Jump to content

Concerned about my father’s estate


style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 112 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then


Please click the "Report " link


at the bottom of one of the posts.


If you want to post a new story then


Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 



Recommended Posts

My father passed away last August 2021. He owned a house with his wife of 30 years and recently inherited a large sum of money from his sister.

His wife says that Dad left everything to her and the house will go to her 2 daughters when she passes. 


Dad has said many times, including shortly before his passing, that his money, and his share of the house, would be shared between me and my 2 siblings. He asked that his wife be allowed to live in the house until she passed, if she wanted to. Because of how he was treated regarding his father’s Estate, many years ago, he was adamant that we would inherit and not his wife’s children.


I have asked for a copy of the Will and she answered ‘he left me everything’ and refuses to discuss it.
I have been checking the Probate website but it hasn’t gone to Probate yet. 
Does anyone know why it could be delayed? 

I’ve contacted the Solicitors she said she used for Dad’s Estate and unsurprisingly they won’t discuss anything with me suggesting I seek my own legal advice. 
Would I be able to get Legal Aid for this?






Link to post
Share on other sites



I know you have stated you checked the Probate website but did you have a good read of it as you can:



Search online for a will, grant of representation or probate document for a death in or after 1858


I quote this part of the above link:



If the person died in the last 6 months

Probate may not have been granted yet. You can use form PA1S to ask to be sent a copy of a probate if it’s granted in the next 6 months. This is called a ‘standing search’. It costs £3.


You can extend the standing search after 6 months.


Have you done the above (bear in mind the their is a cost)?


As for Legal Aid it depends on your circumstances have a look at this link:



Legal aid helps pay for legal advice, mediation or representation in court - see if you can claim



How to Upload Documents/Images on CAG - **INSTRUCTIONS CLICK HERE**

FORUM RULES - Please ensure to read these before posting **FORUM RULES CLICK HERE**

I cannot give any advice by PM - If you provide a link to your Thread then I will be happy to offer advice there.

I advise to the best of my ability, but I am not a qualified professional, benefits lawyer nor Welfare Rights Adviser.

Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Link to post
Share on other sites


  • Recently Browsing   0 Caggers

    • No registered users viewing this page.

  • Have we helped you ...?

  • Create New...