Victim of identity fraud - PCN in my name - time to appeal expired - enforcement tomorrow

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 686 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, 

I have just received a notice of enforcement from Newlyn explaining that I did not pay a PCN incurred for parking or loading in a restricted street where restrictions were in force and that they will seize my goods tomorrow if I don't pay the amount now. However, (i) I have not received any notice relating to the PCN as I think that they were sent to my old address (I wasn't living in the country at the time of the contravention) and (ii) the offences were not committed by me (someone has stolen my identity and hired cars in my name). 

I have called Waltham Forest council (the council who issued the notices) and they have explained that they can't halt or pause enforcement now that they have escalated it to the TEC and it has gone to the bailiffs and that my only cause of action is to submit TE7 and TE9 forms. However, I did this previously when I received a notice of enforcement from a different local authority (same situation as here) and I recall someone mentioning that I would have been better not to file the forms (after I had already done so). As such, I just wanted to check whether people thought filing the TE7 and TE9 forms asap was the best course of action? 

Thanks

I feel so sorry for you as this is getting very stupid IMO.

File what ever you need to but l also would look at seeing who else you can get involved EG the local councillors, MP, Press.

OFT debt collection guidance

Please remember the only stupid question is the one you dont ask so dont worry about asking the stupid questions.

Essex girl in pc world looking 4 curtains 4 her pc,the assistant says u dont need curtains 4 a computer!!Essex girl says,''HELLOOO!! i,ve got WINDOWS!!'.

As this is a different Penalty Charge Notice, a further Out of Time Applications needs to be submitted. 

You need to ask Waltham Forest for the vehicle registration number of the vehicle involved in this particular contravention.

You also need to ask them to provide a copy of the vehicle Hire Agreement that should have been provided to them by the hire company. 

Lastly, you should ask the council to confirm what address their initial notices had been sent to. 

Would be interesting to know how come these hire companies can get away with so little info on the hirer. 

OFT debt collection guidance

Please remember the only stupid question is the one you dont ask so dont worry about asking the stupid questions.

Essex girl in pc world looking 4 curtains 4 her pc,the assistant says u dont need curtains 4 a computer!!Essex girl says,''HELLOOO!! i,ve got WINDOWS!!'.

Thank you Bailiff Advice, I have submitted the forms.

The hire agreement will likely be from the same company as previously but I can ask it for it again.

I've asked re the address the notices were sent to and they were sent to my old address.

I mentioned this on my forms and provided evidence that I was out of the country with work.