Noel Vs Hsbc.

noel

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5398 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Just finished my Preliminary approach letter & spread sheet(never thought I would get there),to be posted tommorow. Computers not my best area,plenty of help from teenage Daughter. Hope my calculations are correct,Look forward to seeing our money back where it belongs.

Any help appreciated, Thank you to Claire.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

welcome to the site - sounds like you've got everything in order - yeah, teenagers have their advantages (knew that ict would come in handy), i've got one too.

recorded delivery always.

also, make sure you keep copies of everything for future reference.

use this thread as a sort of diary to make notes of any contact or whatever else goes on.

did you include overdraft interest? the spreadsheets do all the work.

let us know how you are getting on and ask if you have specific questions. the answers are all in the faqs but sometimes you need the human (cyber) touch.

good luck with your claim - plan on some extra dosh around feb.

forgive me if i insult you here - but so many have problems understanding the difference between the overdraft interest which you can add by using the spreadsheet to your amount you are asking back and the 8% (or contractual if you go that route) interest which is not added on until you actually file your claim with the court. so, are we talking the same language here? we are talking overdraft interest which the England - Advanced - Excel worked out for you. you will be using the same spreadsheet again - different tab at the bottom when you need to work out your 8% interest to add when you file your mcol.

i just like people to get all their charges back. so is that what you did?

sorry for delay, just got in from work.

I went on Vampiress site & used England & Wales Simple version 3a before court without interest. The interest I put onto speadsheet was listed on the bank statements as interest.

noel, if i may: that overdraft interest needs to be worked out using the other spreadsheet. i have written an easy to follow set of instructions for doing the whole thing - honestly - you'll be able to do it quite easily. just go to this link - post #9 on honey's thread:HONEYGIE sees you HSBC! (multipage.gif1 2).

have a look and see if it helps..........

if your overdraft interest is very small, you may decide not to claim for it - it which case you have used the correct spreadsheet. as an example - my claim was around 1500, charges going back over the full 6 years, and the o/d interest after putting it through the s/s added about 350 to the claim. which obviously bumped the claim up so it was more when adding the 8% at court stage.

just giving you a choice.

Help.Confused,

:-? I spent most of yesterday entering info onto spread sheet.

I must have got it wrong, fiigures read Total claim 167,227.24 Total amounts 1969.50 & on the right at top of sheet reads (169,196.74).

noel, i'm happy to try and help - my beginners guide (i stopped calling it my idiot's guide - afraid someone might take offense) is in the link above:

here it is again - just click and read. print it off if it helps - but honestly i've had a good few who cracked it using this:HONEYGIE sees you HSBC! (multipage.gif1 2). post number 9. get back if you need help.

i'd start over - make sure you are using the right spreadsheet and that the right date is at the top, just do it again, if it doesn't come out this time - i'll get someone to contact you here or by pm. start with the oldest charge and work forward - charges on the left - interest on the right - anything with a DR nexxt to it. try it once more.

England - Advanced - Excel

England - Advanced - Works

I used the second link by Michael, the first one didn't work.

I sent my Prelim approach letter & wrong spreadsheet (inncorrect Figures),On the14 Dec. Received letter from bank saying they are Investigating.

Can I send another letter to replace/explain my mistake,with new figures ?

I have received a letter from Service Quality Officer "Thank you for letter. Looking into the matters & will contact you with a full response as soon as I have completed my investigations."

I'm about to send lba, do you still word it " I am very disappointed you have failed to respond to my letter" ?

Is this letter the usual or is this a new response ?

Thank you.

you could just add "with an offer of settlement"

we've seen this letter a lot lately - i think they are making an attempt to make contact - which is a good thing - but it still strongly smells of the old stalling tactics dressed up a bit. just proceed with your timetable as laid out in the step by steps.

• Haha 1