David v Yorkshire

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6292 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, Any advice for my boyfriend David who has charges of over £700 for a failed direct debit, it was only about 4 month ago so I can't understand how the charges are so much?? He has told them he is now out of work so will find it difficult to pay it but they said he has to pay £20 a month. I don't think this is fair as the only letter he recieved said he owed over £800, he went into the bank and they took about £64 off but no more, his mam has made a couple off payments as he is down as living at her address and she is worried about what could happen if he fails to pay. HELP!!! :confused:

Firstly your boyfriends credit rating does not affect his mothers.

The only way this happens now is if people are financially linked (eg. a mortgage, joint account, loan etc). So just because their related and living together, makes no difference.

You can claim charges back from the last six years. I fail to see how one direct debit returned has caused in excess of £700 in charges.

If you know the charge details then you can start with the prelimary letter. If you don't, then you can find out by making a subject access request under the data protection act.

There is a template for both procedures in the library.

Please have a read through the FAQ's and step by step instructions first and read threads in the relevant bank forum you intend to claim against!

for FAQs & Step By Step

click here

for Templates Library

click here

for Court Bundle

click here

WON 121o121 'vs' LloydsTSB

here

WON 121o121 'vs' Halifax C C

here

WON 121o121 'vs' Cahoot CC

here