• Tweets

• Hi, I'd change justice centre to county court. I also wouldn't be including a telegraph article in the bundle. It doens't prove anything law and you don't have distribution rights on it. I also wouldn't personally break down the exhibits on the index page, normally people have a seperate page for this right before the exhibits. The main index page normally just says Exhibits to WX of [Your Name] or at least that's the format I use/see people here use, although really it makes minimal difference.   I also see that despite referencing several judgements you haven't included the EVRi one   paragraph 46 really needs to go imo it has nothing to do with anything. Your in court to apply the law to your case, not to tell the judge about a newspaper that means nothing to your claim.   I also see you've adopted the issues in dispute/not in dispute, which is also known as a scott schedule. if you are taking this approach, for things not in dispute I would say this needs to be things that are agreed between parties, not things like "There is no dispute that I am happy to supply all this evidence which is included in the court bundle." I would say that issues in dispute is to focus on the aspects of the claim that are in dispute, such as whether liability is limited by insurance or not, so I'd be changing that accordingly.   BF should be along shortly to advise on things.
    • J, I just numbered them like that; once the witness statement is made, I'll add it to the pages.   The court date has been set as 02 July 2024. Please find attached V6. I will send an unredacted to the email.  claim budle_V6.pdf
    • I'm afraid that I have tried downloading it three times and each time I am getting an error message. Would you mind scanning it again please and uploading it again. I understand that JK has managed to open it but others may not. Thanks
    • I can see that.   In this case, I'd email both that receipt and your tracking label to evri's small claims email and say that is the information you have.   They'll figure it out from there I'm sure
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 160 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Backdoor 2018 CCJ Lowell/overdales - old 3 mobile debt - - now Marstons HCEO threat of writ of control ***Set a Side & Discontinued***

Lulu621976
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 531 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, 

I've received a letter from Overdales Solicitors on behalf of Lowell (studying this forum for 48hrs, I'm aware they're the same company). 

I've taken a photo of said letter, but not able to upload it on here  unsure why....

however, says "potential high court action in 14 days" on the letter header (looks like a standard template).

Continues in bold writing "we've been instructed to apply for a writ of control".....then continues on say a ccj was entered against me 27.02.18, and I've failed to pay the agreed plan to clear £829.51.... pay in full or else....

was unaware of this ccj and not sure who its due too, but have looked at my credit file and can confirm the ccj is there.

Anxiety has kicked in and im really worried.

Without going into my circumstances are as follows, and im not denying this debt, its very possible a credit card or mobile contract...kind of had a hazy few years, due to domestic violence, 16 yrs actually but still recovering from them....but rebuilt myself and life and moving forward. Im on esa, i have a long term medical condition and suffer terrible anxiety and depression, im on benefits....

i cant pull out £800+. Ive emailed the court in northampton, with the reference number on my credit file, asking them to supply me the details of the ccj, who was the company, what was the amount and any other info they can give me.

Ive not received any court documents prior to this letter , although ive had quite a few addresses over the past 7 years, womans refuges etc as fleeing domestic violence.

What should i do from here please,

im so worried

• dx100uk changed the title to Backfoor CCJ Lowell/overdale - 2018 CCJ now threat of writ of control

overdales are solicitors for lowells. but just remember NO DCA are Bailiffs and have ZERO legal powers anyway!!

you need to contact northants bulk best to ring and ask for a copy of the Judgement CCJ and the particulars of claim and the address they were served too by email PDF.

nothing they can do, they would have to return to court and ask the court to issue a warrant and send court bailiffs, VERY long way off, and ofcourse utterly useless as there is no right of forced entry on consumer credit debt.

• Like 1

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Thanks for your quick response, I appreciate your time.

I tried ringing Northants at 6pm, but were closed, hence emailing the. I'll ring them tomorrow in office hrs. This is a bit of a minefield for me, so can I try and clarify what you said....

-nothing they can do....is it just worth ignoring them?

-can they/will they return to court for a warrant to send bailiffs? Would it go bk to county court or can they go to the High Court?

-No right of forced entry on consumer credit debt....so those bailiffs off "can't pay, we'll take it away" are not going to show up?

I'm thinking if they really wanted to recover the debt, would they not send County Court bailiffs before putting it through the High Court?

Also am I right in understanding if the debt succeeds 6 years it's a write off? Not sure until I hear from Northants if this may be the case.

Received this letter on Saturday and barely slept! Thanks so much for taking your time to help!

court close at 4pm.

the debt is +£600 so yes could use HCEO's but their powers are no diff to court bailiffs and the same rules apply, eitherway a court would advise you 1st they are trying and give you option to object /defend (gets it in court for free and might get the whole CCJ overturned).

don't get scared by these silly TV programs , that's not true and those CCJ's are NOT consumer credit debt. most private rent arrears or business debts.

debt nor the CCJ can ever be statute barred , the issuance of a court claim halts the SB clock. unless it was already SB when they went to court.

is there any chance no payment/use was made of the credit in the last 6yrs prior to the CCJ?

can i suggest you spend your time and research HERE on CAG.

use our enhanced google searchbox 

Backdoor CCJ.

you'll soon get upto speed, 100's of like threads here.

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• dx100uk changed the title to Backdoor CCJ Lowell/overdale - 2018 CCJ now threat of writ of control
  • 1 month later...

Update..

.I've now received a Notice of Enforcement from Marston recovery.

Where do I go from here?

I'm in receipt of dla and esa,  I own my car, but hold a blue badge, can they take my car?

The debt does belong to me.

Really unsure if I should ring them tomorrow or await advice on here.

I can't afford to pay it, only instalments,  but with that incur more fees?

Nothing in my home is of any value, a tv maybe and my car.

2022-05-25 Marstons HCEO NOE.pdf

and what have you done on CAG to read up on what i suggested more than a month ago in preparation for this possibly happening?

what have you already concluded might be your best move?

not a good idea to post up ref numbers on a letter either. edited - dx

On 11/04/2022 at 22:07, dx100uk said:

you need to contact northants bulk best to ring and ask for a copy of the Judgement CCJ and the particulars of claim and the address they were served too by email PDF.

and they

Hi, thanks for your response.

After reading up on here, I think I need to fill out a n245 and send it to the court. I'm unsure if I should inform marston of my intentions and also if I should tell them of my health complications and mental health problems.

I read online on a government website that bailiffs can't take a car with a blue badge, but wondered they may not play by the rules.

I've read loads of threads on here, I'm trying to understand it, my understanding is, as mine is a consumer credit debt (mobile phone)..

the bailiffs can not force entry.

They can't clamp my car as I've a blue badge.

But I'm assuming if I ignore them the fees will keep increasing?

As suggested I've tried Northants numerous times but can't get through, yep I've yet again buried my head in the sand...again...due to circumstances, but

I'll ring Northants again tomorrow and just wait on hold as long as it takes.

I have found the ccj on my credit file and identified it as Vodafone

Good well done saves us wasting our time going over things you know and have worked out yourself already, excellent.

So its a ruddy mobile debt that is the monthly charge till end of contract when you couldn't even use the service, totally unfair and we win 99% of these if you'd bothered to defend it.

get that n245 off and running and inform marstons yes of your vulnerable status.

you need the address that ccj was filed to/ against, as where has notification regarding warrant attempt gone to aswell?

something is not right here.

Dx

and they

Hi Dx, thanks for that. I've downloaded the form ready. I believe I'm exempt from the fee, is it ex160 I need to complete for exemption? Thanks Lucy 

Edited by Lulu621976

Yes.

and they

Spoke to Northants. Received the relevant info.

The notification of warrant attempt was sent to old address.

Spoke to marstons, they won't extend their deadline of June 6th, wanted me to enter a payment plan.

I told him of my intention of n244/n245 j'e said there was a backlog for months and they would visit during this, 1st visit £180 2nd £495.

However I've spoken to sunderland court, I've an appointment at 1pm to submit the forms,

she said the judge would be presented with the forms tomorrow and could make an interim order of stay until a hearing.

The original debt is £829 marston want £975, if I'm successful with the court, what will I pay?

Marston tried to tie me into a payment plan, he's ringing bk at 2pm.

I'm guessing I'm better dealing with the court rather than marstons, but due to the long weekend time is limited.

Shall I hold marstons off until the last minute?

I don't want to incur a fee for them turning up?

Then Marston's are lying!!

The notice of enforcement and the warrant has to have the correct and current address on them, they haven't, which is why we said ignore them 

Get the n245 done that suspend s the warrant too, say £10pcm. You pay the claimant.

However once was have the particular s of claim please? You'll do an n244 to set the debt aside as what I said before will apply? 

Dx

and they

Thanks so much. The notice of enforcement has my current address on. Northants confirmed there is now a warrant , but sent to old address. I've completed the forms, the best I can, but cant provide rhe warrant number as i dont have it. Im hoping thus wont be a problem

You need the Warrant number .....ask Northampton ?

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

Just come out of the court, the judge actually saw me during her lunch and stayed it until a further hearing.

Marston just rang me to set up the payment plan, then u broke the good news, he seemed genuinely upset, so much for the 2 month backlog .

Thanks for the help and advice.

I'm sure I'll be bk for more leading up to the hearing. 😊

well done!

now get the poc up and we'll see about an n244 too.

dx

and they

What is poc? I submitted n244 today, they said I had to, thanks lucy

1) THE DEFENDANT ENTERED INTO AN AGREEMENT WITH THREE MOBILE UNDER ACCOUNT REFERENCE ...('THE
AGREEMENT).

2) THE DEFENDANT FAILED TO MAINTAIN THE REQUIRED PAYMENTS AND THE SERVICE WAS TERMINATED.

3) THE
AGREEMENT WAS LATER ASSIGNED TO THE CLAIMANT ON 13/ 05/2014 AND NOTICE GIVEN TO THE DEFENDANT.

4) DESPITE REPEATED REQUESTS FOR PAYMENT, THE SUM OF £627.32 REMAINS DUE AND OUTSTANDING.

And the CLAIMANT CLAIMS 

A) THE SAID SUM OF £627.32 

B) INTEREST PURSUANT TO S69 COUNTY COURTS ACT 1984 AT THE RATE OF 8% PER ANNUM FROM THE DATE OF ASSIGNMENT TO THE DATE OF ISSUE, ACCRUING AT A DAILY RATE OF £0.137, BUT LIMITED TO ONE YEAR, BEING £50.19 

c)

poc.pdfpoc.pdf

need C) from the poc.

so you've filed an N244 NOT an N245 variation to a £PCM figure correct?

and they

file another what?

so if you've done an N244 what did you put as your reason to set aside the CCJ and the defence of not owing the debt please?

on the poc its says C) costs.

what are they, there is a bit missing from C.

and they

Regarding c) that's all they sent, I'll call them tomorrow again and ask for this to be resent.

I told them the debt was mine but they said I had to fill in N244,

I said no I need to fill in N245,

she said, not really but hand in N245 as the expenditure part would be helpful!?

I was getting a bit confused and was pushed for time as appt was 1pm, so I just said OK and did it.

As being confused about it , for the reason on n244, I put I never received the writ no the notification of warrant attempt, Northants told me it had been sent to previous address , after seeking advice I wanted the court to deal with it as opposed to marstons and I wanted to Stay the writ.

you didnt want to be admitting the debt!! if you've put in an N244 and said on it yes i owe the debt ,there is then no point in the N244 !!

that's why we said do the N245 as that suspends the warrant 

and they

No I didn't admit the debt, tbh I thought it was about stopping the bailiff, so I was arguing the toss about not receiving the warrant or the notification of it. Can I submit another?

thank god...no admittance

did you get a copy of what you filed?

and they