Warning from TFL

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 694 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...
8 hours ago, BazzaS said:

No one would ever get prosecuted if:

a) They accepted that prosecution would have a disproportionate effect,

b) for someone who MIGHT consider (let alone actually then CHOOSE) a career where a conviction might be a bar.

There is also an alternative viewpoint they might take : if your career choice is so dependant on a clear eDBS, then the answer isn’t to offend and then plead for mercy, but instead : don’t commit the offence.

So:

a) make it much more firm WHY you need a clear eDBS, and stress

b) it was a single occurrence, out of character.

This, of course, relies on your stated comment that this was a one-off, although the fact that you initially lied about your identity too won’t help you pleading your case.

9 hours ago, Waterbottl said:

Hi, I received an email today from TFL stating that they are not persuaded that in my case there are any exceptional circumstances that would persuade them to discontinue a prosecution.

Namely that I didn’t provide any evidence for a criminal record affecting my career choice as a teacher and now I don’t know what to do. 

You can ask the employer to write a letter stating that if you get a criminal record, they will fire you

Which employer?

the OP doesn’t have one that requires an eDBS yet, nor even an intended one, from what they have posted!

So, who are they asking to write that letter?

”Hello, firm that doesn’t employ me as a teacher.

I was fare-dodging, so please can you write me a letter saying that you wouldn’t employ me if I got prosecuted, even though you don’t employ me as a teacher, and I’m not yet even sure I want to be a teacher” isn’t likely to result in a letter to send to TfL as ‘evidence’.

Edited by BazzaS

Sorry I thought you had a job and you had an employer.

If you have long-term illness such as high blood pressure, you can tell them that prosecution could negatively affect your health because it can make your blood pressure higher or lower than normal.

Bazzas is not the thread starter.

As for exasperating medical issues by getting a prosecution...i suspect that when skyward everytime they fraudulently used the card knowing it was 'wrong' to do do.......

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Yes, I know it was a big mistake.

On 20/04/2022 at 01:29, BazzaS said:

Which employer?

the OP doesn’t have one that requires an eDBS yet, nor even an intended one, from what they have posted!

So, who are they asking to write that letter?

”Hello, firm that doesn’t employ me as a teacher.

I was fare-dodging, so please can you write me a letter saying that you wouldn’t employ me if I got prosecuted, even though you don’t employ me as a teacher, and I’m not yet even sure I want to be a teacher” isn’t likely to result in a letter to send to TfL as ‘evidence’.

You should apologize to them and

don't do it again. Be honest about that.

I’m not the thread starter / facing prosecution, so do you mean I should apologise?

or the thread starter (‘original poster’ / OP) should?

if you are advising the OP to apologise / not do it again / be honest:

a) They’ve already apologised

b) They had that advice already.

So, it looks like you are both

i) confusing who you are replying to, and

ii) offering advice that has already been given.

It’d be more useful if you read the thread (or at least make more of an effort to look like you’d read and understood the thread) before replying.

Edited to add: you have your own thread where you were stopped.

https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/448181-freedom-pass-misuse-help/#comment-5162719

maybe you’d like to add on there how things are going for you?

• 4 weeks later...

Read the thread and it’ll tell you what happened.

I’m still not the person facing prosecution, and I don’t know why you’ve quoted my post!

you’ve also not updated your own thread at:

https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/448181-freedom-pass-misuse-help/#comment-5162719

So,

1) update your own thread

2) read the threads before randomly replying quoting the wrong person.

CAG is a self-help site.

you are neither helping yourself, nor helping waterbottl, the OP on this thread.

Edited by BazzaS

Hi jacking posts in another thread moved to your own exist ing thread

please post only here now @Vdto0o

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hi all

I have a problem.

3 month ago I got caught because I used grandmother's freedom Oyster card by mistake only once.

I received letter they asked me to reply with in 10 day, then I sent email and I explained that I use it by mistake 

2 weeks ago I received email (they dispose of this matter by means of a warning)

I am worried now, because I am not sure if this warning affect my citizenship application, and not sure if I have to declare this warning.

Please help me, and sorry for my bad English. 

no its only a warning.

you made an honest mistake

they recognised this.

slap on wrist naughty human being...

we all make mistakes said the dalek climbing off the dustbin.

forget about it.

and WELL DONE!!

dx

and they

• dx100uk changed the title to Used G'Ma's Freedom pass once by mistake - given TfL warning Letter - will this hurt my Citizenship Application?

Thanks, I am worried because on the citizenship application they ask if I received warning, I am not sure if TFL warning this the same police warning or not?? 

no it is not.

dx

• Thanks 1

and they

Hello all
I received warning letter from TFL because I use freedom oyster card by mistake. 

TFL mentioned in the email   "I have taken into consideration all the facts of this case and the public interest
and have decided on this occasion, and without creating a precedent, to dispose of this matter by means of a warning.
Although this warning is not a criminal conviction Transport for London will retain a record and it will be taken into account in any decision to bring a criminal prosecution against you, should you be reported for a similar offence within the next 12 months."

Does this warning letter affect my citizenship application? 
Does any one had the same letter and affect citizenship application or not??   

That's a great result Vdto, well done on pleading your case!!

This will not affect any applications because nothing will go on the record outside of Tfl, it's simply a warning, essentially you can forget about it, move on and be more careful in future as dx says above. We all make mistakes

CAG Site Team and Forum Helpers are unpaid volunteers

Over the years CAG has probably helped hundreds of thousands of people, only a small number of people come back and let us know what happened or to say thank you

and an even smaller number of people ever think to make a donation.

If you are able, without leaving yourself short, consider donating, all donations go towards Site hosting and maintenance - help us stay live for future people in need.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

Essential Reading: Dealing with Customer Service