Evri - Parcel Compare - lost parcel

Posted (edited)

Hi,

sent an eBay item I had sold for £650 (a model car) with Evri via the broker Parcel compare. I took out insurance for the value. Now declared lost. 

It was an item I had bought second hand. But they refuse to process the claim without a receipt. I bought it from someone else second hand from Facebook marketplace for same amount of money, and I installed some extras which I have receipts for. The person on Facebook said he’d draft me up a quick backdated invoice. 

My worry is they will not accept the receipt. What is my legal entitlement to the money back. The model car sells for £1000+ brand new, and £1300 with the extras. 

Many thanks 

Edited by KefteK

The backdated invoice will probably be ok .

It will help if you've got photographs of the item as well .

Start reading around all the stories on this EVRi sub form.

Make your claim normally to homies with your back dated invoice and see what happens .

Is they decline then come back here having read all the stories as advised above

Just now, BankFodder said:

The backdated invoice will probably be ok .

It will help if you've got photographs of the item as well .

Start reading around all the stories on this EVRi sub form.

Make your claim normally to homies with your back dated invoice and see what happens .

Is they decline then come back here having read all the stories as advised above

Thanks

Obviously being an eBay item I have lots of photos. Plus took photos packaged prior to sealing box. 

It was just a private seller though for a second hand item, so I can see them trying to wriggle out of it. I will come back if it is disputed. Thanks

• Like 1