International dispute

Forres

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5517 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Can anyone advise here. I have a close friend who went to work as a manager in hospital in Abu Dhabi. The hospital sponsored her for loan so she could furnish her apartment etc with HSBC.

It turns out the hospital was corrupt and was extorting money out of western employees and forcing people to sign agreemnets so the big chief could get money out of them.

My friend new what was coming to her and refused to sign any money to her boss and in the end fled the country and came back to the UK.

Now that leaves an outstanding debt with HSBC for around £3000 and they obviously want their money back.

What I would like to know is if this was signed under Abu Dhabi law can this be recovered through the courts in this country? Is it with in their duristiction? I know its also a matter she should take up with her former employers but can anyone advise?

Guest willowb

Forres, if you don't get a response here I suggest you post this in 'legalities' or in the 'general' section of the forum.

Sorry I can't help but maybe someone with far greater knowledge then I (and there are plently of them here!!) can:)

Wxxx