• Tweets

• Agree it is not a modification that needs to be disclosed to Insurers as changing the seats has not changed the risk.  
    • Frpm David Frost and Robert Jenrick: 'Conservatives must show we respect the votes in 2016 and 2019 and not give the Opposition the chance to undo the benefits of leaving the EU'   Sweep away the Brexit gloom – or Labour will unravel a huge gain ARCHIVE.PH archived 22 Apr 2024 05:47:50 UTC  
    • Please please help we were miss sold full fibre by EE July 22  Install couldn’t go ahead no equipment sent and no. Survey it was hell  foind out no full fibre in road so we had to go back to cooper no choice we involved. Ceo and they put in a man from customer resolution s  he was vile he told me I had to go to engineers  something very odd about the ex resolution s in bt basically they took my drive up said they Would put ducting in ready for full fibre we have got £ 40 for a hours upon hours phones stress and more told to go to ombudsman  then bill was £35 we called twice told it was that price as they had treated us appalling two weeks later all sky package gets pulled we call again our bill goes to 165 the next two weeks was hell trying to get yo bottom why it’s off our package it was all on in the end I spent a day on the phone  341 mins was the call anyway I got to the bottom it was this resolution man coveting up the other issue another deadlock  to cover it all up  they hide data  ee did so couldn’t get the miss sell in writing I have now only from sept  Basically now we tried getting full fibre and they have found my drive had to be taken up again which has sunk .  The engineer has placed the wrong ducting again under my drive and need s to be taken to again apparently and the pipe sticks up middle of the drive near gate not behind look so odd it’s a big as a drain pipe open to water and it’s below touching the electrical cables to hot tub . I was sent a letter from the ex resolution to say I had stopped the work  I haven’t  it’s so sadistic she covering up for her mate in that team as the orginal install he didn’t check it had been done correctly  I took to Twitter and posted on open reach they ignored me then after 3 calls of two weeks they sent a engineer bt ignored me ceo emails blocked tag on Twitter unanswered then we get someone from twitter send a engineer he written report to say it’s dangerous since we have  had a  letter to say our problem can not be resolved  then a email to say sorry we are leaving and we can’t get into our account Bt will not talk to us ofcom tells us nothing they can do Citzens advice said go to the police  we can’t go back to virgin due so mass issue with them only option is sky  but point is they make out we have canceled we haven’t we have this mess on our drive dangeous work we are in hell  it’s like she covering up for this collegue it’s all very odd I am disabled and they like played mentaly with me open reach say bt resolved the issue no they have not  I recon they have terminated us making our we have  to hide it from mgt  Help it’s hell I don’t sleep we have 29 may we have tried  calling they just ignore me  at first they are so lovely as they say I am then they go to nnamager and say we can’t say anything to you end call  Scared police are rubbish I need help even typing is so painfull  Thankyou  anyone hello be so grateful     
    • There's a thread somewhere about someone sending the baillifs against Wizzair that is quite hilarious. I would love to see someone do the same to Ryanair. Question is, should you be the one to take that role. You are entitled to the £220, if your flight was from the UK. If it was TO the UK I suppose it is more of a grey area... though the airlines I know have been using £220 as standard. Not that surprising for Ryanair, the worst cheapskates in the universe, to go for the lower amount, and if you forward this to the CEO he will probably have a jolly good laugh and give his accountants a verbal bonus. After all he's the one who said and I paraphrase "F*** our customers, they'll fly with us again anyway". While we would all love to see Ryanair get wooped in court again, I have to join my fellow posters in thinking it's not worth the hassle for (hypothetically) £7 and not sure it will expedite the payment either. It's already an achievement that you got them to accept to pay.
    • The US competition watchdog has taken legal action to stop Tapestry's $8.5bn takeover of rival Capri.View the full article
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Carers Allowance and Universal Credit

Yorky55
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 693 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hy, In a nutshell;

- current contract  work part time Mon to Fri 24 hrs

- Unpaid year off break to become family member full time carer

- Need to either go back to work at end of next month, start of July or leave

- Application for Transfer was turned down

- Letter to go in this week with a application form to request change of contract, hrs, days so that I can look after family member

- change requested will be work mon, tues, wed but not more than 13.5hrs or 14, then breaks deducted to stay within legal earnings limit as carers allowance is received

- it is not possible to work thur, fri sat, sun due to care needs and travelling for adult disabled family member

Ive done a bit of digging, I can send application for reduction of the hrs and contract which i think the govt said I can legally do. Doesnt mean the company has to be bound legally by it. It may be that it isnt suitable and there for ask me to resign. Or they may agree! Or terminate my employment.

But as I am a full time family carer for a family member within the same household, I should have a good case to argue. 

Caring for family adult learning disability; full time, currently unpaid from work, unpaid carer

- receive weekly carers allowance

This is what I have searched on so far;

- can only receive from employment £132 a week, after Tax, NI, deductions in all about £201.00 a week, but this is taxable and needs to be entered on tax submission, but if less than personal allowance then no tax may be paid?

- I believe NI is paid as long as you get the carers allowance, although gap between break in employment and start of carers allowance may not be?

-Should employment end due to company not happy in change of hrs and I have to leave, then only the carers allowance would for be the income, If UC is applied for would this allowance be deducted from what UC give or the person I cared for be affected

- Savings may affect if you get UC or not

- Certainly cant be available for looking for work as full time carer

anyone have any points, help or advice on this issue please

Does anyone have any further knowledge or experience of this to advice me, what legal or other rights, but if I quit or asked to quit, would claiming benefits as such be suspended for quitting a job, thanks

Hello Yorky,

If you earn less than the taxable allowance then correct, no tax will be taken.

Edited: to remove my questioning due to info being spread across 2 threads - I'll await thread merge to help where I can.

Ooooh wait, does this tie in with the other thread you created? your other thread makes more sense now!

An admin will likely be along shortly to combine them, perhaps then it will be easier to help you.

Edited by Badtimes123
as above

CAG Site Team and Forum Helpers are unpaid volunteers

Over the years CAG has probably helped hundreds of thousands of people, only a small number of people come back and let us know what happened or to say thank you

and an even smaller number of people ever think to make a donation.

If you are able, without leaving yourself short, consider donating, all donations go towards Site hosting and maintenance - help us stay live for future people in need.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

Essential Reading: Dealing with Customer Service

done.

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Thanks dx, still a bit lost as to exactly what you are looking for.

But I took to google, and:

WWW.GOV.UK

Apply for Carer's Allowance - money to help you look after someone who needs to be cared for. Apply online or use form DS700.

And Savings:

"How much your capital and savings are worth may affect the amount of Universal Credit (UC) you get: If you have capital and savings below £6,000, your UC will not usually be affected."

More:

WWW.GOV.UK

Help if you regularly spend time caring for someone. Includes Universal Credit.

And give the Carer's Allowance Unit a call for exacting answers

Best of luck

Over the years CAG has probably helped hundreds of thousands of people, only a small number of people come back and let us know what happened or to say thank you

If you are able, without leaving yourself short, consider donating, all donations go towards Site hosting and maintenance - help us stay live for future people in need.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

hy thanks for info.

2 issues,

1 is my employment,

application to reduce contract and hrs due to my being full time family carer un paid.  I believe there is a govt note of legally being able to put an application for reduction of hrs and contract [they don't legally have to approve it] as long as I dont resign or quit, it will be them who will have to say bye bye or terminate I think, but the caring part should be a good argument rather than me give up just over 10 years service

- this part is what I need help and advice on please

2 is about the carers allowance finance which you have touched on

Many thanks, have until end of june 2022 to say what I am doing, but I need to get a letter and application form done and sent in in the next week or so

YOUR carers allowance is always deducted from any other benefits the person you are caring for gets.

if you get CA your class 1 NI contributions are made for you.

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

No expert, but common sense usually prevails with most employment laws (in my own experience that is).

Due to your time in service they will have to consider any request for change of contract carefully and provide justification for any rejection.

i don't know your type of work but you mentioned you requested transfer.. Perhaps flexible working is an option for you?

I took to google once again: (I can't link sites)

Employer should consider an application for flexible working:

• flexible start and finish times
  • compressed working hours
  • annualised working hours
  • working from home

Reduction in hours would follow same process, just speak with them and request it.

If they reject, then your in-place contract applies and you will be expected to resume and furnish that contract, otherwise yes dismissal likely due to absence policy eventually.

Having just spent a decent amount of time scrolling web results to searches, I think you've already done that too given what you've said, so I would suggest you call the helpline to get official answers

Edited by Badtimes123

thankyou @dx100uk 

- NI query sorted so am i right in thinking for next 4 years till I retire, If im not working for whatever reason, I recieve the CA and NI paid to go towards state pension.

- My C/A isnt taken from the UC  or PIP the other person gets. I did speak to the UC department some months ago, they sent a letter explaining  this.  But if I apply for UC myself they may take it from mine, I think.

I have an awful lot of things to sort out.

@Badtimes123 Thank you for your help and time.

Currently, working for retail store, grocery and non food. Flexible Contract, 5 days of 24 hrs  minus breaks.

- As I am now a family unpaid, full time carer due to the caring needs of the one I am caring for, Thur, Frid, is not possible and I dont work weekends.

- One practical suggestion for me to retain employment, is Mon, Tue, Wed , AM, but only up to 14hrs minus breaks. To do more than this would affect the one I am caring for and lose CA.

- Composing letter this week referring to the above, then seeking guidance on this

You've definitely a valid case to request a change, nothing wrong with asking in your request (or as a counter in the case of rejection), what recommendations they have to  support you in the circumstances as you wish to remain in employment with them, as the loyal employee you have been so far.

Fingers crossed for you

• Like 1

Not sure if this right space to post.

Am i right in reading and thinking the following;

Ok, if you receive carers allowance all £68+ of it. 

if you are working part time,

that is fine, you can earn £132 after deductions. Both need to be entered on Tax forms and noted on working tax credit forms.

If you no longer are employed;

apply for UC as carer with allowance, possibly £334.91 monthly UC, but the allowance £68 is deducted from this amount. As full time carer doing over 35hrs a week, you will not be required to look for or take on work.

NI is paid through the carers allowance.

If employment ends, do you still get working tax credits as full time carer with allowance or does this end.

Am I right in the above. 

I know its a mouthfull but need to get all my info and details right before making or having to make applications

thanks

Hi again Yorky, admins may merge this as you approached this topic in your other thread, albeit in a thread discussing employment..

I would suspect it would depend on the thresholds if it is available to carers, but honestly, you should just ask the Agency in charge of this, or make the application and find out.

Also, sorry to nitpick, please use '?' for your questions, it's difficult to figure out what are your statements and what are your questions, this will assist people trying to help you.

They will deduct  carer's allowance paid by carer's from any UC payment.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

threads merged again for full history

dx

and they

Just read through this question. At present I receive carers allowance, which I know My NI is paid, so when I retire in the next 5 years, Ill get state pension. So if at some point I go on UC, as my part time work has ended, They take off the Carers allowance.  If this happens;

Q - is my NI still paid to wards state pension.

Q - I will still be full time carer, so would the UC part also stop

Q - state pension is over 150.00 pw now I think, so my Carers allowance would finish, but would I get any help with UC towards caring

thanks

Hi Yorky, did you post in here by accident? you have an existing thread for your questions.

No worries, it's easy done :) post in your thread

Admin - please delete mine and Yorky's posts from this thread

Posts moved to existing thread

dx

and they

@Yorky55

Q - is my NI still paid to wards state pension.

Q - I will still be full time carer, so would the UC part also stop

Q - state pension is over 150.00 pw now I think, so my Carers allowance would finish, but would I get any help with UC towards caring

Carers Allowance and UC pay credits towards state pension.   CA pays class 1 credits and UD class 3 credits.

You can get a Carers Element under UC claim, if person cared for is in receipt of disability benefit and you care for them for more than 35 hours per weel.  This is provided nobody else is registered as Carer.  Be careful, if the person cared for receives disability premiums, as they may loose these, following you claiming as Carer.   CA is deducted from UC awards as you are aware.

UC is a working age benefit, so the claim would end when state pension age is reached.  The only exception to this, is if you are part of a joint claim with a partner who is below state pension age.  

When you get near to state pension age, you should contact benefits advice service. 

https://www.ageuk.org.uk/information-advice/money-legal/benefits-entitlements/benefits-calculator/

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

thankyou @unclebulgaria67 at least I understand more now.  I wouldnt want theperson to lose any of there money, pointles me claiming it!  There is a lot for me to consider in the next few months.  If my work goes down the pan, I may just cash in a pension, use that for 4 years, Retire and look after family member , then they dont lose out on there  payments, especialy with high fuel bills