Have RLP ACTUALLY taken you to court? Retail Loss Prevention Civil Recovery

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 713 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all

I see a lot of people advising that RLP wont ever actually take you to court, what I'm wondering is:

Is this legit advice from someone who's been there or just people sharing theories? 

Have YOU ever been taken to court by RLP

Do they really do it? 

I am in receipt of, what is now my second letter and now threatening court action.

Honestly, I don't care if RLP keep writing me hostile letters. 

What I care about is the potential for CCJ's and or debt collector, because I don't want any negative affects on my credit report.

I've spent the last 6 years living under the dark cloud of a debt relief order and really don't need any more hits to my credit rating.

That said, I literally do not have the money they are demanding.

If I had such money, obviously I would not have stolen in the first place, but as all goods were fully recovered in saleable condition, I don't really feel like the demand of nearly £200 is fair or necessary.

I know it's a deterrent, but I am sufficiently deterred already.

The original value of goods was about £50.

So, did RLP take you to court?

If you received a summons from them I'd really love to hear all about it. 

Many thanks. 

you ignore them totally 

there are no rlp court cases since the majorly lost over 10yrs ago.

stop reading their stupid letters

shred them.

and no DCA's, whom are totally legally powerless anyway and are NOT BAILIFFs on ANY debt - no matter what it's type - don't touch these fleccers and their outlandish claims with a barge pole either.

dx

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

They had a hammering in court where the judge dissected their inflated claims for money as ludicrous, the "Oxford case"  this BBC article gives some details as to why they should be ignored they are not squeaky clean of themselves.  They also were mentioned in Parliament in June 2012 by Dennis McShane MP

"In a debate in Parliament on Tuesday on the defamation Bill, Denis MacShane MP criticised the recent actions of RLP and Schillings.

He attacked the law firm for ''showering defamation writs'' on consumer groups.

And he described the civil recovery business as an ''extremely unpleasant practice'' and a ''£15m racket''."

WWW.BBC.CO.UK

A firm that sues shoplifters on behalf of retailers accuses a Citizens Advice Bureau official of organising a campaign of harassment against it.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

If I recall correctly they used to say on their website that they had taken claims to court successfully but on investigation it turned out that in all the cases the person RLP took action action against had ignored the court papers and not engaged with the process at all so RLP had won by default without any actual court hearing. Sorry I can't remember where I read that so can't link to anything specific.  So never ignore actual letters before action or court papers if you ever you receive them.

EDIT Noting dx's post below, I should have said RLP claimed that stores had taken people to court to recover the costs that RLP say are payable, not that RLP themselves had issued claims. From a quick lool at RLP's website it appears those cases are no longer quoted.

• Like 1

RLP/DWF cannot issue court papers nor can RLP sent a letter of claim

they are not the 'debt owner' nor a solicitor.

only the store can issue those, and no store has done that since the famous oxford case

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Exactly DX and as Ethel pointed out the page ling to those cases allegedly won has been vaped.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

No 

They are not interested in small fish 

Only the professional shoplifters and organised crime gangs 

Forget all about it 

Dx

• Thanks 1

and they