Jump to content

can I claim back charges?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5566 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then


Please click the "Report " link


at the bottom of one of the posts.


If you want to post a new story then


Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 



Recommended Posts

Hi I'm new to this site and not sure if I can claim back my charges. My husband and I were being charged huge bank charges a few months ago, I decided to try and recover some charges so I sent the first letter with a cheque to HSBC asking for the bank statements, they cashed my cheque and never replied. Meanwhile things had got really bad financially so we went to a company called payplan who are now dealing with our creditors on our behalf. HSBC are refusing to acknowledge this and they phone me at least once every day, and on occasion have been quite intimidating I now refuse to speak to them, but they just keep calling. The charges are still going on my account and they won't do anything about this unless we agree to a new loan. Can I still go for the bank charge refund or not. I would really appreciate any advice anyone can give as this keeps me awake at night worrying where it will all end, do we have to declare ourselves bankrupt to get out of this mess?

Link to post
Share on other sites

If the bank are phoning you every day may i suggest you send this letter




as for the statements how long has it been since they got the letter?


as for the payplan situation, i really dont know but theres no harm in trying to reclaim your charges

Link to post
Share on other sites

Many thanks for the reply I'm certainly going to send the letter today. As for the statements letter I sent it in April, but didn't follow it up because we couldn't afford to carry on with our loan repayments and Payplan were involved. I am keen to do something about it all, but wasn't sure what to do.

Link to post
Share on other sites

HI Gillian it sounds horrible what your going through ive been through it, and its not easy, check the information section under your bank there is a list of numbers and emails that detail who people off this site has dealt with regarding getting there information back, this is what i used when natwest ignored me, i got the manager who deals with it and she sent them to me, if they cashed your cheque they have aknowledged your request me thinks that they test us to see if we can do it, just try and read as much as this site and all the threads as you can!! everything you need is here. good luck, also setup another bank account they cant take off you what they cant get! ooooh just remembered im sure ive read somewhere that if you are put into debt because of there illegal bank charges ie forced into debt that you can get that money back too i will have a read through the threads see if i can find it, so keep your eyes peeled!!

Link to post
Share on other sites

  • 5 months later...



Sorry for the delay in responding, but thanks for the information you posted, I've set up another bank account and I'm just about to do the court action thing with the bank charges, the bank replied that they are dealing with my query and will get back to me, that was weeks ago. Still don't know whether I'm doing the right thing going for the bank charges, but I may be glad I did if they pay the money back.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Welcome Gillian. what you should do now is start a thread on the HSBC forum. Where you will find lots of help and advice. God luck. Click on link.


A person is only as big as the dream they dare to live.



Good things come to he who waits



Its your money taken unlawfully from your account and you have a legal right to claim it back.

Link to post
Share on other sites


  • Recently Browsing   0 Caggers

    • No registered users viewing this page.

  • Have we helped you ...?

  • Create New...