Aviva fraudulently processed my data without authorisation o

Titchytitch
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 676 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Please post up each one of the three extracts in their separate quote boxes so that we can see that you have got exactly what is needed.

I haven't read all of the draft letter yet, but can I ask if there's any particular reason why the fraudster is not identified as the OP's brother?

Wouldn't it look a little odd if that information came out later and the OP had never mentioned it?  Doesn't it also help to explain how this came about?  (eg the fraudster would hardly be likely to pick a victim at random).

Or does it potentially raise more awkward questions?

(Also - in the ombudsman's decision wasn't it quite clear that they had reached the conclusion - based on some evidence I presume - that Aviva had written directly to the OP so she must have known about it?  Is that covered in the letter together with an explanation as to why it's wrong?  Apologies if the letter does cover it but I've only just come back to this thread and I've no time st the moment to read it all.  It seems to have got more complicated now... )

Edited by Manxman in exile

It mentions all of that

• Thanks 1

Have we seen the above letter before?

Letter which I have drafted if you are happy with that together with three extracts which we are still waiting for

Quote me happy are another Insurance offering from Aviva, so they have acknowledged the fraud, so this is very important.  Surprised the FOS did not consider this admission.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Thank you. What about the other extracts?

These are the credit agreement statements 

Adobe Scan 20 Feb 2022 (3).pdf

Credit agreement it seems that an electronic tick box is agreeing to the agreement but again this would have been sent to Mr Z on avivas portal and on his email address ending in icloud.com

Adobe Scan 20 Feb 2022 (4).pdf

I cant attach the screenshot of avivas data protection ill email that over to yourself 

Just copy and paste the relevant passage from the privacy policy into a post. Please don't send it to me. The important thing is that other people can see it

I wasn't aware that anything to do with the credit agreement was one of the extracts that we were referring to

1.1 Motor and home insurance

When you take out a motor or home policy, we’ll collect and use your personal information to arrange, underwrite and manage your policy, as well as prevent fraud and handle claims.

The personal information we use for these types of policies includes any relevant offences and convictions for each person to be insured under the policy as well as any relevant health information, for example if a claim is made involving a personal injury.

If you take out a motor policy we’ll also collect and use information about you and your vehicle. We’ll get this information from you, public registers, our trusted third parties such as the MIB and from information already held by us, eg from previous policies or quotes. If you’re seeking a policy with telematics capability, we’ll also use telematics data.

Can you post the link for this please

Thank you but that's not the extract you want.

When you need is here

2. Personal Information We Collect and How it is Used

We obtain Personal Information directly from you, including from application and claims forms that you complete, communications between us, your participation in promotions and market research, your use of our apps and websites, as well as details from the devices you use to interact with our apps websites or a telematics device, if relevant. Where you are a joint policyholder, named driver or otherwise a beneficiary under a policy, we will also obtain Personal Information from the policyholder. 

WWW.AVIVA.CO.UK

Motor insurance Privacy Policy

No, I don't think you need the me. Happy references at the moment. I think the complaint stands on its own .

If you have got the extracts ready to submit with it .

Confirm at the bottom of the complaint that 3 extracts are attached and then you should be able to make your complaint using the ICO website although I suggest that you follow it up with phone calls to make sure that they have received it and try to get a reference number as quickly as possible

• Thanks 1

Because this thread has already become far too long dealing with a fairly simple matter, I'm going to close it now that you are making your ICO complaint.
Let me know when you have a response and I will open the thread again and you can update.

However I don't see any point in more contributions to this discussion until we have some definite news

• Thanks 1

• BankFodder locked this topic
  • 3 months later...

received response from ICO as follows I've not had any correspondence from aviva since December not sure what is happening but this is ICOs response and I don't know how to respond

Thank you for your correspondence of 21 February 2022 regarding a complaint about Aviva and please accept my apologies for the delay in responding to you. Our office is currently dealing with large volumes of work. This has meant we have been unable to deal with incoming correspondence as promptly as we would like

I have now looked through the documentation on the case. It appears your complaint may relate to a matter of fraud. The ICO does not handle matters of fraud and we advise people to seek advice from Action Fraud in such cases, or to seek their own legal advice.

If it is not regarding fraud, then before we can consider your complaint further we need additional information from you. Please reply to this email, quoting the above reference number with all of the following

Copies of any letters or emails you sent to the organisation complaining about this matter.

Copies of any letters or emails they sent back, showing their complaints process has ended.

If you have not yet complained to the organisation we would strongly recommend that you do so to give them the chance to put things right before raising this matter with us. We have information on raising a concern with an organisation that may help you with this.                                                               

Without this information we may be unable to consider this matter further.

So they are choosing not to look into any Data Protection issue, because of the fraud.

All of these organisations are getting you to run around in circles !

I am a bit confused by how anyone in this situation can manage to get to a position of clearing their records.

Is your relative willing to admit in writing to everything they did in your name without your consent 

?

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 676 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks