Evri Missing Parcel ***Settled Mediation***

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 651 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all

I am another one that has been caught up in this monstrous company. 

Quick outline. i sent a parcel through Evri I declared what was in the parcel and the value but did not take the extra insurance out.

Parcel arrived at destination was marked 09.29am as with your courier and then at 09.29 We are sorry we are unable to deliver your parcel today. We are working to get it on it's way.....

After lots of trying to get help I emailed the CEO and was told the items in the parcel have been lost. 

Several emails later this is where I am at. I now plan to take them to the small courts. I have read several posts and have found them extremely helpful. i would be grateful if someone could read over my LBA

May 5th 2022

Dear Evri/EVRi Parcelnet Limited,

Re: item lost in network – Olpro Awning
Reference:
??????????????
Parcel ID: ??????????????

I posted my item Olpro Awning on 19.04.2022 using your next day delivery. My item has not been delivered and subsequently has been found as being lost in your Evri/EVRi network.

A Claim form for the sum of £201.69 the price I paid for the awning plus a further £11.87 for postage has been filled in on 03.05.2022. Total amount of compensation £213.56

On 04.05.2022  I received a response from your company - stating that you are only happy to pay me £20.00 compensation and £11.47 postage.

I rejected your offer on the 04/05/2022

On the 05/05/2022 you offered to pay me £20.00 compensation, £11.87 postage and a further £25.00 as a goodwill gesture.

On the 05/05/2022 I once again rejected your offer

It is your responsibility to deliver my parcel as per contract agreement between myself - the sender, and your (Evri/EVRi Parcelnet Limited) delivery company. 

Your insurance requirement against your company's negligence and failure to delivery my item - is an unfair term and is unenforceable.

I am once again requesting a full refund of the item price of £201.69 + £11.87 delivery fee (total: £213.56).

If I do not receive a satisfactory response from you within 14 days of the date of this letter, I intend to issue proceedings against you in the county court without further notice.

Please let me know if this is okay to send? 

Hi again I have slightly changed my letter. This is what I intend to send. Would be grateful for any feedback.

Ms *******

09/05/2022 

Dear Evri Parcelnet Limited, 

Re: Item missing/stolen in network – Olpro Awning 

Reference: **********

Parcel ID: ***********

I posted my item Olpro Awning on 19.04.2022 using your next day delivery to a UK address. My item has not been delivered and subsequently has been found as being missing/stolen in your Evri network. 

A Claim Form for the sum of £201.69 the price I paid for the awning plus a further £11.87 for postage has been filled in on 03.05.2022 after you advised me that the package was damaged and the contents missing. Total amount of compensation £213.56. 

On the 05/05/2022 you offered to pay me £20.00 compensation, £11.87 postage and a further £25.00 as a goodwill gesture. I rejected your offer on the 05/05/2022.

It is your responsibility to deliver my parcel as per contract agreement between myself - the sender, and your (Evri Parcelnet Limited) delivery company. 

Your insurance requirement against your company's negligence and failure to delivery my item - is an unfair term and is unenforceable. 

I am once again requesting a full refund of the item price of £201.69 + £11.87 delivery fee (Total: £213.56).  

If I do not receive a satisfactory response from you within 14 days, I intend to issue proceedings against you in the county court without further notice. I will also be asking for any court fees. and any further costs incurred to myself. 

Yours Faithfully  

• 3 weeks later...

My money claim is due to be submitted in a couple of days.

I have been reading up on what to expect and how to fill in the money claim online. If anyone can have a look at what I am thinking of sending that would be helpful.

The defendant is a parcel delivery company Evri Parcelnet Limited.
Parcel reference no:.....

On 19/04/2022 the defendant agreed to deliver the next day the claimant's parcel containing a campervan awning, value £201.69, to an address in the UK. The delivery fee of £11.87 was paid by the claimant.

The defendant failed to deliver the parcel and have reported it as parcel damaged and contents missing on 03/05/2022.

The defendants have refused to reimburse me for the awning on the basis that I did not purchase their additional insurance cover.

The defendant' s requirement that the customer should protect themselves against the negligence or criminality of their employees is unfair within the meaning of the Consumer Rights Act 2015 and therefore unenforceable.

My claim is for £213.56 plus interest per section 69 County Courts act 1984+ court fees

• 1 month later...

Mediation booked for Wednesday 13th July

incorrect defendant name on defence form ... Evri stated 

2.4. 3. On or around 19 April 2022, the Claimant entered into an agreement with the Defendant for the use of its myHermes delivery service. The agreement was governed by the Defendant’s standard Terms and Conditions (the “Contract”)

Does this matter?

No. Think they've tried this before, that's why they changed name 

Dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

So today I had the mediation. Here is a quick run down of what happened. Total claim £246.87

Mediator called at 9.05am introduced herself asked if I was willing to be flexible with the process to which I told her yes I would be by not taking this to court and not asking for the daily interest to be paid.

Mediator asked for a brief description to what happened to which I told her booked and paid for a parcel to be delivered the following day, dropped parcel off at parcel shop it was collected and in transit 2 days later parcel tracking not updated, Contacted CEO and was offered £20 compensation plus postage.

The mediator put me on hold while she spoke to Evri when she returned she told me Evri were willing to offer me £184.37 as I had not taken the extra insurance they offer they believed that was a fair offer to which I refused on the basis that the extra insurance is not enforceable.

Again I was put on hold while mediator spoke with Evri when she returned offer was £204.37 again I refused stating that I did not expect a delivery company to damage or steal my parcel it was wrongful interference of my goods. 

Mediator once again put me on hold for a few minutes later she returned saying Evri are now offering £229.37 she told me they are offering the full value of the item plus postage and half the court fee. I accepted at this price as I see it as win for me.

In all the mediation took 42 minutes.

I would like to say a big thank you to everyone on this forum as if it wasn't for you I would not of pursued this as I wouldn't of known where to start.

• Like 1

Glad CAG helped and everything was here for you to read and follow.

Well done on your win 

Please don't forget to donate if you can 

The advice we offer is free 

We are volunteers and don't get paid 

But our hosting etc costs us .

Thank you 

Dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• AndyOrch changed the title to Evri Missing Parcel ***Settled Mediation***