I've drafted this letter to fax off to the guy who settled my last claim, what do you think???

Bank Charges

Account Number:

I successfully claimed back my unlawful bank charges from yourselves earlier in the year. However, since that time, I have incurred the following charges on the above numbered account:

27 February £78

I do appreciate that it costs money to run my account, but we both know that it does not cost £39 per returned item. I also appreciated that you are very busy at present with the amount of people now reclaiming charges.

I am willing to settle for an immediate credit to my account of £146. This represents a charge of £5 per item, which I am more than happy with. I request that this be credited to my account withih the next 3 days, ie by close of business on Thursday 8 March.

Please be adviced that I do not wish for the account to be closed. This is seen as retaliatory and not looked upon favourably by the ((I need to look up who this is again)). I understand that A&L have recently been fined for closing accounts where claims have been made against them.

I did not sign any agreement not to claim future charges from yourself, as basically, if you charge unlawful penalty charges, we, as customers, are entitled to request a refund.

I look foward to hearing from you.

What do you all think ????

Best wishes and good luck all.

jaxads

jaxads

Anyone .........

jaxads

Looks ok to me...I would try and get away from using words like "yourselves" and "yourself" as it doesn't sound very professional.

"I also appreciate" rather than " I also appreciated"...wrong tense.

Finally, do you think 3 days is long enough? I know that they were quick enough to remove it from your account and that we're all used to setting our own timescales these days, but it seems a little short to me?

Sorry for the bluntness, its the teacher in me!!

Thank you Sir ;)

Will amend the Yourselves to "the Halifax" and give it a try.

Am hoping the 3 days to be ok. I'll fax it this afternoon as I have the details from my last claim so it should go straight to someone who can actually do something about it, as opposed to just getting the "will look into it within 4 weeks letter"!! If it fails, I will revert back to the original formula used for 1st claims.

Best wishes and thank you again!!!

jaxads x

jaxads

No worries! Just wish all my pupils were as open to my suggestions...day was going so well until Period Five...!! Oh well, another day over! Its LBA day tomorrow, so that's something to look forward to!

Good luck with your new claim!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi All --- have just rang Kelly Duffy on the number published by Aarons Dad. I was transferred to another Department and advised that I would not be refunded any further charges as it said in their settlement letter to me that future charges would stand!!!

New prelim in the post tomorrow I think!!!

I did state that I didn't want the account closing and she said it wouldn't be closed as the Head of Retail Banking had announced accounts were not to be closed following claims. I Wonder why:rolleyes:

jaxads x

jaxads