Arnold Clark - traded-in for Mercedes vito Van - now i suspect mileage issues. they say i can't cancel within 14 days?

Hi there hope someone can help . 

I exchange my 3 years old Mitsu L200 46.000 miles for 10 years Mercedes vito Van 89.000 miles .

when i bought the van they saying had original millage which prove Mercedes service book and all Mot'd . 

Why should I not believe it is a reputable dealer Arnold Clark .

But when I drive  home I start checking the paper and service book they give me with the van and  I spotted few issue:

1) VIN Number on Mercedes predelivery notes is different  than Van 2 last number swap ( should be 981 but on predelivery note is 891 ) the rest looks ok inc number plate the same . 

2) Mercedes Service  book  first  service done after 3 years  with 23.994 miles on 6 jan 2015 

then few month later MOT with 21.815 on 20 april 2015.

For me that's evidence that miles was clock out but Arnolds Clark saying now that Mercedes service book is not not legal paper and on MOT is all ok . 

3)Last service done on 25march 2022 and 89.426 miles but i bought Friday the 8th april 2022 and was 89.397 miles .

why can be happened all 3

i think big issue in one car and them saying that on invoice is mileage when they get the van and not when i bought it .

When i go there today  (3 days after transaction) and give them evidence  i spotted they don't care . I said to them as feeling cheated and I want back my mitsu as I have 14 days for return if I'm not happy .

They strongly say that what i want is not possible and they have own rules and 14 days return is not applicable to me .

What can i do now any one can help please

Thanks 

did you buy this from the showroom and viewed and signed the papers on their premises ?

did you buy this outright and how did you pay them?

or it their Car finance like HP involved?

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• dx100uk changed the title to Arnold Clark - traded-in for Mercedes vito Van - now i suspect mileage issues. they say i can't cancel within 14 days?

Hi

With the 'first service done after 3 years  with 23.994 miles on 6 jan 2015' does the Mercedes service book show that this service was done at a Mercedes dealership?

Have you contacted Mercedes Customer Service to see if they have that first Service with that Mileage recorded on their systems?

To add to dx100uk questions in the previous post:

Was this actual Mercedes Van at that actual showroom for you to view or was is brought up from another showroom to the actual showroom for you to view? the reason I ask this is if it was brought up from another showroom to the actual showroom for you to view that Arnold Clark showroom you viewed and got the vehicle from don't do anything bar look at the paperwork as they believe it's been checked by the previous showroom it came from.

How to Upload Documents/Images on CAG - **INSTRUCTIONS CLICK HERE**

FORUM RULES - Please ensure to read these before posting **FORUM RULES CLICK HERE**

I cannot give any advice by PM - If you provide a link to your Thread then I will be happy to offer advice there.

I advise to the best of my ability, but I am not a qualified professional, benefits lawyer nor Welfare Rights Adviser.

Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

dx100uk yes iv bought from showroom and signed . was exchange for my mitsu and was a balance left for me after finance then pay cash the rest . so there no finance on van and that way they don't want to talk with me now 

then you are going to find this a hard case to win.

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

go up and get the complete MOT history for it - you can do that on line.

TBH if they tally ..then a few number discrepancies are not that major, humans make errors.

dx

and they

Posted (edited)

Here is what I would do:

1. Visit https://www.gov.uk/check-mot-status and check all the previous MOTs recorded against the van, paying particular attention to the mileage at each.
  2. Phone, or call in and see, your nearest Mercedes dealership (you may need to find a Mercedes commercial dealership) and ask them to query their database for any information or history they hold on the van. If it's been through a Mercedes workshop for any reason, they will have a record of the date and mileage.
  3. Ask Mercedes to scan the van's ECU. Modern vehicle control units retain an electronic record of everything about the car or van, including its mileage. That would tell you once and for all what its true mileage is, but it'd cost you about £50-ish.
  4. Look through all the documentation you got when you bought the van, does the V5 show anything about the previous keeper? It may be possible to find them and ask them directly about the van's history prior to your ownership.
  5. Get an HPI or other vehicle background check done. That will tell you whether the van has been crashed, written off and repaired, and a load of other useful information to help you build a picture of the van.

One possible, albeit unlikely, explanation for a discrepancy could be the van has had its instrument cluster replaced. That's why I'm suggesting you use these other resources to help build a picture of the van's history, rather than relying solely on the figures you're seeing recorded by some mechanic.

Edited by theberengersniper
  • Like 1