Jump to content

How do I request X rays on behalf of a friend.


Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

I have a friend who has to have a chaperone whenever she needs to see dentists, specialists, etc. She is a vulnerable adult.


To cut a long story short,

she visited a dental specialist in Sheffield (I drove her there).

The specialist said he would contact her local dentist in Nottingham. Which he duly did.

He said that he has sent all her X rays to her local dentist. However, her local dentist said he has only received a few X rays.


The Sheffield dentist was contacted again, and again he said he sent all the X rays to her local dentist .Again, the local dentist is denying that he has all the x rays. My friend needs to get copies of all her X rays.


 How does she go about getting all the X rays?.

Would there have been copies from the Sheffield specialist sent to the local NHS, which I am guessing would be Queens Medical Centre, Nottingham?.


What legislation would she use to request the X rays?. Is is a SAR request?


Any help would be greatly appreciated, as she thinks her local dentist is trying to pull the wool over her eyes, as a dentist from his practice messed up big time a few years ago with dental treatment.

Edited by dx100uk
block of text spaced to paragraphs
Link to post
Share on other sites

was the treatment under the NHS i'e 'free' as she is on benefits?


i likewise agree an sar most probably would work, including but not limited too copies of all x-rays.




please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

Easiest way is to ask the local dentist to request ALL the imaging from the specialist referral centre, and ask for copies of any such emails / letters to be sent to your friend (or you, if they have accepted you acting as her advocate).


Then, if the situation persists, (or if you feel both sides have already become ‘entrenched’) : you can request that the specialist centre list what images have been sent, and the referring dentist can state what images they feel are missing ……


If they then still disagree: your friend can SAR them both and see who is mistaken ……

Edited by BazzaS
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Was the dental specialist in Sheffield an independent dental practice or part of an NHS hospital?


Who had referred her to the Sheffield specialist?


Do know how the X rays were sent from Sheffield to Nottingham? Do they still print them and send by mail like in the old days? Or send them electronically? When my dentist does routine Xrays they go straight to his laptop and he shows them to me on a TV screen while I'm still in the chair. No messing around with printing them. If they were sent electronically it would surely only take the Sheffield specialist minutes to resend them.


Surely the Nottingham dentist needs to get on the phone to the Sheffield one and have a professional-to-professional conversation about what Xrays were taken and what has been received. Maybe Nottingham has received all there is?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 Caggers

    • No registered users viewing this page.

  • Have we helped you ...?

  • Create New...