MET ANRP PCN - Burger King - overstay? site 997 BP Blue Boys Tonbridge, TN12 7HE. **CANCELLED BY BP**

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 414 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi there.

I got this notice today for an apparent 70 minute stay at a petrol station complex which apparently has 30 mins max.

I parked in a burger king which was part of the complex as we had lunch there and there was no advertised limit.

The photos on the notice are from when I drove in and out of the whole complex, not from somewhere within the complex and on the rear photo of my car they've used the front licence plate photo as evidence.

The area was a labyrinth of different parking spots - part of BP, M&S, Burger King and others but not clear signage was present at Burger King parking area.

Based on this and that they have no photos of my car within the area (only on entrance and exit)

I am thinking this is a bit of a cheeky and unenforceable "fine", not to mention far too high.

What are your thoughts on my next steps?

Ignore, tell them i'm not going pay for above reasons or go through their official dispute process?

Thanks in advance!

MET PCN.pdf

Hi and welcome to the Forum.

The PCN does not comply with the Protection of Freedoms Act 2012 which means that you as keeper cannot be liable for the amount demanded. As only the driver can be sued for the alleged debt it is important that you do not divulge the name of the driver.

That means not to appeal the ticket since you might by mistake admit that you were the driver. It would help if you could get photos of the signage at the entrance to the car park and inside the car park too. Especially where there are different terms and conditions on them. If there is a pay machine can you also show what the sign says there.

Just to clarify, is there only one entrance for the different car parks and do the different car parks have differing times that motorists can stay?

Thanks for already posting up the PCN -I have added below a questionnaire that will help to fill in the gaps to help you more.

From here you will probably receive demands for ever rising amounts up to about £180 which are unlawful and will not be allowed should this case ever get to Court. You will also get unregulated debt collectors chasing you with perhaps as many as three or four final letters. {they were absent the day their class did English comprehension].

You will probably get letters for several months at least and then it all goes quiet. After that they may decide to take you to court or they may not. If they do, we will help you get off.  Already they have messed up with their PCN so the keeper is not liable. The pictures would help perhaps to see if the driver is not liable either.

I didn't quite get the reference to the photos of your number plate-did they only get the rear number and used that as the front number as well? Could you please post up those photos when you fill in the questionnaire.

Just do not ignore the letters that you receive. Within a year or maybe five years you might get a letter headed "Letter Before Claim" or something similar. Do not ignore that and let us know so we can advise on your next steps.

The fleecers love these set ups where they can entrap motorists.  It's done quite deliberately.  Absolutely do not appeal.  The PPCs never accept appeals and you would probably throw away your POFA 2012 protection.

I see there is a "Services" sign from the main road so it's obvious a driver would think this is a single area.

The fleecers' shenanigans have never been lawful but a recent government Code of Practice has spelt it out.  Have a look at 3.2 here  https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/private-parking-code-of-practice/private-parking-code-of-practice#signs-and-surface-markings

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

If you complete the Questionnaire linked by LFI it would help, as a 30 minute time limit for whole complex would be ludicros given eat in or takeaway food outlets, as LFI says its NOT POFA compliant so do not appeal

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

Is this the location and plan of the area in the link below?

If so 30 minutes is laughable and likely against any original Planning permission given eat in and takeaway food premises Do the Fleecer's infest the entire site or just the BP? 

Important to know what the entrance to the whole complex says, so Googleeye street view might be a friend initially.

WWW.OPENSTREETMAP.ORG

OpenStreetMap is a map of the world, created by people like you and free to use under an open license.

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

• dx100uk changed the title to MET ANRP PCN - petrol station overstay?

are your number plates one yellow and one white then.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Now these pictures are culled off Googleye Streetview, looks like a one way system, so you have to pass the camera's at image 3 on far right, and access through the BP complex and out following the One Way.  Can you recall if any signs anywhere on the way in mentioning time limits, important as the Streetview images might predate BP employing the fleecer's?

BK.pdf

1 Date of the infringement 8 may 2022

2 Date on the NTK [this must have been received within 14 days from the 'offence' date] 12 may 2022

3 Date received 12 may 2022

4 Does the NTK mention schedule 4 of The Protections of Freedoms Act 2012? [Y/N?] NO

5 Is there any photographic evidence of the event? YES BUT ONLY OF ROUNDABOUT ENTRANCE TO SERVICES AREA AND EXIT, no photos of vehicle at the services centre

6 Have you appealed? [Y/N?] post up your appeal] NO

Have you had a response? [Y/N?] post it up NO

7 Who is the parking company? MET PARKING SERVICES

8. Where exactly [carpark name and town] BP Blue Boys Tonbridge, TN12 7HE

For either option, does it say which appeals body they operate under. POPLA

Thank you all for your quick advices and help, and also for redacting extra parts of the pdf! Yes for the street view images, they seem to be from about 5 years ago so signage might be different now but I can’t really recall anything obvious - would have to drive all the way back.

My understanding is the best thing to do is nothing, right?

yes await if/when they ever send a letter of claim.

ignore everything else

inc powerless DCA's - they are NOT bailiffs on any 'debt'

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Definitely don't appeal, there likely is something wrong if the camera catches people using Burger King as there is only one way in and out so passing MET's camera's is unavoidable potentially.

Ok. There are other parking areas within the complex such as for HGV’s, random spots, some outside m&s too. But as you say all are covered by this single camera at entrance exit near to roundabout. I will ignore it. Thank you all again!!

Yep, ignore the fleecers.

I've done some digging and ... before explaining, do you still have proof of purchase at Burger King?

• Like 1

• dx100uk changed the title to MET ANRP PCN - Burger King - overstay? BP Blue Boys Tonbridge, TN12 7HE

Statement will do just fine so long as the transaction can be verified as BK

It is good that you came to the forum so quickly. It is a self help site contributed to by volunteer members, so it is important that you view similar private parking threads here so as to familiarise yourself with how these fleecers work and avoid making simple mistakes when dealing them. It also helps avoid asking question which have been asked myriad times before.

Although the advice at this stage is to ignore their demands, please keep safe all of the paperwork that you receive as unfortunately they do have 6 years to institute a County Court claim. Alongside ignoring their demands, also never admit to who was driving, or provide an email address to them. (free means of harassing you)

My time as a Police Officer and subsequently time working within the Motor Trade gives me certain insights into the problems that consumers may encounter.

I have no legal qualifications.

If you have found my post helpful, please enhance my reputation by clicking on the Heart. Thank you

Thank you and yes I guess many have asked the same questions before - and that you are all volunteering your help and guidance and time here is really amazing. The power of collective knowledge! I’ll help pass it on.

• Like 1

Given the fleecers refer to the area as "BP Blue Boys" and given there is written here  https://motorwayservices.uk/Tunbridge_Wells

Parking and use of the bp forecourt is limited to 30 minutes maximum stay and is strictly enforced by MET Parking.

what I suspect might have happened is this.

You drove in from the main road, entered the BP part and then exited it a few seconds later.  You parked at Burger King.  Afterwards you once again entered the BP part and left a few seconds later.

But the fleecers cameras are rubbish so have combined the two visits.  This is extremely common in this disgusting industry and has its own name "double dipping".

I therefore suggest that, as well as ignoring the fleecers, you get on to the CEO of BP  https://ceoemail.com/s.php?id=ceo-9499&c=BP Plc-Chief Executive

Explain what happened, that you at no time abused BP's facilities and it is a disgrace you are getting demands for £100 when the driver and their party did nothing wrong.  Attach the proof that you were elsewhere at Burger King.  Demand BP get the fleecers to cancel the invoice.

It might work, you may get nowhere, they could come back and initially fob you off before round two - but it's got to be worth a try.

• I agree 1

It might be that the cameras for the BP part are set up incorrectly and cover the entire access road thereby collaring every vehicle wherever its going on the site not just BP.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Hello - after being away for the summer I’ve returned to three letters. Dated 5 July, second one 27 July and last one 15 august threatening legal action. The latest one gives me seven days which have elapsed as I only returned home today. Please see attached - what advice would be given at this stage? Thank you in advance!

And the latest one attached 

letters.pdf

are any of those a letter of claim from a solicitor?

have you been reading up in the last 2mts .....cag is self help tooo.......

and they

More threatograms not a Letter of Claim