NCP ANPR PCN NTK - DOZ Gatwick airport

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 184 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, all, long time no speak!

I just came to refresh my memory and catch up on what's been changing in the murky world of PPCs. 

My good friend K has fallen foul of the dreaded LGW Sth Terminal Drop off Zone, even though she wasn't dropping anyone off! She was going to the McD and went round the one way by accident, no matter, ANPR caught her, and she received  a letter yesterday, at which point she called me.  

date of incident: 12/04

date of sending notice: 28/04

Pay by date: 30/05

She received it yesterday, so 20/05. 

I've just been on NCP's website, and at the bottom, it says the discount period has passed, and the whole £100 is now owed. Ho-hum. 

I have seen some threads where people were complaining about NCP's system not working  properly, so I'm going to break this down  in case others get caught out in the same way (and I'm not even starting on the other "irregularities" , these have already been detailed by others!) :

- Notice is deemed to have been given on the second working day after the date of sending above

- If payment is received within 18 days from the date this notice is given, then a reduced amount, bla bla, you know the rest.

Now then: if date of sending is 28/4 (Thu), then the 2nd working day after is 03/5 (Tue) 18 days from that takes us to the 21/05 (Sat), which is today.  So, my friend has until the end of the day to pay the reduced charge if she so wishes, right?

Well, no, she couldn't even if she wanted to, because, when I checked their website, it states that the discount period has expired, and she now must pay £100. 

Just goes to show that one must really check every little thing!

So, in conclusion, NCP don't seem to know their *rses from their elbows, and I'll be quite happy to hand them said *rses  on behalf of my beleaguered friend. 

To be continued... :) 

• Bookworm changed the title to Notice to Keeper - Gatwick @NCP

Hi Bookie, good to hear from you again.

I am pretty sure that Gatwick and  Heathrow now work the same con of having to pay a £5 fee for dropping someone off at the terminal. So as your friend did not drop anyone off and did not stop, they were not in a position to read the T&Cs so did not accept the contract. 

The airport is covered by Bye Laws so the PCN cannot be PoFA compliant which means that only the driver can be held liable and even they cannot be liable as they did not accept the contract. They did not stop, so no waiting time involved. Nothing to pay so discount period irrelevant.

Complain to Airport and the ICO.

Do not disclose the driver's name. If writing to complain, ensure that the complaint is in the name of the keeper.

• Like 1

The entry and exit times would also indicate no stop was made as likely less than 2 minutes from entry to exit

• Like 1

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

So not only have they denied her the early payment discount in total non-compliance with their own rules, but they've sent the invoice out too late to establish keeper liability under POFA.

Is there a postmark on the envelope?

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Thanks, both of you, good points! 

It really is disgusting.  Look at the time stamp, ffs!  😡 

@LFI, I was only going to make them go away, but on 2nd thoughts, I AM going to complain! 

I already have ICO's address (practically engraved in my head, lol), but do you have the airport's  one  at hand, by any chance?

Thanks again. My poor friend is drowning as it is, so much piled on her head, so I've taken over the handling of all the DCAs, enforcement agencies, etc... This last one had her in floods of tears when it arrived, last straw and all that... :(  I'm not even supposed to do anything stressful myself, but you can't just sit here and do nothing, right? Argh, I get so frustrated at this type of cr@p, honest to god. 😠 

Anyway... I'll let you know if anything of interest happens with this one.  🙏

K8.pdf

Hi, FTM, not sure about envelope, I'll ask her, but she keeps on not keeping them iyswim, even though I keep on telling her to! 😕 

I'll let you know. 

Yeah, no, sorry, no envelope that we can see.  🤷‍♀️

Pity.  But then while we know there is no envelope, NCP don't know there is no envelope 😉

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

Good news.  Have a look at this thread.  Especially the last couple of posts  https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/448986-gatwick-drop-off-£5-charge-for-3-minutes-what-if-i-dont-accept-the-terms/

Turns out even NCP admit there is a grace period and if you drive in an out - as your friend did - you shouldn't get charged.

Their grace period is 1:00.  Your mate stayed for 1:06.  I'd like to see them really argue in court about six seconds!

• Like 1

Just so.

Thank you, Joey, that is brilliant. My friend is lovely, but she's fighting so many different fronts, that stupid LGW ticket was just the last straw!!! Well, that will definitely help setting her mind at rest.  🤗

There is another factor. The sign at the start of the drop off zone states that there is a £5 charge. But it is not until you read the T&Cs inside that there is an  £80 charge for nonpayment too late as the £5 is the charge but the penalty is not included in that contract. And that is even before the fact that the driver did not stop so could not even read the terms.

• Like 1

Challengeable as an Unfair contract Term as not openly presented in  legible text to someone passing through?

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

• 1 year later...

• dx100uk changed the title to NCP ANPR PCN NTK - DOZ Gatwick airport

@Bookworm what is the current situation here with your mate and the fleecers?