CRS using my family email AD and sending me personal debt details of someone's debt not a part of our family.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 687 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

About 6 weeks ago I got a random email from Credit resource solutions. It was sent to my family email address and it was addressed for someone else!

It said on the bottom of the email something along the lines of reply back to this email if you're not the intended recipient and delete this email.

I did this, then a week later I got virtually the same email for the same person again!

For a second time I replied back with the same message and deleted the email. A third email appeared a few days later!

Frustrated at this point as it seemed that I couldn't get these people to understand via email I clicked on the company's logo in the email and it put me through to some portal asking for date of birth and other details. 

I left this blank and clicked verify. 

It went to another page saying it was unable to verify who I was and asked for some more personal information which I left blank and clicked verify again.

Incredibly, despite not putting in any details I was suddenly at a page detailing how much this person owed on a debt 

I took screenshots of all of this by the way as I was shocked.

Last week yet another email but this time with a statement of this person's account including his name and address!

I deleted this as it's not mine but today yet another email!

These guys seem relentless and even worse they are sending emails to the wrong person despite me responding back that they have the wrong email address!

I feel sorry for the person who owes the debt as they have no clue as to what's going on and don't realise that a company is giving out personal information.

Is there any way of stopping these people as they don't seem to understand my emails 

• dx100uk changed the title to CRS using my family email AD and sending me personal debt details of someone's debt not a part of our family.

CRS are one of the worst organised fleecers out there.

the simplest way is to use your online email web portal and block/bounce their email ad.

if you want to take this further report them to the ICO.

• Like 2

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight...