Backdoor Intrum CCJ - old LLoyds Loan- now AEO - help

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 699 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Evening all,

I am looking for a little bit of advice, any would be appreciated.

I am a bit hesitant in giving all the in's and out's as I am not sure of the forums procedures and I do not want to compromise my situation.

as a result of a few issues in my life inflicted/self inflicted I ended up in a bad situation financially.

A company brought a debt off a lender I had used and took me to court,

I really mis-managed this and although I attended court with a case the verdict went against me.

I accepted this but never heard anything back from them and admittedly as I was struggling didn't pro actively seek them out to make payment.

So, on my Credit report I had a CCJ due to expire Sept. 2022, which I associated to that particular incident.

I have recently received a Notice of Application for Attachment of earnings order, however, this is regarding a completely different debt/Court procedure to the one I participated in. The creditor, to my knowledge has never contacted me and until this week I have never received any correspondence to this case from the creditor or county court

I was just after a bit of advice, on how to go about this.

I am worried that if my employer is advised of the CCJ, it makes my position uncomfortable, maybe untenable which will only be negative to my situation. 

can I still contest this and possibly get it removed via the courts,

can I delay it for 3 months to get it statue barred,

do I pay the whole amount (to a company whom brought it at a pittance)

or do pay it off and

if so, can the figure be negotiated and

how long would it affect me credit score?

I apologise for the number of questions, and appreciate any advice.

My concern is the application ruining a very good job for me.

Thanks in advance

Edited by dx100uk
formatting

Hi Gerrard,

In order to help you with this it will be necessary to provide more information. Don't worry about compromising your situation, you won't need to provide any identifiable information. Additionally, you seem to be stating you already have a CCJ on record and yet this didn't affect your employment?

Attachment of Earning, to my knowledge, can only be applied for with certain Governmental debts, such as DWP.

Please list all debts, who they are with, type of debt, when they were taken out, when they were sold to DCA's and the current status of each

Also confirm if you have moved address since taking any of these out and whether you updated the creditors

BT

Edited by Badtimes123

CAG Site Team and Forum Helpers are unpaid volunteers

Over the years CAG has probably helped hundreds of thousands of people, only a small number of people come back and let us know what happened or to say thank you

and an even smaller number of people ever think to make a donation.

If you are able, without leaving yourself short, consider donating, all donations go towards Site hosting and maintenance - help us stay live for future people in need.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

Essential Reading: Dealing with Customer Service

not correct sadly 

anyone with a CCJ can go for a AOE amongst many other enforcement option.

we need the full details of the CCJ. what date was it attained? do you have the CCJ number from your credit file?

i will suspect that this was a backdoor CCJ to an old address as you have moved in recent times and never informed all your debt owers (bad idea!!) 

so you now need to gather all the details BEFORE you can act.

on monday give northants bulk a ring 

and ask for a copy of the particulars of claim AND the CCJ judgement by email pdf

dx

• Thanks 1

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• dx100uk changed the title to Backdoor CCJ - now AEO - help

Thank you both for taking the time to respond.

I will try my best to answer your questions but will inevitably have further questions of my own.

@Badtimes123,

the alleged debt is a loan from a major bank, which has been sold on.

I have no debts apart from the CCJ on my file,

I have one credit card which was used purely to help build my credit score

- not sure if it actually does

- but the balance is zero.

I have an overdraft which has not been used in years,

a finance agreement on a purchase with no defaults.

Ever since the period where I struggled financially, I have made it a rule that I never rely on a credit card, loan or overdraft to pay for things - with the exception of the one item and potentially a mortgage :}

Regarding my employment, its the worry of the courts contacting my employers and how this will be taken - I don't think I explained myself correctly in original post.

@dx100uk

I will give northants bulk a call on Monday and request that information.

on Clearscore it has the CCJ as being discharged.

I have the case reference number from that report and it matches the one on the AOE.

I can provide this is required and safe to do so.

I will post on Monday and update on the situation.

In the mean time what can I do to stop this issue progressing further, will my call to Northants Bulk allow me to delay/extend the AOE? 

Additionally, why has it taken them so long to contact me and how can they file for an AOE (creating additional costs) without out actually contacting me?

Again, thank you for taking the time to respond to my predicament. It is very much appreciated.

If you require any further information let me know, otherwise, I will update after I have spoken to Northants Bulk.

Gerrard04

Edited by dx100uk
formatting

1 hour ago, Gerrard04 said:

Thank you both for taking the time to respond.

I will try my best to answer your questions but will inevitably have further questions of my own.

@Badtimes123,

the alleged debt is a loan from a major bank, which has been sold on.

I have no debts apart from the CCJ on my file,

I have one credit card which was used purely to help build my credit score

- not sure if it actually does

- but the balance is zero.

I have an overdraft which has not been used in years,

a finance agreement on a purchase with no defaults.

Ever since the period where I struggled financially, I have made it a rule that I never rely on a credit card, loan or overdraft to pay for things - with the exception of the one item and potentially a mortgage :}

Regarding my employment, its the worry of the courts contacting my employers and how this will be taken - I don't think I explained myself correctly in original post. 

@dx100uk

I will give northants bulk a call on Monday and request that information.

on Clearscore it has the CCJ as being discharged. - To put things simply, a CCJ Discharged means that you no longer have a judgement against you and have paid your debts in full.  However, it is important to understand that this can only happen if you pay your debt in full within one calendar month of the judgement been made. this puzzles me!!

I have the case reference number from that report and it matches the one on the AOE.

I can provide this is required and safe to do so. we dont need the CCJ number here no 

I will post on Monday and update on the situation.

In the mean time what can I do to stop this issue progressing further, will my call to Northants Bulk allow me to delay/extend the AOE? - it doesnt and you cant do that - simply get the info and report back, then we will moved you fwd.

Additionally, why has it taken them so long to contact me and how can they file for an AOE (creating additional costs) without out actually contacting me? - because you did not update you debtors with your correct address as you moved.

Again, thank you for taking the time to respond to my predicament. It is very much appreciated.

If you require any further information let me know, otherwise, I will update after I have spoken to Northants Bulk.

Gerrard04

click expand 1st ^^

please name the original creditor and the claimant - the DCA that got the CCJ

type in backdoor CCJ in our enhanced google searchbox and get reading up.

dx

dx

• Like 1

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Evening,

I have spoken to Northants Bulk and the lady I spoke to was actually very helpful.

She has sent me across a PDF copy of the CCJ Judgement but the particulars of claim were included in the body of the email. I will see if I can save this as a PDF. Do I need to redact anything?

Additionally, from our conversation it became clear that they have a different figure outstanding to that stated on the AOE which again is different on my credit search.

The lady mentioned that my CCJ would drop off my history at the end of August and it would for the creditor and I to manage the debt repayment.

if the CCJ is removed is there an obligation for me to pay this alleged debt?

I assume the creditor would reapply for another CCJ to enforce this debt?

Original creditor was LLoyds Bank PLC, the DCA appears to be Intrum UK Finance Limited.

Do I need to send the N56?

I did ask for this process to be put on hold but think this request may have got lost in our conversation - in that I did not receive any confirmation to this request.

• dx100uk changed the title to Backdoor Intrum CCJ - old LLoyds Loan- now AEO - help

yes redact all info like you name etc and the ccj number and any ref number the intrum can us to ID you HERE/

leave all figures and dates etc and their info.

a CCJ has a 6yrs enforcement time limit without good reason, which is why intrum are going for an AEO.

you can only have one CCJ per debt unless something proves very wrong with the claimed figure and you set the old CCJ aside (don't)

the court can't hold any enforcement no. 

fill out the N56 for now and the I&E yes.

when was this loan taken out and when was your last payment?

and they