Aviva fraudulently processed my data without authorisation o

Titchytitch
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 676 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I just feel like im going round in circles no one is willing to listen

Nope he won't put it in writing even though he knows full well what he's done but I'm a bit perplexed as to why Aviva have stopped sending me default notices last one received was Dec 4th 2021

Aviva may have noted the debts as not recoverable at the moment

Next likely action, is they pass the debts to a Debt Collection Agency (DCA) and you will again be faced with having to advise them about what has happened.

If the debts are on your credit record, you can contact the credit references to place notes against the debts, stating the debts are disputed and subject to fraud reporting (note any reference numbers you may have from Action Fraud or Police).  This is a useful action as any DCA should see these notes.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

No. Never assume, unless they write to you stating they have written off.  

You may have to keep checking for several years.  

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you don't have a document scanner at home  they are not expensive. I bought an all in one printer/scanner for about £40. 

Once you have the documents saved on your computer or tablet as a PDF document, you can email these to ICO. 

But see if you can contact them to explain what you are wanting from them (not the fraud side, but Data Protection Act adherence by Aviva) and what documents you can share with them. Ask if you can email these.

Possible letter in response to ICO

Thank you for your letter dated xx/xx/xxxx.

I am not expecting the ICO to consider any aspects that relate to fraud, as anything involving

criminality needs to be investigated by the Police.

What I am requiring of the ICO is to review whether Aviva have fully met the requirements of the Data Protection Act and GDPR.

The key question is, have Aviva acted lawfully in processing data ?

I refer to the ICO publication online concerning lawful processing of data.

A guide to lawful basis | ICO

Please have a go at writing some questions regarding a)consent, b)contract, c)legal obligation. Don't worry about d to f.

For consent, Aviva did not have your consent as you were not involved in taking out any Insurance policies.  If this is correct, you could ask. How did Aviva gain the consent of the Policyholder ('Data subject') in arranging Insurance policies, when the 'Data Subject' had zero involvement in arranging any Insurance policies with Aviva, so had no opportunity to offer any consent  ?

thank you soo much!

contract- the terms ot agreement werent sent to myself but were emailed electronically to an email address that wasnt even mine. Question to Aviva is, did they carry out sufficient checks to ensure that the actions they were taking were lawful under DPA/GDPR ?

Legal obligation

- electronic acceptance was taken but it wasn't my own acceptance as the email the documents were sent to wasn't mine and I was entered into a credit agreement without my knowledge ,  payments for the policy were made from another bank account not my own.

At no point was I spoken with throughout the policy so basic DPA wasn't even exercised.

Did Aviva employees handling the policy arrangements fully comply with Avivas own guidance which would have been drawn up to meet requirements under DPA/GDPR

What did the guidance Aviva employees follow actually state at the time in xx/xx/xxxx when a third party was arranging Insurance in someone's else's name ? 

Did Avivas guidance suggest referral to Avivas Data Protection Officer when there were any concerns about processing policies and data ?

is this ok to add to the above letter so I can reply please x

Have added questions to the above.

And remember to add that a subject access request disclosure from Aviva revealed that a customer adviser from Aviva raised concerns about setting up an Insurance policy to a Team Leader, as the person calling was not going to be the policyholder ('data subject'). The Team Leader decided to allow the policy and data to be processed.  Question from this is. Did the Aviva Team Leader fully consider whether the processing of data was going to be lawful, when they could not verify consent had been given by the 'data subject' ?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

response from ICO 

Thank you for your email of 13 June 2022. We still require the evidence as outlined in my previous email to show that you have raised the issue with Aviva yourself, and fully exhausted their complaints process. Ideally we also need a copy of their response to you. 

As an independent regulator, we cannot raise complaints with organisations without individuals raising them first. Please see our guidance here: Raising a complaint with an organisation | ICO

Once I have this, I will look at your case again.

Thought that you had already raised this complaint with Aviva ?

If not, you will need to raise a complaint with Aviva under the DPA/GDPR.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 676 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks