Dubai personal loan - ADCB legal letter

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 694 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi 

I have lost my job in Dubai back in December 2021 and moved to UK.

I have personal loan with ADCB bank for £52k and the last payment i made is in Dec 2021 along with my end of service of benefit.

I couldn't pay for the last 5 month because i hardly have any saving after each month.

I am planning to take out a new loan in UK once i have a good credit score to pay off that UAE loan amount but that will take an another year.

Now i have received an legal notice on 23 May from a lawyer from Dubai ( Legal notice without prejudice) saying if don't payback the full amount with 7 days they will commence legal proceedings for the recovery with Dubai international financial centre court (DIFC ) Small claims tribunal).

Do i need to respond to them?

Adcb 1.pdf

bet the letter doesn't say will anything

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

thread tidied.

well it sort of says will later but it also says instructed, may, etc previously.

not alot you need or can do,

but i would certain not ever be looking to get credit to pay credit esp when 90% of it is their fake interest as your guarantee cheque obviously failed as it should.

just ensure you write to the BANK informing them of your correct and current address.

there are plenty of like threads here to read.

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Do you own any assets such as property in the UK ?

Foreign debts can be subject of UK Court claims, so if you have any UK assets, you cannot ignore, if it gets to the stage where UK Court claim is definitely going to be issued by the Banks UK representative.  But it may take along time to get to that stage.

Agree, don't take out credit to pay credit back.  If you want to deal with the debt, write to the Bank directly to open up communications with them, asking what help they can provide you with to deal with difficult circumstances following loss of job in Dubai, which meant you had to leave Dubai.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Can't get blood out of a stone then 

Just ensure the bank has your current and correct address 

If you want to negotiate with the bank only, that's your call but do read threads here and lots of them 

Dx

and they

• AndyOrch changed the title to Dubai personal loan - ADCB legal letter

The guys are great on here, just keep reading and keep updating!  Multiple people in the same boat....we ride the wave!

One question about property/assets - I get the reason you guys ask this, my question is can they ONLY go after assets which are solely the "debtors" name or can they also go after property in joint names? @unclebulgaria67

No point it would only be a useless restriction k if they got a ccj and went for a charging order if the home is jointly ownwd

• Thanks 1

and they