ECP PCN - Wrong Reg - Brockhill County Park, Hythe

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 736 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I'm asking on behalf of my daughter who made a mistake in the letters on a parking ticket and has been accused of not paying to park. She has appealed and didn't hear anything back but has today received this 

She is adamant she is not paying the fine as she has proof that she paid to park but just mixed up the letters. 

PCN.pdf

Edited by FTMDave
Personal details showing

You need to remove that upload, it has names and reference numbers all over it, you MUST blank them all out.

It's not a FINE, it's simply an invoice.

When you say 'made a mistake on the ticket' do you mean simply entered the wrong reg number?

Does she still have the receipt for parking? Or at least have proof she paid?

These clowns are on a hiding to nowhere, I sincerely hope she didn't appeal using her name?

Ignore them for now, plenty of other members with solid advice will be along shortly, but there's absolutely nothing to worry about regarding private parking companies and powerless DCA's especially DR Plus.

Edited by Bazooka Boo

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

I've converted the image to PDF and removed your daughter's name, the vehicle reg and the fleecers' reference number - best to keep the charlatans guessing.

As Bazooka Boo says, it's an invoice, not a fine, with no more legal weight that an invoice from Amazon for buying a book.

Legally your daughter is completely in the right.  Getting the reg number wrong is "de minimis" ("the law does not deal with trivialities").  Years back the private parking companies took a few motorists to court in such cases - and got a complete hammering from judges.

What they tend to do now is send out their "threatening" letters, but then run away when the motorist tells them to do their worst at the Letter of Claim stage.

On top of "de minimis" there is a new government code of practice out which states the fleecers mustn't pursue motorists in these cases, but being spivs they are still trying it on.

Edited by FTMDave
Typo
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

• FTMDave changed the title to ECP PCN - Brockhill County Park, Hythe

Yes she swapped 2 letter round, she still has the ticket as proof. She did appeal in her name yes. 

Thank you. I was struggling to convert it to a PDF and my computer whizz youth is still in bed. 🤣 

I was pretty sure she was right to not pay it but wanted to check just in case, don't want to steer her in the wrong direction.

I will pass on your reply to her.

• dx100uk changed the title to ECP PCN - Wrong Reg - Brockhill County Park, Hythe

Yes, no worries, she can ignore the daft letters they will continue to send out.

If they send her a Letter of Claim though she needs to come here.  That is the proper threat of legal action.  In reply we send a version of the letter in post 14 here  https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/435008-smartcst-anpr-pcn-paploc-wrong-reg-hardwick-road-stockton-on-tees/#comment-5111577  On every single occasion after the receiving the letter, the PPCs have crawled back under their stone.

Well done her on hanging on to the receipt.

In future never appeal.  As you & she can see, the PPCs never, ever accept appeals, and usually the fleecers' work is done for them as someone admits they were the driver thus throwing away legal protection under POFA 2012.  Not that that seriously undermines your daughter's case.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Thank you I will forward this on to her. She would pop in herself but has a 4 year old and a 2 year old so is pretty busy. They all just had covid too so it's been full on for her, he husband is a teacher so he's had it 3 times so far.

read upload

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

3 hours ago, Pagan princess said:

I have the appeal letter as a PDF but am unable to edit out the personal details. My Son Will be able to but he's not up yet, lazy youth issues. 😉

Sorry we are unable to do it. Either edit the existing PDF or convert the other document into a PDF.

why not 

scan as JPG then redact

pop up on that last website in the upload list

convert to PDF 

upload here

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

The rejection of the appeal is already a PDF so I can't alter it without the correct software and I can't scan anything as I am not in possession of the physical paperwork.

I just have photos on whatsapp.

Edited by dx100uk
unnecessary previous post quote removed

just type no need to hit quote

goto the listed site in upload

WWW.SEJDA.COM

Free, no watermarks or registration. Edit PDF files for free. Fill & sign PDFs. Change existing text and links. Find & replace text. Whiteout. Add text...

click on all tools

pdf to jpg

redact jpg

convert back to PDF

we only need anything that THEY can use to ID your daughter here

like name, address, barcodes, Qrcode, boxes etc

numbers in the margins

reg/PCN number

the rest can stay. 

and they

reg number in text

and page 2 please

this serves as a notice to owner

what jokers, no such thing under private parking rules

they are trying to make out its a penalty charge notice - aFINE.

when no PPC can issue those - only a speculative invoice

and they

can we have the PCN/NTK bothsides please

even better , put EVERYTHING from day one in/out , bothsides of anything, in one mass PDF.

charging £20 to reject an appeal...thats a new one!

and they

Looks like they are trying to cash in before the full impact of the new legislation, the administration charge for an appeal might make a nice exhibit for a defence Witness Statementif it was added to a Letter Of Claim as part of the alleged debt. They are on a hiding to nothing as already stated wrong VRM is de minimis and included in the new regulations as not reason to invoice any more.

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

It looks to me that what is being said is that once the £20 payment is made the PCN will be cancelled. This would be in line with current Government thinking when an incorrect vrm is entered.

Therefore it appears that by accepting the £20 they are surely saying that they have found the payment for the time the car was in the car park.

The reason for the PCN was for not displaying a valid payment .

If the payment ticket did not have the car vrm printed on it then depending on what the signage states, it may be that the payment ticket was valid and so the PCN should not have been issued. 

If the PCN had said that the vrm was wrong then that could have been a minor reason for issuing the ticket.

Up to your daughter what she wants to do from here.

She could cough up £20 for getting the registration number wrong and that would be the finish of it. Or she could decide not to pay and have ECP, their unregulated debt collectors and dodgy solicitors write to her for perhaps several years.

• Like 1

yes, reading the slightly bad english i agree.

they will accept £20 and the speculative invoice will wiped.

dx

and they

But the £20 offer was a while back.

Now it's DRP time with the lies that she owes £140.

@Pagan princess, can you please upload the second page of the original PCN/invoice?  After we can sort out the redacting and putting the paper trail in the right order ourselves.

:frusty:  the letter says 2021 dx...

and even if it said 2022 how can it be sent on the 20th april this year...:frusty::frusty:

and they

are you going to remove her name?

thats page 2 of the letter from the powerless DR+ DCA you posted in post 1

we need bothsides of the FIRST letter from ECP with the two in/out pictures. the one that made her appeal (wrongly)

or tell her to send you everything bothsides

then put that everything on one mass multipage pdf.

dx

and they

59 minutes ago, FTMDave said:

@Pagan princess, can you please upload the second page of the original PCN/invoice?  After we can sort out the redacting and putting the paper trail in the right order ourselves.

Dx100uk I know you are trying to help but I'm not as adept at computers as you are and as FTMDave  said above, I assumed that would happen. I am unable to get the other side of the page you are after as my daughter is in bed. I will get that for you tomorrow.