DPD lied about delivery twice, damaged the item and @SamsungUK support are useless

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 716 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Can anyone help? I don't know what to do.

I ordered a new TV on 16th April, for delivery on Saturday 23rd April. I was in all day, refreshing the tracking and looking out for the driver.

I got a notification saying 'Sorry we missed you'. I was frustrated with this as I was actively looking out for this delivery. The photo the driver "Shah" took was of a brick wall, my property is white, it wasn't even my property!

The tracking then said it would be delivered on Sunday 24th April. Then the same thing happened but this time the driver "Tomas" took a black photo covering the camera. I phoned DPD and they called the driver, who gave a poor excuse. I was told this would be escalated to the local depot manager. 

I called DPD and Samsung multiple times, spending hours on the phone trying to get this TV delivered. The local DPD depot manager called and after a long conversation I was basically told "despite the drivers being in the wrong there's nothing she can do" apart from putting in a complaint.

I was promised multiple times by Samsung it would be delivered after 5 during the week (as I work during the week and wouldn't be home). Twice during the week, DPD sent me a timeslots saying 'it will be delivered during 1pm-2pm'. After many more calls to Samsung, DPD delivered my TV on Saturday 30th April, a week late. 

When it arrived, the box was pretty beaten up. Clearly this must because of the amount of vans the TV had been loaded on and off during the week.

The TV looked fine but it wasn't until I turned on the TV and watched it I noticed the screen didn't look right, it looked cloudy when it was dark scenes. I then noticed a crack in the corner of the TV frame. Looking at the box again, it was clear it had been dropped on the top corner of the box as this was the same place as the crack.

Samsung told me they will collect and replace it (but not until they have checked the damage...). I was told they will only collect Mon-Fri 9am-5pm.  The person I spoke to was not listening to a word I was saying, and proceeded to book a collection tomorrow (Wed 4 May) and would "request after 5" and "I will be contacted" but after my experience of trying to get DPD to deliver after 5, I know for a fact they will not collect after 5.

I got an email from DPD saying they will be with me tomorrow between 9 and 5, I will be at work so 🤷‍♂️

I called again today (45 minutes of my life wasted) as I've still not been contacted regarding collection after 5. Needless to say, they were not helpful. He is going to "follow this up" and contact me via email with an update, he also informed me that the department is currently handing a "large number of tickets".

The DPD collection is still apparently booked for tomorrow... I told them that I am only available after 5 during the working week or weekend, but again fell on deaf ears. 

I am getting incredibly frustrated and I don't know what to do. DPD has caused this problem with their poor service, and Samsung need to fix this but I can't get past their call centre. I have logged so many complaints now and never hear anything back.

All I want is: DPD to collect this TV at my convenience and Samsing to send me a working TV, is this too much to ask?

Can anyone suggest what I can do?

Thanks

on goody 

section 75 applies

nice one homer67

• Like 1

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

26 minutes ago, dx100uk said:

on goody 

section 75 applies

nice one homer67

This makes me feel a lot better! I always knew I should only use my credit card online, it might actually pay off this time.

I'll keep trying to resolve with Samsung, but it's good to know about section 75 if I'm unable to resolve the problem.

• Like 1