Backdoor 2020 CCJ Erudio/Drydens - old SLC Loans. - set aside?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 704 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello 

I am another person who is being fleeced by Drysden fairfax and under threat of bailiffs. 
Student loans from 98 and 00 which I deferred until I moved abroad in 2014 

told student loans company about move abroad .. didn’t hear anything until letter in sept 2021 saying that ccj to old address in November 2020.

do I now contact Northampton and student loans to see when I last paid 

then contact Drysden with set aside notice and then apply to get it set aside?
last communication from Drysden dated 6th May and received yesterday saying they were going to apply for warrant of control. 
Does anyone have template for set aside application  please

i have tried to read other threads but my head is spinning trying to figure out the process 

thanks in advance 

Hello Apple, welcome to CAG.

Someone knowledgeable will be along shortly to assist you, it is the weekend and so replies can take a little longer.

In the meantime, continue your research here on CAG - you may stumble upon the answer :)

Good luck getting this sorted

I had a dig around some other threads and some info that could be useful before proceeding:

What is the default date on your credit file?

Do you have written evidence proving that you informed SLC of your new address abroad?

You can send a SAR to SLC - this will tell you when the last payment was amongst other things

You can contact Northampton bulk and ask for a copy of the particulars of claim AND the CCJ judgement by email pdf

I believe the above will be useful to know before proceeding to request set aside

CAG Site Team and Forum Helpers are unpaid volunteers

Over the years CAG has probably helped hundreds of thousands of people, only a small number of people come back and let us know what happened or to say thank you

and an even smaller number of people ever think to make a donation.

If you are able, without leaving yourself short, consider donating, all donations go towards Site hosting and maintenance - help us stay live for future people in need.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

Essential Reading: Dealing with Customer Service

• dx100uk changed the title to Backdoor 2020 CCJ Erudio/Drysden - old SLC Loans. i informed in 2014 i had moved abroad!! - set aside?

are you still abroad now?

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Were you still abroad Nov 2020?

Don't worry about silly bailiff threat, it's a consumer credit debt. No right of forced entry anyway 

It's quite a STD letter, don't respond yet, but you will be and must simply to legally inform them of your correct address.

Get that info from the court then comeback here.

Your last deferral letter would have been to SLC so as with all of these backdoor CCJ's, the debt was already statute barred 

Dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Snip from guide:

"If you use an iPhone then you will not be able to use an app as Apple have hobbled their phones for this purpose - you won't be able to get a true two-way recording. Use the digital recorder and the TP8 instead with an iPhone."

There's a comprehensive guide to call recording in my signature in case you have other options such as Skype 'dealing with customer service' <---- or click that link :)

Edited by Badtimes123
snip guide

Over the years CAG has probably helped hundreds of thousands of people, only a small number of people come back and let us know what happened or to say thank you

If you are able, without leaving yourself short, consider donating, all donations go towards Site hosting and maintenance - help us stay live for future people in need.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

No Dryden's don't already legally know your address, just because they have written to you means nothing. Hence how they got the backdoor ccj in 1st place 

You need to use our search and type in backdoor ccj 

Were you still abroad at the time of the judgement?

Dx

and they

No, I wasn’t. I did not know about the ccj because I had moved house and was not aware the loan had passed to Erudio as I was abroad 2012 to 2014. 
I have no record of it at all but see that it is on my credit report now. 

do I need to get to a SAR  to Erudio and student loans as well As calling northants 

SAR, yes do both, could be useful for cross referencing

The dates you've given for moving abroad also change from your original post so the more info you can gather the better

Also, there's quite a few questions you haven't answered that could be useful.

Edited by Badtimes123

• dx100uk changed the title to Backdoor 2020 CCJ Erudio/Drydens - old SLC Loans. - set aside?
5 hours ago, Applegirl79 said:

No, I wasn’t.  I was abroad 2012 to 2014. 
I have no record of it at all but see that it is on my credit report now. 

do I need to get to a SAR  to Erudio and student loans as well As calling northants 

right so you being abroad or informing SLC you were Abroad as the last address plays no part in this at all, thread title updated. total red herring.

your case is the same as numerous ones here already which you need to READ 

type in erudio backdoor CCJ in our enhanced google searchbox. get reading a good few of the threads that search points you too.

your mistake is you returned to the uk, you failed to update your debt owners of a change of address as legally you are obliged too, and you got a backdoor CCJ

your issue now again is the same as most of the threads you'll read, your SLC loans were last deferred to SLC before the gov't sold them to erudio in 2013. that means that the court claimform was issued more than 6yrs after your last written acknowledgement of the debt and thus was already statute barred.

can't see any point in an SAR to anyone.

just ring northants bulk

and quoting the CCJ number from your credit file

ask for a copy of the particulars of claim ANd the judgement CCJ by email pdf

dx

and they