Ongoing problem with Bulldog

ccs3

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5591 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Has your daughter been using the bulldog internet service? If she did, then she would be liable for a certain amount of the charges (i.e. the monthly subscription cost x the number of months) but that would be it.

If they cannot produce a copy of the agreement or contract, then really what are they trying to enforce? Make sure you have something in writing which states that they cannot/will not provide a copy of the agreement and switch providers! That way, if they ever try to legally enforce a payment, then you have evidence for them to say they have nothing to enforce as they are essentially saying there is no contract. But I would advise paying what is owed and going off to someone else.

There are many people on here who have had problems with Bulldog in the past, and a few of my friends are also suffering after receiving payment demands after bulldog 'forgot' to take the payment.

Also, OFT guidelines state that if a direct debit is taken without authorisation then the consumer can claim the 'full and immediate refund' which is promised under the direct debit guarantee from the bank, rather than Bulldog. This is not well known to the public or to employee's of the bank, but they hate it and will fob you off until they're blue in the face but it is very true - the bank HAVE to refund you any money taken in error through a DD. Need proof? Go here:

Direct Debit - Your rights

• Haha 1

Lived through bankruptcy to tell the tale! Worked in various industries and studied law at university. All advice is given in good faith only :)