Help!! MCOL claim - is the 14 days up tomorrow or the day after????

TC-Lover
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6343 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

My MCOL claim was accepted by Barclays on the 30/11/06, so far they have not replied. Do they have until close of business tomorrow to do so?

If it gets to 6.00pm and they haven't replied (fingers-crossed!!) can I file for a judgement, or do I have to wait until the 15th?

Sorry to start another thread, I did post on my original thread hoping someone would reply but they haven't yet and I need to know!!

My MCOL claim was accepted by Barclays on the 30/11/06, so far they have not replied. Do they have until close of business tomorrow to do so?

If it gets to 6.00pm and they haven't replied (fingers-crossed!!) can I file for a judgement, or do I have to wait until the 15th?

Sorry to start another thread, I did post on my original thread hoping someone would reply but they haven't yet and I need to know!!

Im assuming that you meant Service of Notice was 30/11/06. If this is the case then the deadline is midnight on 14/12/06, then you can go for judgment but barclays will probably aknowledge the next day anyway.

Hope this helps

Emz:D

***If i've helped you in any way, please click on the SCALES to the left and add to my reputation***

Barclays Bank - £2238.33 Settled 02/01/07

Bristol & West - S.A.R sent 12/01/07

Read my successful thread

here

'Money can't buy you happiness, but it does

bring you a more pleasant form of misery'

I started mine on the 29/11, and had a go at a judgement by default today (14 days exactly)

Basically, Barclays are allowed 5 days to receive the claim, then its 14 days from then.

Mine is due on the 18th, so that takes yours to the 20th.

I would advise you send Barclays a reminder letter, as i intend to do on peoples advice here. Sounds like a strange thing to do, but Barclays can for some reason, and do, submit their defence AFTER the deadline passes, and get away with it. All this does is delay things for you.

Hope that helps!

THE STORY SO FAR:

~Asked for my Statements: 2/10/06

~Got them within 14 days (fair play)

~Asked for the money back:18/10/06

~Computer said no!!!! (not all of it anyway)

~Rejected the (crap) offer (£570/£1300): 11/11/06

~Computer said Hell no!!!!

~Barclays said I can go to court if I want (like they've got the balls to go that far!)

~MCOL done 29/11/06

~Barclays acknowledged: 18/12/06

~AQ received, filled out and returned: 4/01/2007

~Court date set for 28/03/2007

Cant help thinking that soon, Barclays might have to have a go with a test case.... Hope they dont choose me!!!!

Small (SORRY) donation given, cos i reckon i might win in the end, and without you guys i would never have started this process!!: 16/11/06

B*gger, I was hoping that they are all too wrapped up in office parties and "forgot" about me.

So, what happened when you clicked the "file for judgement" thingy on MCOL? Did it not let you continue?

It's outrageous 14 days should mean 14 days....

I copied and pasted it into my link actually, it was earlier on today (its Allan1983 Vs. Barclays) it basically said 'you cant do this yet'

Take a look if you want, your probably the closest person in terms of what stage your at, so we might as well help each other out where possible:)

And i fully expect if it was the other way round, 14 days would mean EXACTLY that.

THE STORY SO FAR:

~Barclays said I can go to court if I want (like they've got the balls to go that far!)

~MCOL done 29/11/06

Cant help thinking that soon, Barclays might have to have a go with a test case.... Hope they dont choose me!!!!

Small (SORRY) donation given, cos i reckon i might win in the end, and without you guys i would never have started this process!!: 16/11/06

Oops, I thought that when you said Barclays accepted your claim on the 30th I just assumed that you meant they were deemed served on the 30th.

So was 30/11/06 the date you filed your claim on MCOL?

emz:D

***If i've helped you in any way, please click on the SCALES to the left and add to my reputation***

Barclays Bank - £2238.33 Settled 02/01/07

Bristol & West - S.A.R sent 12/01/07

Read my successful thread

here

'Money can't buy you happiness, but it does

bring you a more pleasant form of misery'

Replied.

Ive got a new friend!!:)

THE STORY SO FAR:

~MCOL done 29/11/06