Caught using a Freedom Pass - poss 75 uses

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 671 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

So that could be why they are somewhat confused, as that simple mistake changes the whole tone of everything you say with regard to money, household, future mortgage etc.

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hi All, 

Please see draft 2nd Letter below:

Dear XXX

Thank you for your letter dated……..

I am extremely sorry, and it is with deep remorse that I write this letter, pleading for chance at redemption. I honestly did not the gravity of the situation until after the incident had occurred. I have never been in trouble with the law before I would have never willingly put my family and own future at risk.

I was a naive error in judgment on my part and I truly believe that I am not a danger to the interest of the public and I am now truly aware of the seriousness of the situation.  I would like to again apologise for my regretful actions to all members of staff concerned and to TFL. Since the incident and going forward I have and will travel with a valid ticket always.

A criminal record will have a significant impact on my life and those whom I support. Since the incident my mental health has deteriorated, and I am constantly panicking about my financial wellbeing as I fear that I will almost certainly lose my job and take care of my family. I am very much obliged to make any immediate payment towards all reasonable costs that the TFL deems fit due to my actions. I would wholeheartedly appreciate if I could be given a chance for redemption that will allow me to continue my work and help provide for my mother. 

I understand that fare evasion is a serious matter and hope you will consider settling this matter privately out of court.  

Yours Faithfully,

Grateful, if you could let me have your views. I really terrified of this situation. 

You haven't said what actions you've taken to make sure this doesn't happen again.

And this could be me; see what others think, but it sounds as if you're sorry that you were caught rather than that you decided to use the card.

If you're writing Dear Mr/Ms Smith, you sign it Yours sincerely.

HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

excuse the pers questions but it could help

were you born and raised in this country, is english your 1st language, i have a feeling p'haps neither ?

• Confused 1

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Thanks honeybee 13, I reread the statement and agree, I am coming across like that and that is 100% n or my intention. I am feeling very anxious and it’s proving very difficult to write. I will reword the letter and apply your comments. 

Dx 100uk - I was born in the UK and English is my first language. 

Hi All, 

Please  see updated version: 

Dear XXX

Thank you for your letter dated……..

Firstly, I would like to state for record that I am extremely sorry, and it is with deep remorse that I write this letter, pleading for chance at redemption. I have never been in trouble with the law before, this act of callousness and naivety will put my family and own future at risk.

It was a naive error in judgment on my part and I truly know that I am not a danger to the interest of the public and I am now truly aware of the seriousness of the situation.  I would like to again apologise for my regretful actions to all members of staff concerned and to TFL. Since the incident and I have bought a monthly pass for all my journeys.

A criminal record will have a significant impact on my life and those whom I support. Since the incident my mental health has deteriorated, and I am constantly panicking about my financial wellbeing as I fear that I will almost certainly lose my job and be unable take care of my family. I am very much obliged to make any immediate payment towards all reasonable costs that the TFL deems fit due to my actions. I would wholeheartedly appreciate if I could be given a chance for redemption that will allow me to continue my work and help provide for my mother.

I understand that fare evasion is a serious matter and hope you will consider settling this matter privately out of court. 

Please let me have your feedback and thank you for all the support to date. 

Edited by js8533340

Hi.

I know I'm being picky but some of the language you use isn't what we normally see in Freedom pass cases.

You've mentioned redemption twice and I'm just wondering how you expect TfL to interpret that.

Also, the first sentence of your second paragraph, I'm not sure what you're trying to tell them.

Perhaps  you could tell us more please.

HB

Thanks honeybee13, by redemption, I am requesting the TFL Inspector to save me from the punishment of receiving  a criminal record for my error/lack of judgment in this case. I am finding it hard to write this letter and maybe some of my word choices could be misplaced. 

The first sentence of the second paragraph, I am trying to comment on the point made in the letter ' It is often deemed in the public's interest to bring legal proceedings against those that avoid their fares.' and the second sentence in that paragraph, i am trying to comment on the point 'We Acknowledge your concern with being prosecuted for this offence, however, it is our view that knowing a conviction could effect your career you still made the decision to use the pass and risk my clean record.' 

then your letter needs work IMHO , you also need to mention your mistake by using owner whereby you dont own a home but are its sole earner...

and they

Hi.

This is only my opinion but I still think you need to find a different way to say redemption. To me, it's either paying off a loan or something religious that doesn't necessarily relate to fare evasion.

I also don't agree with saying you aren't a danger to the public interest. As i see it, public interest is in prosecuting people who have misused public money, i.e. money from taxpayers.

And TfL have a point that you say you care deeply about your job and income but still chose to use the Freedom card many, many times. Perhaps you could find an answer to this. I have asked before how you came to ignore the rules about the card when it's meant to be used in conjunction with a photo card belonging to the card owner.

It might help if you try to write in normal English. Nobody is expecting you to sound like a lawyer and it's my view that trying to sound clever can make things more complicated.

Just some thoughts from me.

HB

• I agree 1