Lowell & Cabot Chasing . some of sons many debts

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 663 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi.  I have just had to pay out £1300 for my son as he hasn’t paid his Council Tax and the Bailiffs were ready to lift his car.  I have gone mad and made him tell me if there is anything else going on.  He doesn’t have a lot to do with the bill paying and to be honest this is the second time I have had to do it in the last three years.

He has given me three letters that have come recently but from the look of them I don’t think they are the first ones ever sent.

Cabot is for Aqua Mastercard – Outstanding balance £3157.30 – statement of account

Cabot is for the same thing but advises the account will be with their solicitor in seven days.

He is aware of the card.  Had it when he was about 18/19 (he is 27 now).

Lowell has listed 5 different accounts.

Studio £153.82 – this was from before Christmas he knows about it, but thought it was being paid.  His girlfriend advises it is sorted but don’t Lowell buy the debts?

Sky £364.39 – he has lived in the house 12 months and never had Sky.  Not sure if he had it at the previous address.  He thought it was Virgin.

Vanquish £400.00 – he is not sure if he ever had a vanquish card, he thinks maybe he did, but it would be years ago.

Capital One £417.94 – he is definite he has never had a capital one card.

Vanquish £1271.04 – if he had one, then fine, but he surely wouldn’t have two??

I have said maybe they added on things he hasn’t had so he rings them, and they have got him then.  He would agree to pay them whatever they asked for.  He is gutted he seems to be in so much debt and this bailiff visit threatening to take his pride and joy car has shook him up.

I am wondering which way does he go from here? 

Does he start with a CCA request to see what is right and what is not? 

He is obviously curious about what they say he has that he knows he hasn’t. 

Or is there another way – CAB? – National Debt Helpline?

Also how do I get a copy of his credit file.  I take it sending off the £2.00 postal order to the agencies isn’t still possible?

Also, he has asked me to put his car into my name.  It isn’t a problem and will happily do that, but would I have to tax it when I swapped it over?

Sorry the question is so long and thanks in advance for any help.

• dx100uk changed the title to Lowell & Cabot Chasing . some of sons many debts

all 3 credit ref agencies are online free now just sign up.

has he paid anything on some  these debts in the last 6yrs?

if not that debt is statute barred.

yes send a CCA a request to the owner of each debt

(bar the sky one or any that are def statute barred. ignore the sky one for now, 

statute barred letter to those that are.

comeback with a rundown.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

I will check with him when he last paid towards Aqua and possibly Vanquish.  He doesn't remember having the Cap One.  If he cant remember when he last paid, how does he find out?  When does something become Statute barred?

The CCA request goes to Aqua, Vanquish, Studio and Capital One and not Lowell and Cabot?

Who are the main three agencies now?

Thanks dx100uk

Equifax, Experian, TransUnion,

find out if all those debts show first.

if they do note defaulted date and last payment date

if some dont good poss they are statue barred.

you cant cca a digital tv/phone/bb debt

gather all the info first.

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hi, sorry to be a pain but I have all the letters ready to send them off tomorrow but we don't have any reference numbers to put on them. 

I only have the Lowell References. 

Not having any paperwork for any of the debts means we cannot put any reference numbers on the letters. 

Son has searched but cannot find any paperwork either.

Can I just send it off without any reference numbers on or do I just send it to Lowell? 

If I send to Lowell, do I include 5 x £1.00 postal order or just 1 x £1.00.  TIA

Use the details from his credit file.

Each CCA request should be sent individually with payment and when getting the Po's pop each one in their envelopes, and hand them over and get free proof of posting for each one 

Dx

and they

Why are you bailing him out.

I would not have but more importantly at least 1 of those debts says to me that  his girlfriend might be usinghisname for credit. 

1st thing l would have him doing is getting a contract between his girlfriend and him on her repaying the debts she took out in his name then showing her the door. Sounds like she has took over and is running his credit into the ground a bit controlling IMO 

OFT debt collection guidance

Please remember the only stupid question is the one you dont ask so dont worry about asking the stupid questions.

Essex girl in pc world looking 4 curtains 4 her pc,the assistant says u dont need curtains 4 a computer!!Essex girl says,''HELLOOO!! i,ve got WINDOWS!!'.

I would not be bailing my son out learn to stand on his own feet. 

The police wont really do anything just tell you to contact action fraud 

Please remember the only stupid question is the one you dont ask so dont worry about asking the stupid questions.

Essex girl in pc world looking 4 curtains 4 her pc,the assistant says u dont need curtains 4 a computer!!Essex girl says,''HELLOOO!! i,ve got WINDOWS!!'.

Hi, quick update. 

We have found paperwork relating to Aqua.  Looks like payments they were chasing default payments around June 2017.  Balance on card then £2917.  Balance now £3157. 

Just received a 'letter of claims details' from Mortimer Clarke Solicitors.  It says fill in and return. 

Do I still send off the CCA Request

The card issued 04/2017 is still stuck to the letter so must have been in default then. 

Last recorded payment I can see from statements I have is March 2017.

Vanquish 1.  Letters from June 2017 show demands for payment but I cant find any statements.

Vanquish 2.  The £400 one is for two Provident Loans possibly prior to 2017 as the letter I have is chasing January 2017 and it is Fresh Start Vanquish Bank.  It advises the debt was sold to them in December 2016.

We have nothing at all for Capital One.  How can I send to them when I have no account number?

Thanks in advance.

A SAR does not need a account number. Its all the Information they have on the person wanting the info. 

Provident loans well provident is gone now so you might be best applying for the ccas and go from there. Same with Vanquis they know the rules. 

Mortimer Clarke sounds close to statue barred so trying to sneek in before hmm l would say a CPR request as its sounding like getting legal now. 

click letter of claim .follow post 2 in that thread

send vanquis an SAR.

dx

and they

It use to be £10 but l dont know if its now free under the GDPR

Rules changed and l dont remember as l have not used it in a while. 

@dx100uk can you let me know. 

Thank you.  If Provident have gone, how can they claim it?  I filled out a claim form a while back for compensation from them through a scheme.  Obviously it got rejected on the first hurdle because I only ever had one loan and I never missed a payment and paid it off in full.

they cant all debt got wiped from what l understand 

Important update about

our loans service

We are closing Provident Personal Credit 

We’ve made the decision to close Provident Personal Credit (PPC) on 31st December 2021. If you have a balance outstanding with PPC, we’ll be clearing it on that date.

Over the years, we’ve been proud to help people who needed a loan.  However, the tough economic situation meant that Provident stopped lending earlier this year and now we’re closing altogether.

There is nothing you need to do.  You can stop making payments on your outstanding loans owed to PPC and if your payments are taken by the Continuous Payment Authority (CPA), we will stop these for you. Any payments made after 31st December 2021 will be paid back to you.

If you’re in arrears or didn’t pay your loan within the time we agreed when you got your loan, we’ll update your file with our Credit Reference Agency to show the balance as zero and partially settled.

WWW.PROVIDENTPERSONALCREDIT.COM

Important update about our loans service.

Tho this does not count as far as l am aware if you debt has been sold to a DCA

From Memory Vanquis is owned by the main company of provident. The link above will

help 

that's nothing at all to do with any vanquis credit cards.

only the provident doorstep loans.

just click sar and send it to vanquis.

dx

and they

post 11 clearly states:-

Vanquish 2 The £400 one is for 2 Provident Loans Possibly prior to 2017 as the letter l have is chasing January 2017. and its Fresh Start Vanquish Bank. It advises the debt was sold to the in December  2016.

So assuming what the OP has wrote here is correct then it is 2 provident loans and a fresh start Vanquis bank. 

Upon googling Vanquis fresh tart bank l have come across a post that you have commented on DX regarding these being some type of scam. 

Another one where you call them Ruddy fleecers!!  

So based on a google search it was Provident selling a debt to Provident and calling it a fresh start loan. 

tnx for clarifying i didnt look back to see there were 2 vanquis entries.

yes those fresh start loans were when they were operating as a DCA/debt buyer believe it or not.

they'd buy up old debts and offer a loan to pay the old debt they'd bought off give the debtor a bit of cash too.

it was such a success to them they started doing it with their own old doorstep loans and people fell for it!!.

so that one should be dead too.

and they

What l never found was if anybody refused the  loan and what happened. I mean surly they would have had to agreed and had payment a loan before you owed them the money. 

they were acting as a debt buyer...not the OC. so could be ignore just like any other dca.

it was a con 

dx

and they

when I send off the SAR, what postal order do I enclose?

You dont there is no charge for SAR.....a CCA request is £1

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

Its Vanquis not VANQUISH.