Roadstar, Coventry - Maserati replaced the cluster & odometer but can't correct my mileage. - help

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 735 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

In 2019 I bought a Maserati from Roadstar, Coventry. It was 2.5 years old and still under warranty.

3 years later the car had 41500 miles on the clock.

Recently the battery was replaced by a garage, and the odometer unfortunately reset to zero as well as developing other cluster issues.

I sent the car to Maserati, who have replaced the cluster (for £2800), but are not prepared to set the mileage to what it should be because the old cluster part number does not match the chassis number.

They say that they cannot correct the mileage because they can't be sure the mileage on the old cluster was right, so the cluster has been left at close to zero. The only thing Maserati say they can do is give me a disclaimer letter explaining the situation so it will be legal to resell.

I was planning on selling the car before this trouble for between 20k and 23k, but now I'm sure no-one would touch it even though it is legal to buy.

I As a trading company I suspect Roadstar are legally responsible.

Can you tell me whether  this is the case, and on what legal basis, anyone?

Thanks for your support!

• dx100uk changed the title to Roadstar, Coventry - they replaced my Maserati odometer but can't correct my mileage. - help

the covering letter should cover you OK.

the MOT history online will show the true mileage before the change to anyone wanting proof etc etc

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Thanks for the replies. The title has subsequently but changed incorrectly. Roadstar didnt change the cluster.. that was a Maserati main dealership. Roadstar sold me the car in 2019.

Also, no point in checking mot history. It was only 2.5y old when I got it so there wasn't any history.

• dx100uk changed the title to Roadstar, Coventry - Maserati replaced the cluster & odometer but can't correct my mileage. - help

Sorry title sorted 

I would hope the covering letter should be enough evidence for any purchaser,

did you pay the £2800?. You should have had too IMHO, that's roadstars bill..

Dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Yes, the constant changing of titles is confusing.

When I had a car that needed the odometer changed several years ago, I kept all the paperwork to show the recorded mileage at the time the vehicle went in for the work, and also a clear record of what had been done leading the the mileage being reset to zero. That car was also too new to have had an MOT test.

Just Google 'Mileage Correction' near where you are. Its fairly easy to do. Within an hour your mileage will be correct.

No need for all those pesky checks.

All legal and above board.

H

44 years at the pointy end of the motor trade. :eek:

GARUDALINUX.ORG

Garuda Linux comes with a variety of desktop environments like KDE, GNOME, Cinnamon, XFCE, LXQt-kwin, Wayfire, Qtile, i3wm and Sway to choose from.