Apcoa ANPR PCN NTK - Train station multi storey car park, Plymouth

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 709 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi. I received a parking change notice in the post today from Apcoa parking. This is addressed to me as I am the registered keeper. 

Would appreciate any advice on my next steps. 

1 Date of the infringement 30th March 2022

2 Date on the NTK [this must have been received within 14 days from the 'offence' date] 11th April 2022.

[scan up BOTH SIDES as ONE PDF- follow the upload guide]

I have uploaded the pdf and redacted the personal details including the registration from the photos 

3 Date received 14th April 2022

4 Does the NTK mention schedule 4 of The Protections of Freedoms Act 2012? [Y/N?] No, I cannot see any mention of it 

5 Is there any photographic evidence of the event? Yes (but really poor quality) 

6 Have you appealed? [Y/N?] post up your appeal] Nope! 

Have you had a response? [Y/N?] post it up N/a

7 Who is the parking company? APCOA parking 

8. Where exactly [carpark name and town] Train station multi storey car park, Plymouth 

For either option, does it say which appeals body they operate under.

Appeal directly to them (Apcoa), and Popla afterwards. 

There are two official bodies, the BPA and the IAS. If you are unsure,

please check HERE

I have no idea. Neither are mentioned on the latter, and the link above doesn't work. 

If you have received any other correspondence, please mention it hereParking-converted.pdf

Edited by jacktheband
Spelling

• dx100uk changed the title to Apcoa ANPR PCN NTK - Train station multi storey car park, Plymouth parking charge notice to keeper

Thanks for filling in the sticky and uploading the PCN so quickly.  We wish everyone would do that!

I see the fleecers have been too lazy to say what they reckon you did wrong, it's either not paying or not having a permit,. too difficult for them to actually say which.

However, this is recent, 30 March, can you work out what happened?

Plus, have you perchance blanked out a period of parking from X time to X time?  If so we need to see it.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

I'm a long time member of the forum and read a lot of posts, so I know to follow the stickies! 😉

The thing I blanked out was simply a time, e.g. 10.30am. It doesn't say when from or when to. It just days "at 10.30am". 

I'm wondering if the time from and time to are meant to be figured out from the 2 photos they provided. But as you can see from the pdf the quality of image is so abysmal that I cannot make out the text embedded in them. 

As for what happened, yes I do know.

I was not the driver nor was I present when it happened.

The driver parked there to attend a nearby interview. The ticket machine only offered an option for a full day ticket for just over £10. They had to accept this option as didn't want to find alternative parking and be late for an interview. they accepted, paid by contactless card, took the ticket and placed it in the windscreen.

Upon returning to the car a short while later after the interview they realised the ticket said payment not accepted and therefore it hadn't taken their payment. They kept the ticket as proof, as they did intend to (and at the time believe they had successfully) paid for parking. 

• dx100uk changed the title to Apcoa ANPR PCN NTK - Train station multi storey car park, Plymouth

The fleecers have, unsurprisingly, messed up big time.

You weren't the driver - and they haven't respected POFA to create keeper liability.

There has always been a minium industry-wide grace period of 10 minutes, now increased to 15.  As far as I can see on Google Maps the charges aren't shown outside.  So the driver could easily have driven in, seen just the one option of the £10 daily charge, thought it too much, and driven out again.  As they haven't bothered to show entry and exit times they can't prove otherwise.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

We almost never suggest appealing and the forum sticky that you filled in does say that. If you read some other parking threads, you'll see that all it normally does is cause further problems and you could make life more complicated for yourself by inadvertently outing yourself as the driver or by letting the PPC know what your arguments are likely to be.

See what the forum experts think but it may be that sitting on your hands unless a Letter Before Claim turns up - if it does - is the thing to do.

HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

god no dont play your cards, even if you get a letter of claim.

comeback here 

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Rule No 1 Never Appeal.

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

Noted! Will not appeal or contact them back in any way. I will wait to see if they send me anything further.

Do they have any time frame in which to contact me if they wanted to take anything further? 

6yrs.

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

The PCN is not PoFA compliant and Apcoa know that because they have not followed any of the POFA requirements except to say that they are the creditor.

Possibly the station car park is governed by Railway Bye Laws. In that case they have only 6 months to take you to Court  and they won't do that since even if you are fined by the Court the money goes to the Exchequer not Apcoa. So relax and keep your money in your pocket. 

Excellent point about bye-laws from LFI.   See if you can find out if the station bye-laws cover the car park.

Land owner listed on land registry site? Only costs £3

Dx

• Like 1

and they