OUSBA taking me to small claims court

Nack in 2017 i signed up for a course through the OU (had failed a previous course, was made to choose another level 3 course to complete my BA hons). The course I chose was completely unsuitable and i struggled from day one.  The Course began in October 2017, by November 2017 i was seriously behind and contacted the OU to say that i was going to withdraw from the course, and chose to take an ordinary degree. 

From the day of my withdrawal i was removed from the course and had no access to course materials, classes, tutors or assessment work.  During that time i was suffering financially as well, and did tell the Ou that i was unable to keep paying for the course that i could no longer take.  Since then OUSBA have hounded me, calling up to 5 times a day to demand payment.  For a few years the account was passed to STA, and then back to OUSBA. 

Fast forward to this year March, i received a court summons saying that OUSBA are taking me to court. I am defending the claim and am also asking for compensation for emotional distress, and the negative impact on my credit rating (I've to take out costly credit to try and pay off other debt). I applied to have help with the court fees, but i think i have filed the forms wrong as i have received a letter demanding payment for the defended claim.

I have no idea what I' doing with this.  I cant afford to pay (in £10,000 worth of debt without this, and struggling to pay) but i dont think i should have to pay as they withdrew service.  I had paid 2 months of the 10 months payments. 

I'm an adult with ADHD and I'm autistic, so dealing with phone calls causes me undue stress, i cant handle money very well (obviously) and all of this is making me ill.

I've got to send in my evidence and statement before Friday, and its actually making me ill.

i dont really have a defence, apart from the removal of service.  

Can i take back the counter claim?

papers have to be filed by friday 4pm.

There defence is that i didnt pay.

Posted (edited)

The OUSBA didn't suggest a payment plan STA did when it was handed to them, but they were incredibly harassing.

Edited by dx100uk
unnecessary previous post quote removed

Posted (edited)

Yes, cancelled the direct debit, and no there was no mention of a payment plan.

On my credit file the first default is July 2018.

Im going to add the corresponding consumer credit act mentioned do i need to add any other evidence in with this??

Edited by dx100uk
unnecessary previous post quote removed