Euro car parks ANPR PCN - overstay - Sussex House, Crawley, 100 Pegler Way, High street, RH10 1BZ. (Was a Morrisons)

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 726 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Parking charge at Sussex house in Crawley. 

it says the length of stay was longer than advertised and that it is private land and managed by euro car parts. 

has anyone had a similar ticket? It says if I pay by 5th may it goes down to £60 from £100

i wasn’t driving at the time but I am the registered keeper, my mother who was says she didn’t see anything to suggest she couldn’t park there. 

Has anyone had a charge from here?

Do I legally have to pay and if not do I have good ground not to pay as I think it’s ridiculous 

Edited by dx100uk
FINE changed to charge

Hello, welcome to CAG.

Please let us have the information requested in the forum sticky, then we can start advising you. Don't appeal or start correspondence with the PPC, let us have a look first. Even then, we hardly ever advise to appeal.

Best, HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

Welcome to the forum. We cannot say for sure whether the PCN will have to be paid. It depends on many things, such as how long was the overstay, how clear was the signage, is the PCN compliant with the Protection of Freedoms Act, what does the contract say etc.etc.

The car parking community rarely get everything right so there is a good chance that it may not have to be paid. If you could please complete the questionnaire above and do not appeal the PCN as you are already in a pretty strong position as you were not the driver. Do not reveal the person's name  who was driving.

Also you need to get this fact straight in your mind, its NOT a Fine, its an invoice for breaching a contract they allege they have with you for you or someone using your car daring to park on land they infest.  Fines are from magistrates Court, these are civil actions in Contract law, so not ever criminal, a Fine is a criminal punishment.

• Like 1

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

• dx100uk changed the title to Euro car parks ANPR PCN - overstay - Sussex House Crawley

For PCN's received through the post [ANPR camera capture]

(must be received within 14 days from the Incident)

Please answer the following questions.

1 Date of the infringement 12th April 2022

2 Date on the NTK [this must have been received within 14 days from the 'offence' date] 21st April 2022

[scan up BOTH SIDES as ONE PDF- follow the upload guide]

please do not put JPG Picture files into your post

3 Date received 27th April 2022

4 Does the NTK mention schedule 4 of The Protections of Freedoms Act 2012? [Y/N?] Y

5 Is there any photographic evidence of the event? Just a picture of my vehicle registration

6 Have you appealed? [Y/N?] post up your appeal] N

Have you had a response? [Y/N?] post it up N/A

7 Who is the parking company? Euro Car Parks

8. Where exactly [carpark name and town] Sussex House, Crawley, 100 Pegler Way, High street, RH10 1BZ. (Was previously Morrisons however not anymore)

For either option, does it say which appeals body they operate under.

BPA 

I only took a picture of one side, the other side is at home will do this tonight when i return from work

I also noticed on 'Parkopedia' if I do parking at this location for 3 hours it says free (pdf attached).

The person driving was there for less than 3.. not sure how much weight this carries mind

pegler.pdf

You mention a change from Morrisons.  Do you know when that happened, more or less?

I ask as IIRC there is something in the new government Code of Practise that, when a PPC takes over a car park, they have to show warning signs of the change of management for a period so regulars don't get caught out with the new regulations.  You can be damn sure the fleecers won't have done this.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

I believe it was late in 2019 early 2020 so has been a while. It wasn’t me driving so I don’t really know what the signage is like now but according to the driver she couldn’t see anything

Ridiculous really but what I don’t want to do is wait till the charge goes up and have to pay it anyway

• dx100uk changed the title to Euro car parks ANPR PCN - overstay - Sussex House, Crawley, 100 Pegler Way, High street, RH10 1BZ. (Was a Morrisons)

you dont pay it regardless.

its a speculative invoice NOT A FINE.

nothing anyone can do to make you pay it, only a judge can force you to do that.....

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

The PCN has to arrive within 14 days of the incident. In light of the date of the PCN [which at the moment cannot be corroborated] the letter should have arrived within the correct time taking into account that the Law allows two working days so it will have been deemed to arrive in time. 

However once you post up the PCN we can then see if there are other reasons why the PCN is not compliant . If it is not compliant then you as the keeper cannot be made to pay the PCN. And trying to find out who the driver was will be so difficult but we do need to see the PCN.