Have I done it wrong?

planetman

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5447 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi. My wife and I have put in a claim to Barclays, but I'm a bit concerned that we've gone about it the wrong way. We both have a current account and also we have a joint account. We wrote a joint letter to Barclays asking for our statements for all 3 accounts, and received them with our £10 cheque returned. We then wrote another joint letter asking for the charges back to which my wife has received a reply saying it is being looked into, but I haven't heard back yet. Should we have claimed individually and do we need to start again, or do we continue claiming jointly? If we do need to claim individually, can we just carry on from now onwards with individual claims with separate amounts, or have we messed up?

Regards

Mark

Hello,

good luck with your claims.

Have you put in a claim with the court or just written to the bank, thus far? If you've just sent the preliminary letter I don't think you've done anything wrong.

I suggest it might be easiest to keep track if you split up into the three strands, just cos its easier for everyone (i.e. you and the bank) to keep your head in control of what's happening.

So perhaps when you right the next letter - the 'letter before claim' by the sounds of things, then you should write a different letter for each account. But keep a track of dates and when you sent each. If you're anything like me it's easy to let your timetable slip.

Good luck, go get em

Steve

Hi Planetman,

We combined my husbands account with our joint account and it is going fine at the moment. All the letters we have sent have clearly stated both account numbers etc.

They have acknowledged both accounts but seem to have got themselves in a right pickle about it. I have continued with my steps as it is their problem.

I think they are just in that much of a mess they don't know what one end is doing from the other. Our letters we are receiving back are sometimes addressed to my husband and some to me but never together.

Bless them being so confused!!!

Hit them with it!!!

Laineybelle

• 2 months later...

Well, we are now at the stage to go to court (well, a bit late really), but I am unsure about a couple of things.

1. We were sent a letter from an Alison Follett from Head Office Customer Relations. London E14 5HP offering £1000 (we claimed for £3500). We replied to her saying "give us £2500 and we'll call it quits" but we haven't received a reply. Before that letter we had sent all correspondence to our local branch in Bath. When we file our court claim, what address should we use for Barclays - our local branch or the Head Office address?

2. My wife and I have 4 accounts between us, 2 joint accounts and 2 personal accounts. Up to now we have included all 4 accounts in one letter and both signed the letter. When making the court claim with MoneyClaimOnline, do we have to claim separately or can we make a claim jointly? It looks from the web site that we have to do it separately.

3. At what stage do we have to send all the bank charges spreadsheets to the court? Is it when you first lodge your claim, or do you send them in later?

This taking them to court bit is all a bit scary and daunting and I don't want to mess it all up!

Many thanks

Mark