InPost/CitySprint parcel missing - new checkout process didn't offer insurance

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 699 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I recently posted a parcel using InPost's new 'quick and easy service' service.

Essentially, you fill in your details using the online form, they pre-auth your card for the postage, you take your parcel to the locker, stick it in and then you are billed based on the size locker you use.

I've used InPost in the past and have been asked if I'd like to insure my parcel. This didn't happen on this new checkout process, so I thought perhaps it would happen at the locker. It didn't. And now my parcel seems to be lost in transit. And it's worth around £500 and I'm kicking myself for closing the locker without confirmation of insurance. 

I've looked elsewhere on the site and can confirm they still offer insurance. See here: https://www.inpostdirect.co.uk/help-centre/parcels/question/pricing/will-there-be-any-compensation-cover-applied-to-my-order.

I've also slowly gone through (and screengrabbed) the new 'streamlined' checkout process to confirm at no point did it offer me insurance. There is a link to the terms of service which mention £20 standard insurance, but they seem to have neglected to offer the standard parcel protection in the new process.

The representatives I've spoken to on the phone say that this new process is a week old so I wouldn't be surprised if this is some sort of oversight.

I'm hoping for the best, but expecting the worst. Can anyone tell me if I have a leg to stand on in terms of complaints and/or legal action?

Thanks

As advised above, read up on the posts we have and the advice that we have here relating to the unfairness and unenforceability of this kind of insurance.

Take some time reading around the stories on this sub- forum. Most of them involve EVRi but it's all the same principle.

When you have done lots of reading – at least a dozen or so threads, then come back here.
In the meantime, send a letter of complaint and ask for your money back.

When you get knocked back then let us know.

Is this company that you are dealing with simply a parcel broker? Which courier company actually undertook the delivery?

I'm already in the process of the prerequisite reading. I guess my situation feels slightly unique in that I would have happily paid for the insurance had I been offered it. But I'm glad to hear there is a course of action.

https://inpost.co.uk doesn't make it clear whether or not they are a broker. However, as far as I understand it now, they own and operate the lockers and use third parties for delivery. The agent I spoke to on the phone said it was CitySprint that collected the parcel from the locker. However, this information isn't available on the tracking information nor did I have any choice in the matter. As far as I was aware when placing the order... it was with InPost UK and no other third parties were mentioned. 

So I'm not sure who to direct my complaint towards. 

you dont ever need the insurance

what do they do put a sticker on the parcel thats says dont lose this..its a con just like any warranty on any product you have to pay for.

does not remove nor replace your consumer rights.

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Okay well make the complaint against in post and see what they say. You can ask them who the courier was

• dx100uk changed the title to InPost/CitySprint parcel missing - new checkout process didn't offer insurance