• Tweets

• was and is pretty much 100% low cloud cover here ...
    • A southern water spokesperson said   "“The release is 95-97 per cent rainwater and so should not be described as raw sewage."   aka 'Its only between 3% and 5% sewage we are pouring into the waterways by the millions of liter, ... well with heavy downpours watering it down its only 3-5% sewage ... I wish to avoid commenting on the percentage of doodoo we are pouring into the waterways and onto the beaches  in the months long drier spells  ...    
    • Rees-Mogg, who has previously boasted of his love for freedom of speech, is now leading a clampdown on free speech in government departments.   - he loves free speech but only if they are quoting his opinions
    • Enjoy your shitf-shellfish Southerners   The simple fact that the London area has both a hosepipe ban, flooding and sewage overflows should demonstrate to anyone just HOW broken this system is, and anyone squealing 'exceptional circumstances' should look at how often and much these issues are  recurring, and be aware of how little time will pass before this is likely to occur again.   That the boss of their promotion agencies 'answer is that everyone goes on water meters and pays more for using less, while the companies are making huge profits for a few (mainly large shareholders and top bosses) while building not a single reservoir and leaking 25% of the water they transport due to simply NOT doing even basically adequate investment and maintenance of the infrastructure says to me that EVERY SENIOR BOSS AT THESE ORGANISATIONS should be fined what they have profiteered.   No, they shouldn't be renationalised, they should be regulated into undoing the damage they have done with profits limited to a fixed  portion of investment and boss dividends and bonuses scrapped (and share options confiscated) until the company has rebuilt the infrastructure and cleared the debt mountain, with failure to do so acted upon as gross negligence.     That A member of OFGEM has resigned, no doubt to maintain some shred of credibility for her income, is little more than a headline That one of the reasons is that 'they should have done more to protect energy resellers from collapsing, without qualifying that this would be better done by:   1. Ensuring the companies were credible to start with and not largely some mechanism to make its head a millionaire while leaving the taxpayer to pay the bill 2. Ensuring core supplies and suppliers are UNABLE to rip everyone off in a crisis (like France has - so if the Europeans can do it ...)   .. is telling   My brief experiences of 2 of those failed companies indicated they should never have been allowed to start up - AVRO especially seemed to me to appear to be run by people and in a way that even NPower would wince at. Special mention to the customer service manager there who made the NPower manager I ended up dealing with; after (also) overcharging, multiple unaddressed complaints and months of failure to repay a large credit balance after leaving; seem competent and professional in comparison. AVRO went under owing 90 millio to its customers (overcharges) didn't it? and Bulb boss continued to be payed his quarter million salary?     Safer Seas Service Interactive Map • Surfers Against Sewage WWW.SAS.ORG.UK This interactive map is our online version of the Safer Seas & Rivers Service, tracking real-time CSOs (combined sewage overflows) and PRFs...  
    • So anyone who disagrees with the government can be viewed as an extremist. Afua Hirsch mentioned remarks made by the PM which are there for everyone to see.   Government bans Afua Hirsch from Whitehall over criticism of Boris Johnson - Voice Online WWW.VOICE-ONLINE.CO.UK Author labelled an 'extremist' for calling PM a racist, as freedom of speech-loving Rees-Mogg turns snowflake over Johnson's hurt feelings  
  • Our picks

No Timelines for @HMLandRegistry to register land (adverse land possession). Chain is going to break (as well as my sanity)

Welcome to CAG, and your first post here.

I can feel how frustrating this must be, it would drive me nuts too. I've no personal experience of this, it's not something I remember seeing on here before.

Hopefully somone here with some experience of this will be able to offer some suggestions.

• Thanks 1