• Tweets

• deed?  you mean consent order you and her signed? concluding the case as long as you nor she break it's conditions signed upto? dx  
    • Well tbh that’s good news and something she can find out for herself.  She has no intention of peace.  I’m going to ask the thread stays open a little longer.   It seems she had not learned that I am just not the one!!!!  plus I have received new medical info from my vet today.   To remain within agreement, I need to generally ask for advice re:  If new medical information for the pup became apparent now - post agreement signing, that added proof a second genetic disease (tested for in those initial tests in the first case but relayed incorrectly to me then ), does it give me grounds for asking a court to unseal the deed so I can pursue this new info….. if she persists in being a pain ? If generally speaking, a first case was a cardiac issue that can be argued as both genetic and congenital until a genetic test is done and then a second absolute genetic only disease was then discovered, is that deemed a new case or grounds for unsealing? Make sense ?   This disease is only ever genetic!!!!   Rather more damning and indisputable proof of genetic disease breeding with no screening yk prevent.   The vet report showing this was uploaded in the original N1 pack.   Somehow rekeyed as normal when I was called with the results.   A vet visit today shows they were not normal and every symptom he has had reported in all reports uploaded from day one are related to the disease. 
    • Hi Roberto, Read some of the other threads here about S Sixes - they all follow the same routine of threats, threats, then nothing. When you do this, you'll see how many have been in exactly the same situation as you are. Keep us updated as necessary .............
    • Nationwide's takeover of Virgin Money is hitting the headlines as thousands of customers protest that they will not get a vote on whether it should happen.View the full article
    • unrelated to the agreement then, could have come from Lowells filing cabinet (who lowells - they dont do that - oh yes they do!! just look at a few lowell paypal EU court claim threads) no name and address for time of take out either which they MUST contain. just like the rest of the agreement then..utter bogroll that proves nothing toward you ... slippery lowells as usual it's only a case management discussion on 26 April 2024 at 10:00am by WebEx. thats good simply refer to the responses you made on your 4a form response only. pleanty of SPC thread here to read before the 26th i suggest you read at least one a day. dx  
  • Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

I won! Oh and there's an article in the paper about it!

Nenastar
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6340 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Nena,

Don't celebrate too soon! They always leave it till the last availibile minute to file a defence.

Please remember to DONATE! Help CAG keep up the fight!

Any advice or opinion is offered informally & without liability. Use your own judgment and if in doubt seek advice of a qualified and insured professional.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, its gone close of business and no defense has been made. Will check back in the morning, but looking good.

Whats the point of acknowledging the claim if you're not going to defend it?

Surely if they had no intention of defending they may as well have paid up earlier.... Don't mind, interest interest....

We'll see.... I guess it could be that money claim just haven't updated their records yet.

The latter is by far the most likely - it can take a day or two to appear. Even if they file it late though the court will still allow it. Or even if somehow your claim has slipped the net and they don't get one in at all, they will still apply to get the judgement by default set-aside as soon as the court notifies them. Which will succeed, unfortunately, and they will then enter a defence.

Any advice or opinion is offered informally & without liability. Use your own judgment and if in doubt seek advice of a qualified and insured professional.

I don't understand. Surely if they acknowledge the claim and they don't get the defense in on time, they lose?

How long far will they take this before giving in?

Cheers for the replies Gary!

Nena

I don't understand. Surely if they acknowledge the claim and they don't get the defense in on time, they lose?

Thats the way it should be probably but no, does'nt work like that I'm afraid. They could use any old excuse for not filing a defence on time - lost in post, etc, etc. If they did'nt get a defence in and you applied for judgement, they could then apply to get the judgement set aside, on the grounds of an excuse like the above.

How long far will they take this before giving in?

Not too far off now, but don't be surprised if its still a month or two. After they eventually get the defence in you will get an allocation questionnaire from the court, which you will have to return within a couple of weeks. You will then get a court date for around December/January (depends how busy your court is), and a settlement will most likely come around a month before the court date. Nothings set in stone of course, I'm just giving you a realistic idea based on how the claims are developing lately. Whatever you do, don't let them grind you down - thats exactly what they're hoping for. You will get there in the end, it just takes a bit of patience, plus just think of all that interest mounting up daily!:)

Darn.... Confused again.

Just tried to file a judgement (there still seems to be no defense made) and it says I can't do it.

Claim was served 29th September. Surely 27th October is there last day? Says nothing about it being 28 working days....

Is it that they just do not update the records over the weekend?... Even so, the service should be automated.... Apparently, they can still put in a defense if I haven't filed a judgement, so even if they do eventually try to get a judgement set aside, I'd still like to get it done.

Ahhhh, I'm confusing myself now... I'ma go enjoy my weekend and deal with it on Monday!

Nena

The 28 days starts from the date the claim is deemed served, which is usually 2 or 3 days after the date of service.

Hi Gary (and others)

Well, as expected, Lloyds entered a defence. I'm a little confused about what they've written in it and was wondering if anyone could help me out? I could scan it in and email it to someone maybe.

I know it's really cheeky asking this, but I feel I'm in the deep end here and I really don't want to lose to them at this stage. I've got until the 18th November to get my allocation questionnaire in and I'd really like to know what I'm getting myself in for before sending it off.

Lloyds (or rather their solicitors) have mentioned something about the particulars of the claim not complying with the civil procedure rules and my claim does not fully identify the account in question (I provided my account number and i sent a breakdown of charges to money claim).

It also says that the defendent should be ordered to file and serve an amended claim to set out the basis in law and fact for her claim as there is no real pleaded basis for the claim itself.

It goes on and I have no idea what they're on about!

HELP!!!! lol

Thanks in advance,

Nena

Is it this defence Nena? http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/lloyds-bank/43282-crimson-giant-lloyds-tsb.html#post344020

Don't panic, this is'nt anything out of the ordinary. Its designed to try to 'scare' you off remember!

You say you sent a schedule to moneyclaim, yes? And what were your 'particulars of claim', did you use the template?

If you used the moneyclaim template from the library as your particulars and included your account number in it, and you sent a shedule to the court as you said, then take no notice of the defence, they're just trying it on. Add this and a copy of your schedule to the other information section of your AQ and carry on as normal. You may need to attach a seperate sheet if it won't fit in the box. If so, type it up as follows:

ALLOCATION QUESTIONNAIRE N149 / N150

Section G / J Other information

The claimant notes the defence of the defendant in which it contends that this claim is not suitably particularised and the statement of claim is “embarrassing” and shows no reasonable grounds for the claim to be brought. The Claimant disagrees with this contention entirely. The claims particulars clearly state the common law and statutory provisions on which this claim relies, and the claimant will of course elaborate upon the claim particulars at such time as is required upon the direction of the court. Further, contrary to the contention of the defendant, the relevant numbers of the account in question were clearly identified in the claimant’s particulars of claim, and a full schedule of the charges which form the sum claimed from the defendant was sent to Northampton bulk court on the day of issue for inclusion alongside the claims particulars. Additionally, the defendant was served with this information on two occasions previously within a 28 day period allowed by the claimant to attempt to resolve the issue prior to the commencement of this litigation. For the sake of expediency, I have attached another copy of the schedule to this allocation questionnaire.

As is known to the defendant, I am a litigant in person in this case. It is respectfully submitted that the contentions of the defendant are highly likely to be an attempt to distress and intimidate, rather than presenting any valid or reasonable objections to the clarity of the Particulars of claim.

Follow the above with the guide notes from the templates library, ie, the request for allocation to the small claims track and for an order of standard disclosure.

Also, before you return it to the court, take a copy of the AQ and attachments and send it to SC&M, and keep a copy for yourself.

If you did'nt use the template as your particulars or did'nt include your account number, obviously don't use the above. If this is the case then can you post what you did use as your particulars please?

• Confused 1

Hi Gary,

I used this template:

Claimant has account (A/C No-sort code) with Defendant from (Date a/c opened)conducted on their standard terms and conditions. Claimant is claiming the return of (£0.00 = amount of charges claimed) taken by Defendant in charges over (X) years. The Defendant's charges are a disproportionate penalty and therefore unenforceable as they are contrary to common law. They are also invalid under the Unfair Contracts Terms Act 1977 s.4 and under the Unfair Terms in Consumer Contracts Regulations 1999.Para.8 and sch.2.1.e.

In the event that the charges are not a penalty they are unreasonable within the meaning of the Supply of Goods and Services Act 1982 s.15. Defendant has declined justification of charges despite repeated requests. Claimant claims interest under Sec.69 of the County Courts Act 1984 at a rate of 8% a year from(Date of 1st charge) to (Date of filing claim) of (£0.00 =The interest in the 8% spreadsheet calculation) and also interest at same rate up to the date of judgment or earlier payment at a daily rate of (£0.00p = Amount of charges claimed x 0.00022).

I sent the breakdown of charges to money claim after filing it, but didn't send it to SC&M.

I shall however do as you have suggested, copy what you have written and send a copy to SC&M.

Thank you... Yet again!

Nena :-)

Thats fine then. Just send your AQ and attachments to the court and SC&M and carry on as normal. SC&M will send you a copy of their AQ soon which will request a one month postponement to 'negotiate a settlement'. Let me know when you receive it, as there is a letter you can send in responce.

Hi,

Haven't sent off the AQ yet (will do that in the morning), but had a "General Form of Judgment or Order" from Cardiff County Court yesterday, saying the following:

"Upon the Courts own motion. The Court has made this order of its own initiative without a hearing. If you object to the order, you must make an application to have it set aside, varied or stayed within 7 days of receiving it.

IT IS ORDERED THAT:

1. Directions will be given in this case by the Designated Civil Judge, His Honour (Judge's name), on the 21st December 2006 at 10.30am at Cardiff Civil Justice Centre (then address)

2. The parties may appear in person or make written representations as to how the case should proceed provide a copy of the representations is sent to the Court and the other side at least 7 working days prior to the hearing."

Any ideas on what on earth is going on?!!?

Thanks,

Nena

Its a case management/allocation hearing. All the Welsh claims are receiving exactly the same order at the moment, in fact they are all probably on the same day. One other I can think of off the top of my head is 'stadium arcadium', do a quick search and find her thread or get in contact with her by PM, it'll definately be useful to confer with someone in the same position as you. I think its just going to be a case of re-iterating what you've already put down in your AQ - ie, the claim should be heard on the small claims track and you request an order of standard disclosure to be made. Whether you want to go in person or not is up to you. As you can see from the order you do have the option of making a written statement instead if you want to, which you will get help with should you need it, but I would definately consider going in person if I were you. Nothing can be won or lost on that day, so there's no real pressure, and besides small claims court is'nt anything to fear. Its designed to be informal and accessible to everyone without the need for lawyers and the hearing is held in an office type room rather than a typical 'courtroom'. In fact it'll be a good introduction to the small claims court process. Its a pretty safe bet that Lloyds won't be their either. You've got a while to think about it anyway, its still quite a way off yet. Just get your AQ in for the time being.

Hi,

Any chance someone could post SC&M's address for me?

I've lent my defence with their address on it to someone who is looking at the case for me and I haven't written down their address.

They seem to have several addresses online and I'm not sure which one to post a copy of my AQ to.

Sorry to be a pest!

Nena

• 1 month later...
Banks should be able to charge what they want if someone exceeds their agreed credit limits. So long as it is all made clear to the customer in the first place I don't personally see it as unfair. If someone oversteps the agreed terms with their bank, they have to pay for that.

:shock:

And CONGRATULATIONS, by the way!!! :-D

:shock:

And CONGRATULATIONS, by the way!!! :-D

What a reasonable, balanced and sypathetic view!

Congratulations on the win!

Mindzai & Lucid vs Lloyds TSB

Mindzai's Account - Partial settlement offer rejected

Joint Account - Partial settlement offer rejected

Spreadsheet for compound contractual interest and statutory (s69) interest:

Download v1.9 [Tested with Excel 97-2007 and OpenOffice 2]

PLEASE NOTE: You should fully research contractual interest before you use that functionality of this spreadsheet. If in any doubt please use it to calculate 8% interest under s69 County Courts Act 1984.

Well done Nena, congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:):D:p Plus a bit of media exposure to boot, excellant job!